Healing LK10 man

Hi there all paladins, first time poster. I have a question about healing Lich King 10man.

Im a HL spammer and i have been on the encounter before(only been on phase 1)
    now heres my question. is holy light really the best heal to use in this fight?? last time i was there my mana got drained pretty fast because of all the dmg coming in, i do use Divine illumination, divine plea when they are of CD.. and ofc dont just spam without thinking.. just wondering if fol is a better heal in this fight.

so any advice for a little paladin would be really nice

Re: Healing LK10 man

Havn't done the fight yet, I'm assuming its longer than Blood Queen where I HL the entire time. Last week we did it without replenishment and that was fun but still doable. Does your raid have a resto shaman for Mana tide? Replenishment? If the incoming damage is that high then HL is the only way to go. Can you stand behind the boss and get a few melee swings in to generate mana? How much mana in your raid group do you have? Any non-resto druid's in raid to toss you an innervate?

No offense but if your on LK and are a HL spammer then you've gotten thru a couple fights that should give you the knowledge to know when you can FL to save mana and know when big damage is coming to HL spam. Just because we call ourselves HL spammers doesn't mean thats all we do. A few well timed FL's can save alot of mana.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm a bit confused since the damage isn't really that high, specially in phase1.. Are you going 2 healers in that case? If you are going 3 healers then you must be doing something wrong to go OOM. I usually stay above 70% mana in that fight.

And Yes, Holy Light is the best heal to use, however that doesn't mean you ignore FoL. Use FoL when the damage is low, or Holy light when it's high. Beacon the tank tanking Lich King and heal the raid / OT accordingly.

Anyway, if you're going oom in phase 1 only then.. Link your armory? Perhaps we can shed some light on your mana issues.
    Hi

my little armory page : http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...cn=Lightsource

just a little info only had 1 try in phase 1, this is more for preparing for the fight, and for some reason my mana just didnt hold up that good on the attempt.

but any tips would be nice since im walking in blind on this guy

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lightsource
    my little armory page : http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...cn=Lightsource

just a little info only had 1 try in phase 1, this is more for preparing for the fight, and for some reason my mana just didnt hold up that good on the attempt.

but any tips would be nice since im walking in blind on this guy
    If its your first try then I can understand that you are going OOM, you dont know the fight and are not fermiliar with the incomming damage just yet. In time you will learn to adapt your mana better in that fight, I went oom in the start too.

You have more or less similar gear to me, so there is no reason why you should go oom after you've properly learned the fight. (The damage isnt as high as you think. After phase 1 and first remorseless winter, you can melee lich king for mana (Or the val'kyr) through-out the fight without worrying to much about people dying. (If you run 2 healer setup you might have to be on your toes though.)
    Hi

thx for the reply really nice with some fast and good feedback^^

we run with: disc, resto druid, and me. so 3 healers if thats of any interest

No point in the encounter needs HL spam (keyword is spam)

HL was mainly used for phase 1-2 and 2-3 transitions and Soul Reaper on the tanks.
    Other than that HS and FoL works perfectly to keep everyone topped off. Infest was almost never a worry as the Disc priest we had knew what he was doing. Huge spikes can easily be countered on DPS with a HS + instant FoL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolatinia View Post
    Deathwing begins to explode as he explodes

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

As some posts above, you can and should be meleeing lich king in phase 1, it allows you to do healing when necessary and keep your mana at a good % (100% with good SoW procs).
    What tanks are you using? I found it amazing how when they have to tank switch from our paladin tank to our DK tank he starts taking some serious damage. Try to put a shield in between Lich King and your tank, the shambling doesn't do as much damage (except when enraged, but that's another story).

I prefer keeping a SS on the LK tank and beacon for the OT, but it varies on your strat.

Quote Originally Posted by DreadLobster
    No point in the encounter needs HL spam (keyword is spam)
    I disagree with this. There are long periods of time where just one tank is taking significant damage during periods of heavy raid damage. It's the perfect opportunity to Beacon HL spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpkto
    As some posts above, you can and should be meleeing lich king in phase 1
    I also disagree somewhat with this. You can melee LK in P1 (depending on your strat), but you really shouldn't have to. If you Plea shortly before transition, you should have no problem entering the next phase with 100% mana.

Really, the biggest thing (and something I'm shocked no one has mentioned) is meleing LK in P3 (and simalarly in P5). Some people refer to the ledge phases as transitions, so to clarify - I'm talking about the two phases spent in the middle of the room with defiles and Valks. You spend significant amounts of time stacked on the boss, waiting for Valks to spawn or Defile to come up. This is the perfect time to take a few hits at the boss. A significant portion of my mana return comes from this.

Other than that, you will Plea more on this fight than in any other in the entire instance. Hell, maybe more than in the entire expansion.

As with any challenging new fight, the demands on your mana will be heavy during the innital learning phase and then lessen as time goes by and you and your raid become more familiar with the fight. I was Pleaing on CD from start to finish when were learning this, but now I “only” have to Plea every 1.5 to 2 minutes after we leave P1. On 10 man, it’s even easier and I can now get away with about 4 Pleas total.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

or use a combo of plea + melee! ZOMG

I mean really we have SO MANY ways of getting mana back i generaly enter p2 with 100%, p3 with 90-100% and p4 with around 70-80% it really just depends on SoW procs and managing what heal you need and when, I find myself using HL till I am around 90% mana then just flashing (if incoming damage permits) until back around 98% then I return to HL, make sure you are around 94% before judging or melee'ing so as not to cap out on a proc of SoW and waste mana. I also prefer beaconing the OT and SS/Healing MT and raid... ultimately it comes down to which on takes more damage, our MT is a feral druid with 72.1k hp (full buffs) and our OT is a prot pally with obviously less hp who in turn needs the extra(consistent) healing.

just a case of going into a fight blind and not managing mana, side notes is i dont use any mana cooldowns till p3 (because its so easy to stay around 100% mana) once you actually start having to spam holy light (generally p3) is when i burn mana shit
    Venara violated my pretty signature. :'(