Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Phylactery of the Nameless Lich

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie
    Sadly, you obviously haven't realized that soft refreshing SW:P now resets your spellpower value. However, it doesn't reset your crit value nor does it reset any external damage buffs such as sparks on Malygos. So no, SW:P will not tick for more spellpower during the entire fight.
    Well that's unfortunate.
    Once a Hole, always a Hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian
    But i can cast my fire elemental when it procs+wild magic pot (when bl). It went up from 1400-1500 dps to 1900 dps. 450 dps.

And no i don't know exactly how corruption and sw work. But this is about uptime not about class mechanics. You can roll corruption and sw with high spellpower with other trinkets/procs too.
    Well then I guess the crit is the game breaker.

Edit: I'm not trying to bash you or anything. I just think there should be a hierarchy to priority for this trinket as it procs off of dots and well you and I have fewer dots. It's BiS for anybody with dots.

15+ Year Old Account

I don't understand why people whine if it's BiS for all periodic damage dealing classes, that certain classes should have priority on it... On my server a Moonkin Druid has the heroic version, so what?

This trinket is BiS for Fire. Fire has more than enough periodic damage; Ignite, Living Bomb and the Pyroblast DoT.

As for Fire being behind on Arcane, that's not true. If you get to a certain balance between your crit and haste, such as I have, you can out DPS and outdamage Arcane Mages. Only thing that can put an Arcane Mage above me is Incanter's Absorption, which is getting nerfed to the ground. Next patch, Fire will be the #1 PVE spec again.
    Statix will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Statix
    I don't understand why people whine if it's BiS for all periodic damage dealing classes, that certain classes should have priority on it... On my server a Moonkin Druid has the heroic version, so what?

This trinket is BiS for Fire. Fire has more than enough periodic damage; Ignite, Living Bomb and the Pyroblast DoT.

As for Fire being behind on Arcane, that's not true. If you get to a certain balance between your crit and haste, such as I have, you can out DPS and outdamage Arcane Mages. Only thing that can put an Arcane Mage above me is Incanter's Absorption, which is getting nerfed to the ground. Next patch, Fire will be the #1 PVE spec again.
    I didn't say fire was behind. I'm just not geared for it and still they're fairly even. And the hierarchy is just how I feel. When this drops and myself and the other officers in my guild have to decide who gets it. SP/Lock pop into my mind first. If you got it gz.

You can compare it from two different Point of Views.

1. Time till the Trinket will proc after the ICD, 30% Proc Chance, I´m not a Math Genius
    maybe someone is better in calculating, out of the Comments on Wowhead with 3 Dots
    the average Proc Time after ICD is about 6~8 Seconds

2. Different Scaling of classes with Crit and Spell Power this Trinket provides

1. Number of Dots per Class (Single Target):
    Affliction Warlock = 4 Dots (Haunt,UA,COA,Corruption)
    Shadow Priest = 3 Dots (SWP,DP,VT)
    Fire Mages = 3 Dots (LB,Ignite,Pyro) maybe 4 after the Patch of Fireball Glyph
    Demo Warlock = 2(3) Dots (Corruption, Immolate) i think COD is used instead of COA

2. Scale Factors per Class with Crit and Spell Power from Simcraft:
    Affliction Lock: Crit 1.4839; Spell Power 2.2588
    Shadow Priest: Crit 1.7487; Spell Power 2.2780
    Fire Mage: Crit 2.5403; Spell Power 2.3818
    Demo Lock: Crit 1.5082; Spell Power 2.0814

Now you can make your own decision woh should get this Trinket.
    And don`t argue with rolling Dots, because only Crit Proc Trinkets like Nevermelting Ice can roll but Spell Power is calculated each time the Dot is refreshed.

There was a bluepost, that this item is under-itembudget (or something funcky like that) ..
    there were no "fix" on the ptr, am i right?

Quote Originally Posted by Statix

As for Fire being behind on Arcane, that's not true. If you get to a certain balance between your crit and haste, such as I have, you can out DPS and outdamage Arcane Mages.
    Stop misinforming please, outDPSing an arcane mage as fire does not mean fire is ahead of or equal to arcane.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbo
    You can compare it from two different Point of Views.

