No Hero/Lust issue with 10m ICC HM Saurfang!Need tips

So anyone out there 2 healed it with any comp without a shaman hero/lust? If so how much dps was the raid pushing out.

The reason why I ask this is because we've ran Resto Druid/Hpal combo and got the boss to around 20-30% with only second mark beginning to pop up, the issue we have is once that second mark up we have issues healing once boss is <30% due to the Mark of the Fallen Champion ticking alot faster + the Blood Boil dmg going out as well. We also tried swapping the Druid for Disc priest but it was basically worse from what I heard. Our main issue really is healing the Mark when boss is <30% and dealing with the tank heals and blood boil dmg and to us it just seems that we need to have hero/lust for that 30% haste which would make the encounter so much easier espically handling the faster tick/bloodboil dmg for <30%......

Just wanted to see if there was anyone else that managed to 2 heal without lust and what comp they had and how much dps they did overall on that fight. Figure out some way as to what we're doing wrong if it is possible to do it without lust or see if its impossible to do it without lust unless everyone is pushing 9k+ and 2 healing it (in which I'd like to see a log of some sort proving this)

Our comp was basically:

HPal
    RDruid <--> Disc Priest (Swapped)
    DK-Blood
    Rogue
    Warrior-Prot
    DK-Frost
    2x Hunter
    Lock
    Feral Druid
    ^
    As you can see we have no replenishment which obviously made it harder for us and no hero which made <30% on Saurfang very healing intensive and wipes was mainly due to our fault. Overall dps was around 7-9k rough estimate and we always had the second mark up @ around 30-35%.

Re: No Hero/Lust issue with 10m ICC HM Saurfang!Need tips

Well, with no replenishment and lust it might be a problem really to 2-heal it. Also at around ~20ish% you should throw BoPs on marked people, it really helps a bit, also with hunters being marked doing deterance. Well this is kinda obvious and my guess is you already do it, but still. And as above poster said, if you arent close to enrage try getting a 3rd healer, or just a shaman for lust. ;p

Have one or both of the hunters spec survival. Marksman is only a marginal dps increase.
    BoP the ones that get blood boil.
    When second mark comes out holypala change to devotion aura pops Aura Mastery puts beacon on 1 mark spam heals the other. Druid have to take care of tanks.
    There is also an alternative, Lock soulstone's Hpala. When the second mark spawns Pala divine interventions one mark takes soulstone gets innervate from feral druid and then keeps on healing mark + tanks.

Don't think we've ever talked about having any enrage issues when it comes to 3 healing it.

We did have a couple of 3 heal attempts but wasn't great we had 4 marks up at around 40% or so..and dps just kept saying it was better to lose the 1 healer and bring in that extra dps since our attempts was always better that way it was just that damned <30% that always killed us... Idk maybe doing 3 heals would be a better idea but I'm just worried losing that other 7-9k dps is worth it due to increased marks instead of usual 1-2 we'd end up with 3-4 and possibly 5 ( think we had like 3 attempts with 3 heals and we always had 3 marks up before 40%)

Don't even try to 3-heal it.

There's an aspect of dps race to the Saurfang fight, you've got to kill him before he gains so much blood power that you can't deal with him any more.

We always 2-heal it, and while I'm usually there on my shaman, the Bloodlust isn't usually a requirement. We work on the principle that we Bloodlust when someone gets marked, so we can finish off Saurfang and/or the healers are better able to keep people up. We often kill him without needing to Bloodlust because with enough dps he dies before marking somone.

You're going to have to make one of your Hunters switch to Survival spec. Replenishment is really important. Blizzard have said the even 10-man encounters are tuned assuming you've got it.

So far as I know, Saurfang gains blood power (and thus gets closer to Marking someone) by hitting stuff. Get your tanks to try using a bit more avoidance gear, the more swings they dodge or parry the less blood power Saurfang gets, the longer it takes for him to Mark someone. Make sure your tanks are taunting quickly when they get Rune of Blood, or they're just going to heal Saurfang.

Having said that, I have to think your dps is worryingly low if you're getting 3-4 Marks during the encounter. Figure out the minimum of ranged DPS that can deal with the Beasts, and everyone else just stays on Saurfang. Your ranged team have to be good at kiting the beasts, it's important they don't take too much damage (since beast damage also gives Saurfang Blood Power).

DBM (I think) shows Saurfang's Blood Power alongside his health bar when you're fighting him. The Blood Power is going up from 0 to 100 (at which point he Marks someone and resets to 0), and his health is going down from 100 to 0(%). The situation you're looking for is for his health to be dropping at a faster rate than his Blood Power is rising. If his Power is at 60, his health should be at 40% or less, if you get me. If you can manage that, through good tanking, good kiting and good dps, he's really not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrethel
    Don't even try to 3-heal it.

There's an aspect of dps race to the Saurfang fight, you've got to kill him before he gains so much blood power that you can't deal with him any more.

We always 2-heal it, and while I'm usually there on my shaman, the Bloodlust isn't usually a requirement. We work on the principle that we Bloodlust when someone gets marked, so we can finish off Saurfang and/or the healers are better able to keep people up. We often kill him without needing to Bloodlust because with enough dps he dies before marking somone.

You're going to have to make one of your Hunters switch to Survival spec. Replenishment is really important. Blizzard have said the even 10-man encounters are tuned assuming you've got it.

So far as I know, Saurfang gains blood power (and thus gets closer to Marking someone) by hitting stuff. Get your tanks to try using a bit more avoidance gear, the more swings they dodge or parry the less blood power Saurfang gets, the longer it takes for him to Mark someone. Make sure your tanks are taunting quickly when they get Rune of Blood, or they're just going to heal Saurfang.

Having said that, I have to think your dps is worryingly low if you're getting 3-4 Marks during the encounter. Figure out the minimum of ranged DPS that can deal with the Beasts, and everyone else just stays on Saurfang. Your ranged team have to be good at kiting the beasts, it's important they don't take too much damage (since beast damage also gives Saurfang Blood Power).

DBM (I think) shows Saurfang's Blood Power alongside his health bar when you're fighting him. The Blood Power is going up from 0 to 100 (at which point he Marks someone and resets to 0), and his health is going down from 100 to 0(%). The situation you're looking for is for his health to be dropping at a faster rate than his Blood Power is rising. If his Power is at 60, his health should be at 40% or less, if you get me. If you can manage that, through good tanking, good kiting and good dps, he's really not that hard.
    The OP is talking about hardmode