Urgently in need of a UI

Hey, im quite new to the tanking world but that shouldnt matter since i learn fast.

Anyway, im in need of a Tanking ui thats not 1900x1200 or 1900x770 or whatever those are, im on a 19'' compaq screen from the 80's lol. so if any of you could compile a very nice Tanking ui for 1280x1024 i would appreciate it alot!

Regards, Onbu(Koota)

Re: Urgently in need of a UI

Rock default. If you want a UI badly, I suggest TukUI

TukUI looks good, but does it have the necessary stuff and all? Is it updated to 3.3? Is it suitable for a tank?

Thanks for taking time to answer my questions, really appreciate it

Regards.

Edit: found a good one, but not for 1280x1024.. http://www.wowuigallery.com/topic/ar...-and-dpsing-ui

Edit 2: Not even downloadable

Quote Originally Posted by koota
    so if any of you could compile a very nice Tanking ui for 1280x1024 i would appreciate it alot!
    Jesus Christ, Koota, would you like us to hold your hand while you tank too? Don't be lazy and ask others to do your work for you. It doesn't take that much know how to use google, or any search engine. So, use this wonderful wealth of information you have called the internet, and do some research instead of asking others to do it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by koota
    Hey, im quite new to the tanking world but that shouldnt matter since i learn fast.

Anyway, im in need of a Tanking ui thats not 1900x1200 or 1900x770 or whatever those are, im on a 19'' compaq screen from the 80's lol. so if any of you could compile a very nice Tanking ui for 1280x1024 i would appreciate it alot!

Regards, Onbu(Koota)
    The best UI is the one that you personally make because it's customized by you and fits what you need. Start one addon at a time, and soon enough you'll have a UI you love. (If you've never made your own UI before, start with bartender if you're feeling ambitious.)

Please take the time to look at the answers you get instead of posting this same question in about 4 different sections of the forum.
    Since you have decided what you do and do not like, then go make it yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Koota, a tanks UI is something that they need to build themselves because no two people play the same way. If you want a suggestion of mods to use then that's a great place to start but we can't tell you "this is the UI you have to use" because it just doesn't work like that for tanks. One person might have a lot of keybinds while another might be a clicker so has most of his abilities bound to his mouse and in places to click quickly.

Some mods to start with would be Bartender, XPerl, Dominoes, PitBull and SexyMap. Just some really quick ways to get you started making your own UI for your play style. If you're dead set on a ready made UI, check out SpartanUI, it's not ideal but it's something workable.
    Blizzard, please nerf paper, scissors are fine.

Regards,
    Rock

The mods I use for tanking are:

Bartender - probably the most essential addon imo. Dominos and some other mods do the same thing, I like bartender.
    Skinner - It puts a black bar at the bottom of your screen to put chat/recount/omen/buttons into, and it widens your viewing area so you can see more around you.
    Chinchilla - A minimap addon, I use it only to move the minimap into that black bar for more viewable screen space.
    Pitbull and/or grid - I use both, but some people only need one or the other. Pitbull lets me see other tanks debuffs for the tank swap fights, and grid lets me keep an eye on everyones health, and if they have aggro on something. I prefer pitbull over xperl myself.

I have various other addons, but getting those would be a very good start. They can sometimes be a pain to set up, but once they are set up it works very well.

Oh! almost forgot. Tidy Plates: Threat Plates. Best name plate addon ever! Get it. Now.

Quote Originally Posted by Urumii
    The mods I use for tanking are:

Bartender - probably the most essential addon imo. Dominos and some other mods do the same thing, I like bartender.
    Skinner - It puts a black bar at the bottom of your screen to put chat/recount/omen/buttons into, and it widens your viewing area so you can see more around you.
    Chinchilla - A minimap addon, I use it only to move the minimap into that black bar for more viewable screen space.
    Pitbull and/or grid - I use both, but some people only need one or the other. Pitbull lets me see other tanks debuffs for the tank swap fights, and grid lets me keep an eye on everyones health, and if they have aggro on something. I prefer pitbull over xperl myself.

I have various other addons, but getting those would be a very good start. They can sometimes be a pain to set up, but once they are set up it works very well.

Oh! almost forgot. Tidy Plates: Threat Plates. Best name plate addon ever! Get it. Now.
    Great info right there, I wish I could rate you up! But seriously, check out curse, or run some google searches for popular Tank addon packs, or the most popular stand alones and see which fits you best and meets all of your needs. There is plenty of stuff out there.