Thread: Ret PvP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: Ret PvP

play retri in arena if you want too

Quote Originally Posted by ScatteredBWL
    If you think an Hpal would be better than a disc or a Rsham on Ret / MM / Healer team then you're an idiot...no one runs 2 pallies in one 3s comp that's ridiculous it takes 1/3 of your utility out of the comp, with priest comes MD, fear, burst, mana burn etc, with shaman comes LUST, purge, tots(tremor and grounding specificly) and so on if you honestly thinking running anything as Ret / DPS / Hpal you're a complete idiot...

And ret/rogue still works...saying it doesn't because of resil changes is absurd, the resil changes might have hit rets fairly hard but when coupled with a rogue? RARELY will anything survive that burst especially if both sides are...you know...GOOD.

So yea this "Ret / Hunter / Rshaman or Disc : again a hpally would work better" you threw into your post is retarded....top ret 3s comp ATM is Ret / Hunter / Rshaman.....please if you think you know what you're talking about you don't...so yea ....Two pallies on a 3s team....that wants to be above 1900 rating lolrite.. the only thing double pally on a 3s team ever worked on was Viox's comp in s5 with double Hpal UH Dk....since then NO SIR pally lacks too much utility to be played with more than one on a 3s team....the end.
    That's my team

I don't think most people realise that in the arena, a ret pally is not just dps. Half the time your a utility bot, meaning your dispelling team mates or using your defense spells such as freedom, BoP or sac. The worst thing a ret can do in the arena is tunnel the enemy player, only go for the kill if you know it will happen. Ret is a support class, not a pure dps class. If you don't believe me, this is coming from a 2200+ ret. Use what your class has to offer, don't QQ about what it doesn't have.
    /rant over

armory : http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ghoof&cn=Danwe

Problem with some of these threads is difference in opponents. I speak coming from bg9, what some people say is the hardest bg to play in. My 2s partner just switched from cyclone as admits that bg9 is a huge difference from other bgs. Everything I said has been my experiences with comps that play against some of the best in the world. A comp is what is available to you, and your skills reflect on how you work with it.

PVP subforum, where 1500 rated players can voice there opinions
    -Ex ret paladin

10+ Year Old Account

Ret/Rogue/Rsham is a good comp too. I ran it for a while this season, but am planning to faction change tonight (I haven't logged in yet, and apparently i have unread mail so i can't do it now while i'm at work >_>)

I'll be running the same comp once i get settled in with my new racials (so about 15 min after i log on)

I use 2pc t10, am gonna use helm/shoulders once i get pvp legs. The reason i'm not using t10 gloves is because the pvp gloves have the 5% CS bonus on them, which i found was more useful than the minimal stat upgrade you get from using shoulders/gloves over shoulders/helm. also i dont show helm so at first glance most people wont know i'm sitting on 2 pieces of pve gear.

/queue OMGYOURFACTIONCHANGINGWTF posts
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    seal =/= judgement

Seal cant crit but judgement can, if you want to get an Art of war proc, fanatism is the way in high resi fight
    RV break CC (except repentance) and rely on crit to be applied, good in BG since most run with low resilience (100 resi and 14k are everywhere)
    I have been wondering for a while why my combat text had been reading the SoR judgements as crits occasionally. I thought it might be a bug. Thank you for clearing this up!

Quote Originally Posted by Serryn
    Ret/Rogue/Rsham is a good comp too. I ran it for a while this season, but am planning to faction change tonight (I haven't logged in yet, and apparently i have unread mail so i can't do it now while i'm at work >_>)

I'll be running the same comp once i get settled in with my new racials (so about 15 min after i log on)

I use 2pc t10, am gonna use helm/shoulders once i get pvp legs. The reason i'm not using t10 gloves is because the pvp gloves have the 5% CS bonus on them, which i found was more useful than the minimal stat upgrade you get from using shoulders/gloves over shoulders/helm. also i dont show helm so at first glance most people wont know i'm sitting on 2 pieces of pve gear.

/queue OMGYOURFACTIONCHANGINGWTF posts
    going to human or blood elf? Both are very handy racials for pvp.

-Ex ret paladin

Whoever said run 2pc t10 probably hasn't run at 2k+. In higher brackets, rets are generally primary target unless you can line CC up to get a quick gib and end the match. But, you want either 5/5 or 4/5 (WG shoulders are nice because of the hit), you also want the Ashen Verdict exalted ring (I use the agi. one, just me).

One of the biggest things is your trinket choice. If you can get a hold of either DC or WFS, either of those would be ideal.

Additionaly, you want 3/3 Fanatacism, it adds 18% Judgement crit. AND you want 3/3 RV for more damage and to help against rogues/ferals.

This is the spec I run (I have 3/3 RF but I plan on changing it) with glyphs, though Glyph of Salvation is viable assuming you have a priest who isn't bad at shackles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin
    I have been wondering for a while why my combat text had been reading the SoR judgements as crits occasionally. I thought it might be a bug. Thank you for clearing this up!
    Judgement of Righteousness can crit... the seal proc cannot crit tho.

The spec I use (check my sig for my armory) is the best i found so far playing with a hunter... i took imp might cuz we both use might.

Salv Glyph > Turn Evil in my opinion with any partners... 20% damage reduction mixed with a battlemaster trinket, i dont think i could survive without them :x

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by iflame
    going to human or blood elf? Both are very handy racials for pvp.
    blood elf.

In case the link to armory isnt showing my PvP gear Im at 940 resil
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elamahpla
    Whoever said run 2pc t10 probably hasn't run at 2k+. In higher brackets, rets are generally primary target

I said run 2 piece t10, im a multi glad ret who's been 2700+ but you're right, I haven't been above 2k, rets do get focused as I said in the orginal post, but if you're good and know what you're doing, running the gear set up I posted above is MORE than efficent to get glad, skill/comp falls into your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Sorrow
    problem is that 2t10 is bugged and sometimes blocks our gcd effectively rendering us hepless and useless.
    this

-Ex ret paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Sorrow
    problem is that 2t10 is bugged and sometimes blocks our gcd effectively rendering us hepless and useless.
    Yep, incredibly annoying. But with the words of AVGN: After some time you'll start to work your way around it, as if your brain is somehow adjusting to it's crap factor.
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

Quote Originally Posted by Marhia
    Judgement of Righteousness can crit... the seal proc cannot crit tho.

The spec I use (check my sig for my armory) is the best i found so far playing with a hunter... i took imp might cuz we both use might.

Salv Glyph > Turn Evil in my opinion with any partners... 20% damage reduction mixed with a battlemaster trinket, i dont think i could survive without them :x
    After reading the responses last night I went through the talent builder and came with exactly your build. My only debate is going 3/3 RV rather than 1/3 RV and forgoing the 2/2 Imp Might. I only say this because I do twos with my brother, a Mage, and 3s with an Arms Warrior and Restoration Druid.

In the latter situation I buff everyone with kings, and we use Battle Shout. In 2s I do buff myself with might, but with all the purge teams I feel like there are on our battle group in 2s, I feel like the RV damage might be better. There are just many times I can't spare the mana or time to continuously rebuff myself with might and I almost feel like it is a waste of 2 points in that regard. I don't know. What do you think?

10+ Year Old Account

Makes sense, that's what i did when i ran 3's with a warrior... the only "problem" is when you go to bg you need to rely on there being a warrior to BS or another paladin with imp might to toss it up... but bg's arent too important (until rated gets released ofc) so it shouldnt matter too much. i'd say go for it, it probably wont make a huge differance though.