Thread: hidden nerf??

hidden nerf??

topic says it all, i notice today i lost 1k dps during my icc 25man run. i would avg around 10.5k dps on most boss. but today 9k at max on fester 10.5k witch i pull on a decent day with out flask or the new buff. any one know anything?

Re: hidden nerf??

Sounds like you should quit smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRet
    "This server shutdown was so epic not even Illidan was prepared for it"
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperweight
    I wanna hold hands with the pretty alliance people and skip through fields of daisies!
    Look now to your defenses, my son. For the champions of justice gather at your gates!
    Then let them come... Frostmourne HUNGERS!

Exsqueeze me?

RNGods hate you, have you recently pressed the "need" button on some caster items?

15+ Year Old Account

No, there has not been a hidden nerf.

Instead of just throwing numbers out there, it would be very nice with some screenshots or some damage logs (Like WoL etc), since there are several issues to look at:
    - Was your raid composition the same?
    - Did an "important" buffer (like a feral druid) die durin the try?
    - Did you have more latency / was the server lagging?
    - Did you use your rapid fire etc at the most optimal times?
    - Did you re-sting when your AP was at it's highest?
    - Did you have lower/higher procrate of stuff like trinkets?

And many more questions like these.

If this was an attempt to troll, then meh. But if it was a real question, please provide something to work with.
    <Stasis>, Ravencrest EU

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ingwe
    dont need to re-sting if your AP has changed. one should only resting when you get a percent-wize damage increase. such as T10-2set. the AP for SrS will get refreshed when you shoot chimera shot

Quote Originally Posted by Ingwe
    No, there has not been a hidden nerf.

Instead of just throwing numbers out there, it would be very nice with some screenshots or some damage logs (Like WoL etc), since there are several issues to look at:
    - Was your raid composition the same?
    - Did an "important" buffer (like a feral druid) die durin the try?
    - Did you have more latency / was the server lagging?
    - Did you use your rapid fire etc at the most optimal times?
    - Did you have lower/higher procrate of stuff like trinkets?

And many more questions like these.

If this was an attempt to troll, then meh. But if it was a real question, please provide something to work with.

no this is not a troll.

everything was the same as all the other nights, i mean it could have been just shitty RNG for me tonight. was just asking if there was hidden nerf

Quote Originally Posted by vivel

no this is not a troll.

everything was the same as all the other nights, i mean it could have been just shitty RNG for me tonight. was just asking if there was hidden nerf
    If you did different damage it was probably not everything the same as the other night. Only because it "looked" like everything was the same, doesn't mean it was. Logs are really needed because there was no hidden nerf. Especially not a 1k nerf out of the blue :
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir.QuackAlot
    Sounds like you should quit smoking.
    I almost fell of my chair for this :
    "If the Burning Legion is such a problem why not just throw water on them? Then they'll just be a legion."

Deleted

I did more dps today, I think there was a hidden buff?? 8)

Quote Originally Posted by swiftfeet
    I did more dps today, I think there was a hidden buff?? 8)
    my pet died today, I think blizz dislikes pets

Random number generator is....... random?
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

I think that probably rng has a lot to do with it, but I also think that you're human and you might have been having an off night. A case of fat fingers can kill my dps sometimes. I also think that sometimes fights just go more smoothly for you; I have nights on Lord Mag both 10 and 25 that I feel like I never have to move and can just stand and pew pew the boss only switching to hit a bone spike once and a while. Then I have night where I feel like I spend the entire time running for my life from frost patches and bonestorm. Besides if you downed the boss you did enough dps.

Quote Originally Posted by vivel
    any one know anything?
    The only nerf was one to the instance, because this week's patch brought in a 5% buff to health, damage, and healing in ICC. So, you should have been doing much better. There was no nerf to hunters. You likely had a weaker/more poorly composed group, or you played worse yourself.

The only thing that has changed is the "hidden" BUFF

Group composition makes a huge difference.. did you forget to eat? someone forget to buff? did you not keep your pots up? We're you using cheap ammo? have the wrong trink up?

While i'm no hunter i did get a laugh out of myself wondering why my HPS was low the other day. Turns out i had the cheese trinket for getting stratholm rep equipped. 48sp is vastly different thatn 179

shit happens

Sounds like you had a case of bad group composition to me, as a fury warrior im extremely aware of what kind of group compostiion buffs i have every raid because essentially they can mean the difference between 8k dps on a single target or 11k, i'm not sure if it effects hunters as much but im sure it does also to some extrent.

Maybe your pet died more then the raid you had before. bad RNG with trinkets and suchs.

Quote Originally Posted by Philenia
    Maybe your pet died more then the raid you had before. bad RNG with trinkets and suchs.
    Pets rarely die in icc these days, unless its a wipe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Kael'thas and Kil'Jaeden are actually quite similar. For one, both names start with the letter K, which is short for...kuhraaaaazy. Second, both had a hard-on for the color red and blood-elf girls. Third, they both were defeated at the Sunwell. Lastly, they both hate people who make threads comparing things that are as different as bananas and grape drink.

Have you also thought about if there any DEBUFFS missing on festergut during the fight, missing some of them can probably make that difference, plus you might not have crit as much.