Help with the blood princes ICC10

Hi, yesterday after we finished Rotface and Festergut my guild decided to go to the crimsomhall, we killed all the trash then we went to the first boss(es), the blood princes.

We are having huge issues with these guys, to be honest only with the guy that has to be tanked by a caster. I doubt that gear is an issue here cuz we all are above 5500gs (except the DK who has 5300gs).

This is the group:
    Prot pally (me); Enh Shaman;
    Arcane mage (Caster tank); Combat Rogue
    Frost DK; Elemental Shaman
    MMS Hunter; Disc Priest (Only for this fight, in other fights he's holy)
    Holy Pally Resto Druid

The issue is, when we start the boss the caster tank dies really fast, we even tried the disc priest healing me and the raid while the holy pally uses beacon of light on the dk and heals the mage. Sometimes the boss doesnt hit the mage and keep pwning the healers so it means a wipe and when it doesnt happen the mage dies really fast. We're gonna try them again next week and I asked him to make an arcane build with survavility talents and lots and lots of aggro. Could anyone help us with this problem and tell me what we are doing wrong and if it's possible give us some suggestions.

Ps: I'm leaving now and I'll be back much later and give more details (if needed).

Re: Help with the blood princes ICC10

If you're not already have the hunter MD the caster tank to your mage so he can pick up dark nucleus before has to dps the boss, this should help with him dying and your healers getting owned. Also when the caster blood prince is targeted you'll have to MD some more due to the fact arcane mages have so much threat reduc, hope this helps.

Forgot to mention, also when he's targeted have the rogue trix him

15+ Year Old Account

You have a holy paladin so have the caster tank be the beacon target, then have the resto druid be the casters main healer because they can move around while while healing a bit more effectively than the others.

Then just assign the other healers to the other tanks.
    We had this same issue our first try, then we beaconed me (warlock caster tank), and switched the druid to me rather than having our paladin on me the first time around, and now the fight is a complete joke as long as everyone else does their parts.

Mages are not the optimal caster tank here, really. Warlocks have a bit more to help mitigate the damage before they get enough orbs. Our guild tried it with a warlock tank for a bit. Then the next week we didn't have the lock tank. So our MT, who is a warrior, tanked Keleseth. We downed him that night, as well as getting the achieve. HOnestly, doing it with a ranged tank is all well and good. But it is amazingly easier if you have a real tank who is able to go around and grab orbs easily. I imagine a pally tank (you) would even have an easier time grabbing orbs as you have more ranged attacks than a warrior tank. I am a mage, and i was watching our Keleseth tanks health. It was like Keleseth was tapping him with a stick. Even while empowered. A good tank who can pick up orbs will take so little damage its almost funny to watch. So, if you, as a prot pally are up to it, I think you should try tanking Keleseth and have the other tank do Valanar and Taldaram. They are more than doable together. Just face them away from the raid, and move them out of swirlies and it should be good.

The only thing being you may not have that much threat on him when its time for him to be empowered. We had this issue i think twice before we just had DPS pay a little more attention. And also, the rogue would ToT whenever they could obviously. And our hunter would MD with Kill Shot to give some help on intitial threat for Keleseth before he becomes empowered. But again, that was with a warrior tank. I think you may have an easier time if you can get him to stand in consecrates and judge him as you are grabbing orbs.

If your dps can't handle orb duty, you could try sticking one of your tanks on it. We have our best geared tank pick up the shockwave and fire guys while the other one picks up the orbs and tanks the shadow bolt guy. There's no way to mitigate the damage other than the orbs, so the frost DK tank might be better at situational awareness than your ranged dps. The DK would also have a higher health pool to give your healers more room.

Also, arcane mages usually spec into a -40% threat talent, so good luck on him holding threat without massive misdirects.

Well if the mage is having trouble actually holding Keleseth to him can I just ask if he's actually building up threat on the boss at all? Healers shouldn't be over aggro'ing really, the orbs come about every few seconds just enough time for a regular tanks taunt so in the 6 or so seconds he's not having to pick one up then he should be dps'ing the boss even though his hp won't go down he'll keep constant threat, otherwise when you hit empowered all your dps are gonna be tanking him and getting 1 shotted.

Also is he taking all the orbs he can or just getting 3 on himself at a time, I suggest he gets all if he's not as it'll decrease the chance he loses one or two due to something silly like chain lightning or any aoe ability taking them off you, they don't work on threat just who hit them last as far as I know. But I do agree with posts above, I tried doing this as Moonkin but had a really hard time surviving I hadn't got any stam gear and was just running with my normal set, but then i switched to Feral and although grabbing the orbs proved hard it worked much better. A DK/Pally would be a great tank for this role as they got a couple ranged abilities to pull the orbs and the stam and gear to survive the empowered phases without much need of CDs

If you as the prot pally believe your gear is up to the task, tank BOTH of the melee princes, and have the DK tank the caster. We always have a DK tank the caster boss.

Best advice I can give you is use your 2 actual tanks. Have one of your tanks get the 2 melee ones and then the other the caster. It makes the fight a joke.

I pick up Keleseth in our 10 and 25 man (I am a warrior). Just build on him until you get about 150k threat and then go collect balls. He can never kill you. Just have the tank pop a cd when he empowers and its gg.

Agree with Noles and Herecius...

We were having a hard time using a caster tank... So we switched to a DK tank... :-)

Pally gets the 2 "melee" ones, and DK gets the "caster" one...

We've been having nothing but success since then...

15+ Year Old Account

There are a lot of solid options already given in regards to who should tank which.

One of the things my guild did on its first few kills was to have me pop Heroism shortly after starting the fight. By doing this, the ranged tank (warlocks, in our case) would have ample time to build up threat before anyone else could take aggro.

I just have to agree with the some of the previous posters.

We have warrior tank the other 2 princes and a DK tank the caster one.

We tried a few other versions but that one seems to be the one that works the best for us and is one I would recommend for you.

Just be ready for the tank handeling the 2 princes will take some heavy damage at times.

A mage really isn't a good tank for Keleseth. A range tank used to be good because he would melee if you were in melee range but he doesn't do that anymore. A warlock with even just the standard demo spec or a SP has a fair amount of spell damage reduction built in. A warlock can even build a tanking spec that has even more mitigation maxing out at a bit over 50%. A mage has little to none of this. You are probably better off trying to 2 tank it with your regular 2 tanks as the other posters have mentioned.