Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Retri tips for Putricide

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    Hopefully you are using some kind of boss mod. I prefer DXE. Being able to see the Choking Gas timers will save your ass, your Veng stack, your libram stack, and your raid spot.
    I'm using DXE, i don't know if I have it set up wrongly but it's not alerting me of the choking gas timers.

Quote Originally Posted by crabmousse
    I'm using DXE, i don't know if I have it set up wrongly but it's not alerting me of the choking gas timers.
    Well unless I run 10man this week, I won't be able to SS my Choking Gas timer bars for you. The only thing I can try to offer you is my DXE configuration layout. You hopefully can see the anchor points that I use and be able to read the different anchor names. If you are having problems reading them, ctrl-+ is your best friend.

or a direct link.
    http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f4...510_233347.jpg

EDIT: Make sure you update your addons regularly. If you are running a DXE version released during ToC content, you can't say a word when it doesn't know what to do when you are about to eat a 75% miss debuff. I update mine every day with the Curse Client.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

We allow our ret to stay on boss full time. Imo its the best idea.

15+ Year Old Account

Retribution FCFS helper (clcret) is what you want to get it's going to combine the use of 4-5 addons into 1 simple to use Ret based addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

You don't need to stay on the boss to pull 9.5k on Putricide.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedeep
    True you just need proper gear and a high DPS Raid.
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Keep 5 SoV stacks on Putricide all the time. Even when you run after the green/red slime to kill it.. take 2 sec to do at least one melee swing on Putri just to keep your 5 stacks up all the time and your dps will stay very high. Your MT is suppaused to kite Putricide near slimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Requital
    Retribution FCFS helper (clcret) is what you want to get it's going to combine the use of 4-5 addons into 1 simple to use Ret based addon.
    yeah using CLCRet already with Vengeance stacks enabled already.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedeep
    since I'm capped at about 8k dps with my gear according to spreadsheets and rawr that may be quite difficult for me O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Cornilius
    Keep 5 SoV stacks on Putricide all the time. Even when you run after the green/red slime to kill it.. take 2 sec to do at least one melee swing on Putri just to keep your 5 stacks up all the time and your dps will stay very high. Your MT is suppaused to kite Putricide near slimes.
    we're using the strat where Putri is tanked up against the wall at the opposite side of the room from the Volatile Experiment spawn point to make sure we don't take the green slime splash damage and so unless I am slacking and not switching sometimes it's not possible to get to the slime and back to boss within 15 seconds. it's a 4-5 second run to the slimes each time.

15+ Year Old Account

yeah using CLCRet already with Vengeance stacks enabled already.
    since I'm capped at about 8k dps with my gear according to spreadsheets and rawr that may be quite difficult for me O_o
    we're using the strat where Putri is tanked up against the wall at the opposite side of the room from the Volatile Experiment spawn point to make sure we don't take the green slime splash damage and so unless I am slacking and not switching sometimes it's not possible to get to the slime and back to boss within 15 seconds. it's a 4-5 second run to the slimes each time.
    Tanking next to green slime spawn is better because it distributes the damage evenly over more people plus you can start attacking it as it spawns instead of waiting for it to target and move.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...aladin/?page=2

I'd say 7k is pretty respectable for a ret pally in this fight...only the top 58 recorded rets have broken 7k.

Stop making it sound like you're a faceroll away from 8k people. And please note that I said "recorded" rets...I know that w-o-logs isn't the entire player base, but it's a good way to measure.
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonen
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...aladin/?page=2

I'd say 7k is pretty respectable for a ret pally in this fight...only the top 58 recorded rets have broken 7k.

Stop making it sound like you're a faceroll away from 8k people. -_-
    Those are from 10 Man raiding so 8K would be harder to get in a 10 man raid, Try the 25 man DPS out instead.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...aladin/?page=1

Top is nearly 10K now it all depends on how the fight is handled by your raid as to what DPS you will get.

Quote Originally Posted by Requital
    Those are from 10 Man raiding so 8K would be harder to get in a 10 man raid, Try the 25 man DPS out instead.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...aladin/?page=1

Top is nearly 10K now it all depends on how the fight is handled by your raid as to what DPS you will get.
    giggity... that's on me.

Maybe I should've actually read that the OP stated "25 man raid." -_-

I can see his issue better now... and in response, yes, it all depends on how the fight is handled and what you're raid's expectations are for you on a given attempt.
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

I was doing 9k DPS in early T9. I really doubt you're capped at 8k DPS if you're raiding 25 man ICC.

http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...ar&cn=Milkytea

rawr has me now at 8721 max DPS 25-man buffed but that was after picking up 3 or 4 drops in ICC10 last night and getting 2piece setbonus. I only have one piece of loot from ICC25 and the 264 crafted boots, and my T9 is 232 triumph stuff. if you think I should be doing more single target damage then please let me know how and why because I've read all I can read on EJ and here and punched that rotation into CLCRet, and I'm doing it correctly, making sure I have cooldown on gloves/wings/hastepot during Bloodlust etc.

Jesus. Alright, I believe you. I never would have guessed that players in ilvl 200/226/232 would be raiding ICC 25, but you've proven me wrong.