Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Am I the only one who hates this?

Quote Originally Posted by pomop
    well in my opinion things like this are a good thing. I should have added this in my previous response, but meh.

When things like this happen, it causes every person to wonder what they could have done better. And usually, 9/10 people realize what they could have done better.

So basically, wipes like this cause raids to progress.
    not if you had like a few 1-4% wipes and then lost all your attempts

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnet

What I REALLY dislike is the people who EXPECT me to play with a wolf. I like my devilsaur and my Spirit Beast. And I'm not even spec'd in MM anymore, tyvm.

I'm not paying a monthly fee to have you tell me what I have to play or not play.

Also... I've never fallen in love with any of the wolf models except Skoll. And he's not really a "wolf".
    That's a valid thing to say if your raid doesn't care that you aren't maximizing your DPS. If you raid in even the smallest of hardcore guilds, you are wasting all 9, or 24 of the other peoples money by not doing the best you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Popcorntub
    That's a valid thing to say if your raid doesn't care that you aren't maximizing your DPS. If you raid in even the smallest of hardcore guilds, you are wasting all 9, or 24 of the other peoples money by not doing the best you can do.
    I wouldn't say you are wasting their time, because wasting implies that nothing happens. If your raid wipes because you dont an extra 100 dps yourself, everybody can improve. Sure you could have prevented that wipe and downed the boss... But then nothing was learned by anybody in the raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

I wouldn't say you are wasting their time, because wasting implies that nothing happens. If your raid wipes because you dont an extra 100 dps yourself, everybody can improve. Sure you could have prevented that wipe and downed the boss... But then nothing was learned by anybody in the raid.
    they are already pushing it, if with your 100dps it wouldve been down then they did well and you did bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinni
    they are already pushing it, if with your 100dps it wouldve been down then they did well and you did bad.
    You didnt do bad. You did not do your best, but you did far from bad.

And i doubt they are already pushing it. Like i have said before, it causes everybody in the raid to think about what they could improve on. For example, warriors accidently letting Sunder Armor slip, or Standing in the fire too long. People also die, and that person can do 30k damage MUCH faster than a pet. A pet it takes 5 minutes to do 30k dps, a player it can take... 5, 6 seconds?

Also remember - Unless you hit an enrage timer, its also the tank / healers fault.
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

You didnt do bad. You did not do your best, but you did far from bad.

And i doubt they are already pushing it. Like i have said before, it causes everybody in the raid to think about what they could improve on. For example, warriors accidently letting Sunder Armor slip, or Standing in the fire too long. People also die, and that person can do 30k damage MUCH faster than a pet. A pet it takes 5 minutes to do 30k dps, a player it can take... 5, 6 seconds?

Also remember - Unless you hit an enrage timer, its also the tank / healers fault.
    30k damage? Hit whirlwind.

you don't need to do more dmg if u down a boss, so you are BAD for not getting the boss down while u could but didnt because of a cosmetic preferance.

You sir are what we call a free loader. What if everyone had the mentality that you do? 100 DPS from everyone thinking that the others will pick up the slack is alot of DPS lost because people are lazy and care about the vanity. That kinda stuff is fine for the casual guilds, but you will never make it into anything else other than that.

EDIT: Bad grammar

I dont see what the big deal is about the pet. So what... use what ever pet you want for chilling and heroics but in a raid where the only time your actually gonna see him is right before you pull..

kinda seems like alot to complain about when its something so small.

I dont like wolf either. i run around with my cool spider ( my old pvp pet) =p

But raid time comes and spider is on bench.

quite good solution Dazline.

Yes Daz is the one thinking the best for those who care about the vanity of the pets when they are able to be seen.

Yes Daz is the one thinking the best for those who care about the vanity of the pets when they are able to be seen.
    the new stable pet talent makes this easyier than ever as well. Like i said i dont like wolf, but im also not gonna gimp my performance because of a simple pet skin :-\

How ever yesterday i faction changed my hunter to an orc, and i have to say running into combat on my mount then sending in my wolf pet that looks exactly like my mount cept a little smaller is kinda fun!

You sir are what we call a free loader. What if everyone had the mentality that you do? 100 DPS from everyone thinking that the others will pick up the slack is alot of DPS lost because people are lazy and care about the vanity. That kinda stuff is fine for the casual guilds, but you will never make it into anything else other than that.

EDIT: Bad grammar
    So people who use wolves are free loaders? K.

I dont use vanity pets, because personally i enjoy the wolf. However if you hate the wolf, then dont use him. Use a ravager or something.

Being bad implies that you are bad. Doing sub dps for the gear you are in. Not that you arent playing at your fullest potential.

And also, hunters are typically close to the top of damage done. Tell the people at the bottom of the meters to pick up some slack.

- And well said Daz.

So people who use wolves are free loaders? K.

I dont use vanity pets, because personally i enjoy the wolf. However if you hate the wolf, then dont use him. Use a ravager or something.

Being bad implies that you are bad. Doing sub dps for the gear you are in. Not that you arent playing at your fullest potential.

And also, hunters are typically close to the top of damage done. Tell the people at the bottom of the meters to pick up some slack.

- And well said Daz.
    By the way you were answering it seemed like you were one of the people fighting for not using a wolf. Not using a wolf is being a free loader, and your mentality about the whole subject makes it seem like you are a freeloader.

If you aren't striving to be the best you can be on every single attempt every raid then you are bad, and just because that you are on top of the meters doesn't mean that you can't improve.

In any case, everyone needs to pick up slack, even the person on top of the meters, unless for some reason they happen to be doing everything mathematically perfect every single attempt.

By the way you were answering it seemed like you were one of the people fighting for not using a wolf. Not using a wolf is being a free loader, and your mentality about the whole subject makes it seem like you are a freeloader.

If you aren't striving to be the best you can be on every single attempt every raid then you are bad, and just because that you are on top of the meters doesn't mean that you can't improve.

In any case, everyone needs to pick up slack, even the person on top of the meters, unless for some reason they happen to be doing everything mathematically perfect every single attempt.
    That is true. However personal preference needs to come in somewhere. Otherwise you are gimping yourself by not putting epic gems in greens that have gem slots, and getting berserker on blue weapons.

And actually as said on page 1, it depends on what pet. Changing from a wolf to a cat is only a 60 dps decrease. That is the equivalent to one crit my any caster, or kill shot.

10+ Year Old Account

I use a wolf because I've had it since I was level 17.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    It would appear the world is retardeding at a pace much more rapid than previously anticipated.

That is true. However personal preference needs to come in somewhere. Otherwise you are gimping yourself by not putting epic gems in greens that have gem slots, and getting berserker on blue weapons.

And actually as said on page 1, it depends on what pet. Changing from a wolf to a cat is only a 60 dps decrease. That is the equivalent to one crit my any caster, or kill shot.
    that 25-30k dmg can be THE diff.

Are you talking in terms of the DPS done by the pet? That may be true but there is no way a cat or any other pet is going to make up for Furious Howl. It is the single most amazing ability any pet has especially if you time your CDs to go with it every time.

Are you talking in terms of the DPS done by the pet? That may be true but there is no way a cat or any other pet is going to make up for Furious Howl. It is the single most amazing ability any pet has especially if you time your CDs to go with it every time.
    He included howl in his estimations.

Wolves actually do the least DPS of any pet - they have no real special ability. They make up for it by giving the hunter AP, however.

That is according to Femaledwarf, meaning yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinni
    that 25-30k dmg can be THE diff.
    And has been covered many times. And actually 60 dps would be about 18k damage. Which said before, is one crit in the 20% range, or 1 crit one regular attack by almost any class.