Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Mangle change seems a bit much

12 to 60 seconds? Little much.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Mangle change seems a bit much

are you kidding!

kitties have hard enough time getting enough energy. the energy saving inherent in having a 60 second debuff and not have to use energy to reapply every 12 seconds is a huge buff.

/drool

i can put that recovered energy into another attack, bam, dps goes up.
    'Let no man deceive himself. If any one among you seem to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.'
    Translation: you are a fool.

was gonna say something about it too...

im gonna just assume all (well most at least) will play it like bear form FF, use it regardless of if its on the target cause its a dps plus....

but for pvp it'll be nice cause if you die you got another minute for some warrior/rogue to come along and finish em!!1
    TIRION: It is done
    RHONIN: I know it's done, I'm the d00d that did it
    TIRION: But without a lich king to chain it, the scourge will rampage across Azeroth, destroying all life, I am the only one who can bear this solemn burden.
    RHONIN: Because you did such a good job with the coliseum? I thought I fired your ass, Why are you even here?

10+ Year Old Account

from what i hear their dps changes dramatically when they have a mangle (trauma) bot so they just use shred. so i guess this is kind of what that is for incase you dont have another feral in your raid or an arms warrior (which no one seems to play these days)
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

I enjoy playing a challenging spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Cåt

Making a spec challenging is one thing.

John Fucking Madden is another.

Edit: If anything I would say this is to help combat log spam partially although there is no cooldown it technically doens't limit the arms warrior spam. So yes im talking in circles :O

Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo
    from what i hear their dps changes dramatically when they have a mangle (trauma) bot so they just use shred.
    Untrue, the difference is negligible. I'm guessing this will be a 1-2% dps increase at best.

this buff is long overdue. I don't play a class that even benefits from this buff btw.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Bergenia
    Untrue, the difference is negligible. I'm guessing this will be a 1-2% dps increase at best.

While that may be true on paper it will turn out to be a much higher increase unless you have perfected the feral rotation which I doubt (I'm talking clipping mangle by .1 and never letting rip, rake, or savage roar ever drop). This will remove "mangle bitch" duty and save us a decent amount of energy to put into shreds. I'm thinking for many new ferals who don't quite know the rotation this could be near a 10% dps increase but perhaps 3-4% for icc raiding expert ferals

The change seems to make it closer to Trauma, which is applied passively. This frees up a good amount of energy and gcds without removing mangle as an effective attack for leveling and soloing. If it had been changed to a passive application like Trauma ferals would be stuck with Claw until a tank came along to point a mob away from them.

It also frees up the 3 talent points from imp mangle allowing them for imp FB regardless of presence of bot.

This is a pretty amazing change. While single target dps may not increase as much, fights which require you to switch targets frequently, this change will help out alot. You can now apply rip, rake without worrying that your losing dps because mangle fell off.

Let's not forget about 3 extra talents points we are getting. Imp Mangle will be a worthless talent, for cats.

This change doesn't affect bears, but the mangle glyph is a nice change considering our usually tanking glyphs were boring.

No matter what you think, this is a buff.

You save a global every 60 secs, 80% energy of a shred and mangle does less than 50% of one, and easing up the rotation by a large amount because you only have to watch 1 timer that is under 20 secs makes it much easier.

The fact that you like a complex rotation is fine but this should make the fact that you are watching one less ability makes has to make it a little easier and this shouldn't make it so easy that you hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergenia
    Running without Imp. Mangle, I get about 70 more DPE from Shred vs. Mangle. This change converts 140 energy per minute from Mangles into Shreds. That's about a 160 DPS boost. People changing their spec from Imp. Mangle to use 5 points in FA will see less of a boost from Shred DPS but a boost to FB hits.

That ignores the 30% damage lost for probably 2-3 ticks of either Rip or Rake, which anyone without an absolutely perfect rotation was probably losing.

So this probably nets me 3-4% total.

Doing mangle doesn't make it more challenging, only more annoying.

Watching mangle wasn't a problem. It was just that sometimes I wanted to smash my head onto my desk because sometimes I couldn't make use of all 3 charges on the Shred glyph, only because of having to do mangle.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos
    Doing mangle doesn't make it more challenging, only more annoying.

Watching mangle wasn't a problem. It was just that sometimes I wanted to smash my head onto my desk because sometimes I couldn't make use of all 3 charges on the Shred glyph, only because of having to do mangle.
    If you think feral dps is about just watching the uptimes then you are doing it wrong. You need to apply everything in a way that the timers don't fall off at the same time so things like that don't happen. Apparently I'm the only one that thought actually managing things while dpsing rather than mashing a button is fun. To be honest I miss having to manage Faerie Fire as well.

I'm glad they could dumb it down for you.

I agree. Learning a complicated rotation made the game interesting. Pre 3.1* arms warrior was mine. I was probably 1/100 that could pull it off.

If you think feral dps is about just watching the uptimes then you are doing it wrong. You need to apply everything in a way that the timers don't fall off at the same time so things like that don't happen. Apparently I'm the only one that thought actually managing things while dpsing rather than mashing a button is fun. To be honest I miss having to manage Faerie Fire as well.

Its fun at first. But eventually trying to maintain that rotation PLUS everything happening in the encounter just gets frustrating. I dislike single button spam, but trying to JOHN FUCKING MADDEN while running around dealing with everything going on, it gives me a headache. Its the reason I left the game. I may come back due to this.

I am happy. Mangle bitch duty is less annoying. Switching target to dps an add is less annoying. 10 mans and 5mans will be more enjoyable and fair. Glyph will allow bear druids to do more tps if they choose to use it.
    With the freed up 3 talent points due to the debuff duration, the energy saving won't be as useful, I'd probably specc for improved swipe damage or 2 in nurturing instinct to increase raid healing I take/healing I deal on say Dreamwalker. I think the former is more useful. This is change that should have been made sooner.

To thoes players who feeling like their pride at playing a complex rotation is being soiled: I assume when you have an arm warrior in your raid you cut your wrists and cry at them to respecc. Unlikely. Stop being so over dramatic. If you so desperatly want to play 'juggling' debuffs, try affliction. That will amuse you no doubt. But no, you'll complain that shadow bolt, drain soul and haunt will refresh the duration of Corruption.

Why you think it is dumbing the rotation down?

I think it is giving us more room to put in a FB or having more energy for my next move.

Having to watch rip timer, rake timer, mangle timer (when you do not have a mangle bot), and SR timer. Now we can watch three timer while waiting for mangle timer to be finish. Because of this changes, the glyph for mangle just got better. Now we are going to have a hard time choosing because it is a 10% more damage from that glyph.

At the same time, our talent is have three free point to go anywhere.

I am thinking more of the line of this talent build up.

Blizzard did state that they want to help player deal with kitty rotation and I think this is going the right direction.