Chart of Cost to Power Level Every Profession using your servers prices

I have found a way to quickly scan your entire auction house and export the information into a spreadsheet.

This information is a current snapshot of all prices on your auction house.

Using this data we can make a spreadsheet, when combined with a list of all the materials required to powerlevel a profession we can then insert our servers costs per unit and come to a total cost to level that profession from 1-450.

I made a spreadsheet of how much it'd cost to power level every profession and you can see them here and what else we are looking to do with this project.

http://www.wowconfidential.com/2010/...g-professions/

We will be working on a way to release this addon to the public so that you can export auctioneer or just auction house data to your own spreadsheet for whatever you want. Also we are developing a spreadsheet that you can dump your own server data into that will tell you the highest profit items you can craft with every profession, which items are lacking in supply that you can craft for the highest profit.

How much it costs on my server to power level every profession:

Jewelcrafting - 5,776g
    Inscription - 4,671g
    Enchanting - 7,692g
    Alchemy - 2,563g
    Blacksmithing - 4,609g
    Engineering - 3,487g
    Tailoring - 3,975g
    Leatherworking - 7,128g
    Current Gold Total - 297,624g (April 19, 2010)
    Daily WoW Gold Making Articles On My Blog - www.WoWConfidential.com

Re: Chart of Cost to Power Level Every Profession using your servers prices

Ooh cool, nice one

Interesting concept, particularly so now that I am looking at levelling alts.
    Personally I am not keen on the buying my way through the leveling of a profession, but it is certainly an option and once I have a more realistic idea of costs then my decision could change.
    Be nice to see how that comes out, particularly when it comes to the identifying of niche markets, since I already have an addon to calculate the crafting costs/selling costs, but having its own issues so an integrated solution with yours does sound promising.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

you don't need 15xPrimal Might for leveling enchanting

Your server's JC is whacked, I got mine to max with 3100g or less. I feel sorry for your server lol.

inscription >2000g? using 80lvl herbs milling it will be 1200g, buying inks will be less than 3k. it doesnt look right unless you are not flexible and get specific mats each point no matter the cost.

10+ Year Old Account

I could never bring myself to power level a profession. Mostly because I'm poor...those numbers made me cry knowing some people do it almost weekly (some guy in my guild does it pretty regularly depending on whether he is healing or DPS - he's that anal about theorycrafting). >.>

Regardless, the other little things you're working on are exciting and I'm looking forward to them.

'What other people think of me is none of my business" - RuPaul

I suppose you could actually use this at different time to boost gold making with specific profs.

example looks like farming leather would turn a nice profit for the op