1. Time till the Trinket will proc after the ICD, 30% Proc Chance, I´m not a Math Genius
    maybe someone is better in calculating, out of the Comments on Wowhead with 3 Dots
    the average Proc Time after ICD is about 6~8 Seconds

2. Different Scaling of classes with Crit and Spell Power this Trinket provides

1. Number of Dots per Class (Single Target):
    Affliction Warlock = 4 Dots (Haunt,UA,COA,Corruption)
    Shadow Priest = 3 Dots (SWP,DP,VT)
    Fire Mages = 3 Dots (LB,Ignite,Pyro) maybe 4 after the Patch of Fireball Glyph
    Demo Warlock = 2(3) Dots (Corruption, Immolate) i think COD is used instead of COA

2. Scale Factors per Class with Crit and Spell Power from Simcraft:
    Affliction Lock: Crit 1.4839; Spell Power 2.2588
    Shadow Priest: Crit 1.7487; Spell Power 2.2780
    Fire Mage: Crit 2.5403; Spell Power 2.3818
    Demo Lock: Crit 1.5082; Spell Power 2.0814

Now you can make your own decision woh should get this Trinket.
    And don`t argue with rolling Dots, because only Crit Proc Trinkets like Nevermelting Ice can roll but Spell Power is calculated each time the Dot is refreshed.
    I want to see a log of a warlock or sp to see how much uptime they have for this trinket.

Also scale factors of crit and sp have nothing to do with this. If you would prio someone who scales better with gear then they should get all gear first, wich is kinda stupid.

If this trinket has 30% chance to proc when you do periodic damage then it would proc within 12 seconds (probably within 9 seconds) for an elemental shaman. Next patch the trinket gets buffed to 1047 sp iirc. And shamans flame shock will benefit from haste. I have almost 1200 haste selfbuffed. I am not going to do the math but that will mean this trinket will proc really fast and i doubt it will be much of a difference if you have 1 or 3 dots ticking.

Maybe you missunderstood my Post a little bit Gilian.

My Point was that only saying hey this Class has the most Dots (or this is a Dot Class) they should deserve the Trinket is totally wrong.
    Giving this Trinket first to an Affli Loc/Shadow Priest because the Proc will occur 1-2 Seconds earlier as for Example for a Fire Mage or Elemental Shaman is wrong because you can also argue that for Example a Fire Mage or Elemental Shaman have much more use from Crit Rating then an Affli Loc/Shadow Priest.

I have not listed the Elemental Shaman in my list because i have no Clue how much Dots they have on a Target.

I only wanted to show the people that argue out of a Raid Leader POV (maybe Lout Council is used) that there is more behind choosing a Class for Trinket XYZ.

In our Guild we use DKP so i see no Problem to Place a bid on this Trinket as a Fire Mage.
    Because every Class can bid on a Item that is BIS for their Main Spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos
    Regear? You're supposed to be gearing for items with haste, crit and spellpower anyway. :P Both specs want the same items, caster don't really have many stats to look at. Only big difference would be trinkets really. A little more hit yes, but switching one or two items is hardly your whole set.
    nahh

rawr BiS item list is very different (as in, take 1 spec, tick all 277,264,251,258,245 items, optimize)

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbo
    Maybe you missunderstood my Post a little bit Gilian.

My Point was that only saying hey this Class has the most Dots (or this is a Dot Class) they should deserve the Trinket is totally wrong.
    Giving this Trinket first to an Affli Loc/Shadow Priest because the Proc will occur 1-2 Seconds earlier as for Example for a Fire Mage or Elemental Shaman is wrong because you can also argue that for Example a Fire Mage or Elemental Shaman have much more use from Crit Rating then an Affli Loc/Shadow Priest.

I have not listed the Elemental Shaman in my list because i have no Clue how much Dots they have on a Target.

I only wanted to show the people that argue out of a Raid Leader POV (maybe Lout Council is used) that there is more behind choosing a Class for Trinket XYZ.

In our Guild we use DKP so i see no Problem to Place a bid on this Trinket as a Fire Mage.
    Because every Class can bid on a Item that is BIS for their Main Spec.
    Elemental Shamans have 2 dots. One being flame shock and the other being a dot applied from lava burst if they have 4 piece t9.