Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Intervening back to Platform after Valkyr drops you off edge in LK Fight?

For Lich King 25:

I didn't get a chance to try this as my Valkyr was always killed before I was dropped. But I am wondering if anyone knows it is possible? If so we could ignore dps on the Valkyr carrying me and I could just intervene back to someone on the platform as soon as I am let off the edge.
    skott#1374 - add me to expand your b.net friends list of reliable players for raiding/arena.

Video if myself raid healing, raid dps, and raid tanking:

http://goo.gl/wNZeS5

Re: Intervening back to Platform after Valkyr drops you off edge in LK Fight?

ive tried blink more than once... never worked

Indeed. Mages and Warriors have to be pretty pro though and even then, latency (or a lack of Intervene target) can screw you. Really these two should only use it as a last resort if your Valk isn't DPSed down in time. Locks, on the other hand, can be safely ignored.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

I guess if those works...Hunter's Disengage should work also

when should I push my blink button then? Right after I am dropped or when I am a little below the platform? Cant really just go there and try, can I^^

The mage in my guild, who I've seen do this twice, spams Slowfall once the Valk is about to let him go and then Blinks right after. I believe he's two for three using this tatic.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

alright, thanks... probably will get to try it tonight

You should probably put more effort into thinking of ways to kill the Val'kys before they drop you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14
    You should probably put more effort into thinking of ways to kill the Val'kys before they drop you.
    Hey if you can be sure your not going to die you can stay on LK and thats alot of free dps

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14
    I'm sorry, but how was this post helpful? It's just a pretty way of saying L2PLAY NUB LOLOLOL. Anything that makes a facet of the encounter easier for a persons group is a viable idea, short of exploits. If by asking this question, he is able to apply whatever he has learned to a successful boss kill, then the forums and his question have served their purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalwraith
    I'm sorry, but how was this post helpful? It's just a pretty way of saying L2PLAY NUB LOLOLOL. Anything that makes a facet of the encounter easier for a persons group is a viable idea, short of exploits. If by asking this question, he is able to apply whatever he has learned to a successful boss kill, then the forums and his question have served their purpose.
    His post was really helpful actually. I hate when people phrase these kind of questions too. If you're going off the edge with a Valkyr then really, you're doing something wrong that intervene doesn't fix :P

Yeah, if you HAPPEN to have a portal in the randomly chosen direction the valkyr takes at the very edge of the map and die somewhere in the air next to it you can portal back if you catch it within 1 second of falling. lol.

He's right though. You really should be deducing how to kill them faster instead of making up dumb ways to try to fudge it.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Val'kyrs do not take random paths to the edge.
    Vindicatum - US-Icecrown 14/14H - 3 days per week - Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor
    http://vindicatum.com/

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Jurik
    idd, they make a run for the nearest edge

Quote Originally Posted by Jurik
    They come in a set direction every time then?

(This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by krasgoth
    No, but they leave in a set direction. That being the nearest edge.

So, if you're a Lock, you just have to make sure that your portal is (more or less) between you and the nearest edge.

While the Mage and War versions of this trick are rather unreliable, the Lock version is dependable. This means that you can always safely neglect Valks that pick up Locks. It's a nice trick and is rather useful.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

You know whats funny? many people didn't understand exactly why ensidia got banned. This is why. they didn't have to DPS down Valkyr, this making phase 2 a joke.
    It's okay, I'm just more evolved than the rest of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugadin
    You know whats funny? many people didn't understand exactly why ensidia got banned. This is why. they didn't have to DPS down Valkyr, this making phase 2 a joke.
    You know whats funny? People who are wrong.

Ensidia WAS killing the valks fine but while killing them a saronite bomb rebult the platform (aka the valks drop the people on the edge).

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    You know whats funny? People who are wrong.

Ensidia WAS killing the valks fine but while killing them a saronite bomb rebult the platform (aka the valks drop the people on the edge).
    Ensidia WAS killing the valks fine, but then once they realized that because of some bug they were unaware of they could ignore the valks, they then ignored them. The fact that they continued attempts even with the rebuilt platform then proceeded to not kill the valks is the most likely cause for a ban. Though the exact reason is only speculation since nobody knows.
    They pick you up where you are standing (roughly) so they can come from wherever you want them to come from and head to a ledge that you want them to head towards. Warlocks can always teleport back, the only question is if there is a defile where their teleport is.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus2189
    Hey if you can be sure your not going to die you can stay on LK and thats alot of free dps
    The only class who you can definitely leave alone is warlocks.

Valkyries will head towards the nearest edge from where they pick you up, so the raid should be standing as close to the middle as possible (to give yourself as much time as possible to dps them) but just off-centre, so they all head in the same direction.

The thing about the Warlock one as well is that you can leave them closer to the platform and then they don't have to worry about moving for Defile and noone has to lose dps time on LK to DPS the valkyr since the lock can just teleport up to the platform. Therefore the Warlock summons his portal near the edge then stands a bit in front of his portal, but away from the rest of the raid. The only time he'll ever have to move in p2 is if Defile's on him = dps increase.

EDIT - forgot to add that the Intervene trick CAN work if the person is quick enough, if there was a similar thing to it that wasn't on the LK fight we'd have our warriors practising so we could forget about them too, as it is we'd rather kill him quicker and save on repairs