The sad State of pvp & BGS - How can we fix it?

It makes me wince when I log into a battleground now.

Doing the daily Isle (which also happens to be the Weekend this week on Moon Guard) I logged into the bg, started setting up healthstones, etc etc. This hunter jibes out that "WE WILL WIN IF WE DO THIS THIS THIS AFKERS GET OFF YOUR ASS", a long diatribe in only caps that's really insulting and meaningless. I check him out, he's wearing 2 strength/defense weapons (Red sword of courage and Peacekeeper blade) with +50 AP on them, and using a Nesingwary gemmed for spellpower.

I point these out as a light poke, as really, someone who has no idea what to wear as gear probably shouldn't be telling others what to do. Immediately, he starts choking out in broken engrish that "I'LL SEE WHOSE BEST AT THE END ON THE METERS" to which I just kind of laughed, knowing no matter what I do, if I played with my eyes closed and destroyed all my gear beforehand, I would still beat him. Then, other players started saying that I was whining! Continuing to play, I launched myself up into the alliance keep and started bombing the door/killing alliance. This hunter is just shouting instructions all game, "GET TEH HANGAR" "U FUKS STOP FIGHTIN IN MID". Meanwhile, he's one of the mindless 30/40 players fighting in random spots all game, foregoing all use of logic and objectives. He's died 4 times by this point to god knows what.

By the time the alliance breaks into the horde keep (Maybe 15 minutes in) everyone in the bg starts going "wtf how r alliance winning" and I make a quick snipe on the hunter, saying how I wonder how his leadership isn't bringing us victory Immediately like 7 players go "OMG KRAS WHY U KEEP WHINING U SHOULD DO THINGZ INSTED OF WHINING" . I point out that, unlike anyone else in the game, I've hit the door with 11 saronite bombs, and if anyone else had bothered to do it, we would be in instead of the alliance, and we would be winning right now. Also, while actually fulfilling the objectives we need to win, i'm 11-0 with the most damage by far.

They continue to whine until the alliance breaks in and we lose. Go horde!

Now, this is on Emberstorm, possibly the worst battlegroup this side of germany and blutdurst, but I'm sure it's like this in other bgs too. Mindless monkies wanting to spam their inane shit everywhere without a thought of how to actually complete and win the battleground. God forbid we point out when someone is being a condescending loud jerkwad, let's turn every chat into a bitchfest and meander through our games.

Incentive based rewards, please.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Re: The sad State of pvp & BGS - How can we fix it?

well, whats destroying pvp are op healers.
    blizzard already stated that they are balanced for 5 vs 5. <- thats the big prop

and now all you healing lovers, start flame me. but you know its true.

edit:
    forgot to tell how to fix it:
    1. cooldown on heals, in the same way attacks have cooldowns.
    only one costy instant spell that heals just decent.
    2. change pve, so that healers can still heal their tank and grp.

if you want to cry now that this would kill healing in arena, no. you can take more then one healer or change to a damage spec.

Damage and healing aren't consistent with health, that's the problem

honestly the MOST annoying thing i hate doing PUG BG's are the ones who talk. someone trying to call out some coordination is fine. but people who constantly yell how much this guy, that guy, everyone else sux...criticizing someones gear, crying about not getting his daily done, holding conversations that amount to bg spam is the worst part of queing BG's imo.

like if you've done enough of them you've seen it all where its just another bg. but i swear you get people who are either so accustomed to rolling over pugs with premades, or raiding with only like-overgeared players they just bitch and moan about everything. the whole point of PUG bg's is both sides are randomly going to have good/bad geared, lesser/greater skilled, etc. and you're going to get the short end of the stick sometimes.

its just dumb how some people act like brats and pretend they should be winning/steamrolling everything they que into.

Quote Originally Posted by mordrac
    blizzard already stated that they are balanced for 5 vs 5. <- thats the big prop

and now all you healing lovers, start flame me. but you know its true.

edit:
    forgot to tell how to fix it:
    1. cooldown on heals, in the same way attacks have cooldowns.
    only one costy instant spell that heals just decent.
    2. change pve, so that healers can still heal their tank and grp.

if you want to cry now that this would kill healing in arena, no. you can take more then one healer or change to a damage spec.
    Ahahahaha... Dude, where have you been for the past year and a half?

Healers were vastly more powerful in BC (pvp-wise)

IIRC, they balance healers around 3v3.

How can we fix it?
    Bring back old school AV.
    Delete SotA, EotS, IoC.
    Delete flying mounts.
    Make things require more mats farming.
    Rep farming outside of instances.

fix'd

To be honest, when I made the topic I was more worried about the prevailing attitude in pvp. It's impossible to play a game correctly without some idiot sounding off, and 10 other idiots following his example. There's no incentive (besides honour) to pvp, no satisfaction, no real reason to play in the battlegrounds other than sheer idiocy. "To screw around" or "To lessen tension" but never to actually have fun in bgs, never the thrill of facing good opponents with competent teammates, winning that close 3-2 wsg game with seconds left to spare. There's no difference in the game whether you drive the game-winning demolisher through the relic chamber gates, or whether you're AFK on the beach, cooking a steak and pressing jump every couple of minutes.

AFK penalties are too minor. It takes an entire squad of people to report someone, even then, they have a leniancy time to not be inactive. In the 1% of the times it happens, the people are actually reported and booted, but the other times, they ruin games.

There needs to be a better reward system in place. You actually have to DO things to get honour, or you have to get tokens of some sort for actually performing the objectives set out in the battlegrounds.

(This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)