Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Lich King 25 Heroic intentionally made to hard?

Quote Originally Posted by FreeTheRock
    I bet you never did Nefarion back in vanilla. Now that was hard, all the class calls and what not.
    Relevant how? Discussion you quoted was referring to relative difficulty between M'uru and Firefighter, and how Ensidia commented Firefighter was the hardest boss they had done up to that point. I somehow doubt that Nefarian would be even in top10 list of hard bosses.

I remember when it ment something to down a boss and the fact that it took months and months and months for your server to have a lot of guilds with Nefarion on farm.
    Hard part about level 60 Nefarian was the cloaks, farming Onyxia for half year was holding guilds back, not the difficulty of the encounter itself.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

I think they just made it so you actually have to have the gear from the instance to do it and can't just swoop in with gear from the last levels and do it.

I bet you never did Nefarion back in vanilla. Now that was hard, all the class calls and what not.
    You're clueless. Nefarion doesn't come even close to difficulty of many TBC and WOTLK bosses.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

Actually its possible, the encounter was bugged and not fixed until this week which is why he was downed basically on the first day the bug was fixed. It was kind of like C'thun, assumed to be insanely impossible hard, but was bugged so you couldnt actually complete the encounter.

LK heroic mode gonna be pretty easy now and killed soon
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nathrezim&cn=Ultmage
    Armory

People dont realize that WoW and the Raiding community if I may call it that way have come a LONG way since vanilla - its not like you are just buying the game and going through stuff for the first time. Yes, nefarian kills were epic, so was ragnaros, hell even clearing UBRS felt good at some point. Please do not compare nefarian, cthun, tbc and wotlk bosses - they have NOTHING in common. I am 100% sure that there is stuff you know now that you were not aware of before.

Blizzard did a fine job with not only ending bosses like Yogg/Anub/Arthas, but also fights like Firefighter. What I personally dislike, like someone already mentioned, the difficulty of the rest of TGC25 for example, but hey - you cant always get your hands on ALL the good stuff.

About the ICC raid buff and top guilds - people spending hours on forums whining how X guild killed Y boss with/w/o Z buff or starting endless discussions how someone is using the buff or not should really ask themselves what exactly are you doing besides post count?

As a guild raiding on the daily basis and working on ICC hard modes we dont use the buff. Why? Because we want to clear it without it, because we know we can. We also realize that bragging on forums or in trade doesnt make your "e-peen" grow bigger so we dont do that. I usually ignore people asking how we do ICC since I simply dont give a crap about ignorant people. How life altering is it for you the fact that we dont use a buff? Please, if its vital for your mental or physical survival let me know.

Sorry, didnt ment to be a wall of text but these topics are getting out of hand.

ps. C'thun prenerf - best boss ever, who cares if it wasnt beatable or bugged, it was FUN!

I like the part where all but one poster here hasn't even pulled LK on Heroic.

Stop talking about fights you know nothing about. LK-H is hard. Doable without the buff? Possibly, but like someone earlier pointed out, think Yogg-0.

15+ Year Old Account

ive heard rumors that blizzard has said that they plan to have cata out before next blizzcon.

From people that have actually attempted the fight.. what's your best %? Phase?
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

I'd rather ask if ICC in general was intentionally made too easy...

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewarrows
    I like the part where all but one poster here hasn't even pulled LK on Heroic.

Stop talking about fights you know nothing about. LK-H is hard. Doable without the buff? Possibly, but like someone earlier pointed out, think Yogg-0.
    Like i said LKH is very doable without the buff if you read, he was bugged making him much much harder, if not impossible with the bug like C'thun was. Without the bug he would have been downed on day 1 of him being possible to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by adeadguy
    When they announced a ways back that they would be adding a zone-wide buff to ICC eventually I assumed it was part of the "let more players see more content"(which I am totally cool with) and that it wouldn't be on until some guilds had managed to kill Arthas on heroic. But the fact that they have added it already, albeit not the full buff, makes me think they never intended him to be killed without the buff.

According to Paragon and Ensidia he had a bug that made the encounter a bit harder, the bug was fixed (after 2 weeks of reports) at the same time the % buff was added. Apperantly Paragon had made a tactic to overcome that bug so i guess (speculation alert) Paragon would have killed him allot sooner if the limited attempts did not slow them down.

