Using Hysteria for threat

..how bad is it?

I've recently started using it on pulls, and it is awesome

Re: Using Hysteria for threat

awesome beyond belief, if i need it for threat i use it for threat. Otherwise it goes to a warrior or feral.

My belief is, if my threat isnt an issue a dps can have it to do more dps. If its a pull, or my threat is lacking for some reason its used on me. Either way dps can do more. Maybe not directly but they dont have to hold back etc if its used on me for a pull.

EDIT:

as others below have explained, the pro's ive mentioned vastly out weigh the con's. Its a huge threat increase for minimal if not neglible damage done to you which is very easily overhealed anyway with the state that healers are in presently.

10+ Year Old Account

It's not bad at all. 1% HP lost per second is easily recovered from, and the threat gain is incredible. If you need it, absolutely use it. Basically, what Snowie said. :3

The damage is probably going to soak what would otherwise be overheals. If 30% of your health causes distress over a 30 second period...there exists a problem which is not Hysteria.

Threat generally isn't an issue these days, with tricks and misdirects and all, I see better use on DPS.

I would use it for threat... if I ever needed to. I have it macroed to cast on our kitty, and I do so on Heroism and then whenever it's up.

Depending on who I get grouped with in randoms, there's a good chance that I'll be the highest dps or at least highest melee dps, in which case I'm definitely using it on myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

My paladin co-tank in 25man tried to show off by pulling like 16k TPS while he wasn't being focused on that frost dragon before gunship... so on Saurfang I told him to watch me for some real threat... went blood, popped Hysteria, Dancing Rune Weapon, Orc Fury racial, Indomitable Trinket for the high dodge rate (rune strikes), all while getting a tricks of the trade.... I was over 30k TPS for like 15 seconds. Shit was unreal. Then I laughed in his paladin face.

Quote Originally Posted by Vodamn
    My paladin co-tank in 25man tried to show off by pulling like 16k TPS while he wasn't being focused on that frost dragon before gunship... so on Saurfang I told him to watch me for some real threat... went blood, popped Hysteria, Dancing Rune Weapon, Orc Fury racial, Indomitable Trinket for the high dodge rate (rune strikes), all while getting a tricks of the trade.... I was over 30k TPS for like 15 seconds. Shit was unreal. Then I laughed in his paladin face.
    I bet that made your e-penis huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Minimach
    I bet that made your e-penis huge.
    I bet your achievement sig made your e-penis huge

Quote Originally Posted by Vodamn
    My paladin co-tank in 25man tried to show off by pulling like 16k TPS while he wasn't being focused on that frost dragon before gunship... so on Saurfang I told him to watch me for some real threat...Dancing Rune Weapon....I was over 30k TPS for like 15 seconds. Shit was unreal. Then I laughed in his paladin face.
    Unless this changed since Ulduar when I was Blood, DRW does not give you any threat. Why do you have this as a tank?

Quote Originally Posted by Polsky
    I can top it! Last night I popped cooldowns and finished off Putricide while the rest of the raid was dead =P

Quote Originally Posted by Vangor
    Unless this changed since Ulduar when I was Blood, DRW does not give you any threat. Why do you have this as a tank?
    It now gives approximately half its damage as threat. Being as it does half damage to begin with, it's not a HUGE boost, but not bad at all for 1 point.

Quote Originally Posted by jai151
    I can top it! Last night I popped cooldowns and finished off Putricide while the rest of the raid was dead =P

It now gives approximately half its damage as threat. Being as it does half damage to begin with, it's not a HUGE boost, but not bad at all for 1 point.
    its a lie most probably, becouse when a tank dies he gets healed and if he gets healed hitting berskerk timer is quite likely ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Polsky
    Touchè!