Quote Originally Posted by coolaide2
    Comments like this are retarded,
    If there's no penalty for using it and no reward for not using why wouldn't you use it your competition for server/world rankings will use it so falling behind for the sake of saying "we did it without the buff" which there isn't even an achievement for so there's no proof that you've done it would be retarded. sure maybe some people after killing it for the 10th time with the buff will do it without the buff but its not like they get anything from this so it is not a priority for any hard mode raiding guilds.
    Hardcore guilds don't care about the achievements, they care about beating the guy for fun. They couldn't care less whether they killed the LK 25H without buff and be recognized because of it, they just want a big challenge to have fun.

Sorry for my English, it is my second language.
    The rats they can never hear; the rats, the rats in the walls. H.P Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Dald
    From people that have actually attempted the fight.. what's your best %? Phase?
    No one will tell you. It's a competition thing.

It'll be same as Yogg+0 was

Quote Originally Posted by deathwillcometoyourdk
    You are a retard and as. Gevlon would call you a social! Hardcore guilds don't care about the achievements, they care about beating the guy for fun. They couldn't care less whether they killed the LK 25H with buff or without buff, they just want to see the guy down.
    If you seriously base your success in WoW with achievements and brag about them your life must be shit! and you probably have low self esteem too. BTW the guy you quoted is a genius

Sorry for my English, it is my second language.
    If this is how you convey your thoughts to people, on a regular basis, your life must be void of human contact and also be shit. Sorry English is my first language, but if you want me to say you must be an asshole in real life in another language, feel free to pick: Spanish, Italian, French or German.

And for the record, I think at the end of the day some of the most hardcore guilds are going to use killing the LK Heroic without the buff as a bragging right to say that they are better than some other guilds. Why wouldn't they use what is going to be the most difficult version of the encounter as the basis of deciding whom is the best. If you think they won't you my friend must have a far greater lack of intelligence than the person you verbally attacked.
    To answer the 40 new threads a day on this topic:

Pre 401 haste: Haste.
    Pre 42% crit: Crit (fully buffed, in combat)
    Post these caps: Haste = crit
    Tier 10 and with the above: Slight favor to haste, but generally close to each other.
    (Thanks Qieth)

Quote Originally Posted by Leftineus
    Why do so many of you fail to see that original WoW, each expansion (BC was delayed at
    the last moment) were released in November for a very good reason. Christmas season
    sales. Cata is going to be no different. They will do what ever they need to do to stretch
    it to november. We don't even have a beta yet. November. I'd bet money on it.
    Actually a Blizzard employee(forget what) said that by next Blizzcon, "We would hate Goblin Rogues."(something along those lines) So that means they are trying to get Cataclysm out before the next Blizzcon. And besides as someone stated earlier, WoW isn't a single player game people will buy the expansion whenever they can, for a lot of people that's the midnight release.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwingdot
    If this is how you convey your thoughts to people, on a regular basis, your life must be void of human contact and also be shit. Sorry English is my first language, but if you want me to say you must be an asshole in real life in another language, feel free to pick: Spanish, Italian, French or German.

And for the record, I think at the end of the day some of the most hardcore guilds are going to use killing the LK Heroic without the buff as a bragging right to say that they are better than some other guilds. Why wouldn't they use what is going to be the most difficult version of the encounter as the basis of deciding whom is the best. If you think they won't you my friend must have a far greater lack of intelligence than the person you verbally attacked.
    You are right and I apologize I shouldn't have insulted the guy. I nerdraged :P
    The rats they can never hear; the rats, the rats in the walls. H.P Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Ulrac
    Precisely, it has always confused me the people projecting christmas releases when Blizzard acknowledged their mistake in TBC releasing black temple too soon and had to add the sunwell as filler till Wrath.

I doubt they are about to do the same with Icecrown. Sure the ruby sanctum is coming but thats a minor raid instance like Onyxia which came between 2 major patches, this case being 3.3 and 4.0.
    I'm still convinced Sunwell is to well designed to just be a "filler". It was intended imo. ToC seems like something they would add as a filler. 2 rooms, 5 bosses and 0 trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Narfwak
    mathematically impossible
    Thankyou. People going "buff is not needed lul" are retarded, the buffs is very much needed, specially at this point in time. Even with every member in full 277 bis gear arthas heroic is virtually impossible without the buff, as people have said arthas heroic is a thing on it's own and seperate from the rest of ICC heroic (yogg+0).

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Destram
    Thankyou. People going "buff is not needed lul" are retarded, the buffs is very much needed, specially at this point in time. Even with every member in full 277 bis gear arthas heroic is virtually impossible without the buff, as people have said arthas heroic is a thing on it's own and seperate from the rest of ICC heroic (yogg+0).
    I'm pretty sure he was saying "mathematically impossible" to make fun of what Ensidia said about Yogg+0.