Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Troll Druids and the Cenarion Circle

So we all know by now that Trolls will be getting the Druid class in Cataclysm, which personally I find very cool as my first 70 back in the day was a Troll and I love them to bits. However, I was thinking recently, 'how will this work out with the Cenarion Circle?'
    Now as far as I know, the Cenarion Circle was founded by Elves, be they High or Night Elves at the time, and over time they let the Tauren in due to their similar thoughts and teachings. They're likely to let in the Worgen as well, just because they're of the same faction, even though technically the Circle should be beyond factions. But what about the Trolls? From what I've read Trolls and Elves hate each other, and just because a few suddenly become Druids doesn't mean they'll forget about thousands of years of territorial fighting.
    So what do you think will happen? Will the Trolls be allowed into the Circle no problem? Will neither of the new races be allowed in? Maybe just some flavor speech about how the Night Elves don't really want them there but they have to anyways?

Re: Troll Druids and the Cenarion Circle

I hope they are not allowed into it, same with worgens.

When I started this game I was a night elf druid and part of the reason I loved it was the idea that only a tauren or night elf can be a druid. Kindof unique and a special bond night elfs and tauren share.

10+ Year Old Account

I dunno, the Tauren might pine for them to be let in. You also have to think about what the faction is there for: To help the Earth be balanced again through druidic teachings.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    I hope they are not allowed into it, same with worgens.

When I started this game I was a night elf druid and part of the reason I loved it was the idea that only a tauren or night elf can be a druid. Kindof unique and a special bond night elfs and tauren share.
    I feel the same... Worgens and Trolls should not be allowed in Cenarion Circle for whatsoever reason.

15+ Year Old Account

I personaly believe Night Elfs ARE Trolls, just evolved, perhaps the already peacefull druids can overlook their evolutionary flaws

The Cenarion Circle, its important to remember, is not an entirely unbiased organisation. The vast number of Cenarion druids are night elves. It is considered to be closer to the Alliance. Worgens joining the Circle is a possibility, but they are a relatively new race so it may take them a while longer to grasp druidism. Troll druids are nothing majorly new, although that will depend on the new lore we get on them. Trolls have been practicing a form of druidism for a long time, but we do not know much about these new troll druids. There is a great deal of animosity between the night elves and the trolls, and while you might be asking whether the Circle would allow a troll member, another question surely would be would a troll ever wish to join the Circle, knowing that it is controlled by night elves?
    Check out The Darkest Blog for weird gaming reviews, oddly self-absorbed wargaming news and disturbingly brutal fiction!

well malfurion is back and he battled along side the trolls as part of the horde on hyjal. and with the nightmare as it is they could prolly do with all the druids they can get

According to lore the Trolls only ever had issues with the Blood'elfs due to the elfs building there city within the trolls empire.

As for worgens there is no lore at all to support them having the druid class though I am sure that will come in due time.

Quote Originally Posted by Scunosi
    So we all know by now that Trolls will be getting the Druid class in Cataclysm, which personally I find very cool as my first 70 back in the day was a Troll and I love them to bits. However, I was thinking recently, 'how will this work out with the Cenarion Circle?'
    Now as far as I know, the Cenarion Circle was founded by Elves, be they High or Night Elves at the time, and over time they let the Tauren in due to their similar thoughts and teachings. They're likely to let in the Worgen as well, just because they're of the same faction, even though technically the Circle should be beyond factions. But what about the Trolls? From what I've read Trolls and Elves hate each other, and just because a few suddenly become Druids doesn't mean they'll forget about thousands of years of territorial fighting.
    So what do you think will happen? Will the Trolls be allowed into the Circle no problem? Will neither of the new races be allowed in? Maybe just some flavor speech about how the Night Elves don't really want them there but they have to anyways?
    Srry, but if I remember correctly the Trolls and Night Elves have never been at ''war'' or are any huge enemies except for when the Trolls joined the horde. What you might be thinking of are the Trolls that belongs to Zul'Aman that were at war with the High Elves(later called Blood Elves) that belonged to Silermoon City. I might be remembering something wrong tho, I'm known for that. The Trolls of the Horde's biggest enemy are the Humans, and always will be after what happened on the Echo Isles

Quote Originally Posted by skrump
    According to lore the Trolls only ever had issues with the Blood'elfs due to the elfs building there city within the trolls empire.

As for worgens there is no lore at all to support them having the druid class though I am sure that will come in due time.
    The night elves were responsible for pushing back the vast empires of the trolls, according to the lore. The trolls as a whole have no issue with the blood elves, only the Amani have an issue on account of ongoing violence between the High Elves and forest trolls. Jungle trolls never really had much to do with the high elves, which is why they don't have a huge issue with blood elves.

Worgens are already druidic in nature in that they can transform into beasts at will. The nature of the curse that caused them to become as they are has not been revealed, but there could be a relationship between the Worgen curse and druidism. Thats only a rumour I'll admit, but I can buy them being druids.
    Check out The Darkest Blog for weird gaming reviews, oddly self-absorbed wargaming news and disturbingly brutal fiction!

Quote Originally Posted by Waff
    Night elves were trolls once.

Its like not letting your parents in the house because they're old.
    lol

Whatever reasons people may now come up with for not letting trolls or worgen in, blizzard will let them in - be it with new lore/reasons or not. (at least that's what I think and I'm 99% sure)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    [/COLOR]

I think it makes more sense then oh lets say a paladin tauren? which dont get me wrong im happy they will be able to become one.
    But really alot of these new class/race combos don't make total sense.
    Who cares? they want to re-write lore then so be it.

They need to give us more character slots though.

Sylvari Necromancer

Deleted

The uniqueness is going to disapear... /sad

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by galaxiah
    I think it makes more sense then oh lets say a paladin tauren? which dont get me wrong im happy they will be able to become one.
    But really alot of these new class/race combos don't make total sense.
    Who cares? they want to re-write lore then so be it.

They need to give us more character slots though.

It makes sence, the tauren worship the sun as the other eye of elune. The sun is their equivilent of the human and dwarf "Light", in the same way the blood elfs draw that power from the sunwell(i think). Its not holy power they are drawing from,it light or "Sun".

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Waff
    Night elves were trolls once.

Its like not letting your parents in the house because they're old.
    Humans were apes once, but we don't go to school with monkeys nowadays!

Quote Originally Posted by Arano
    Humans were apes once, but we don't go to school with monkeys nowadays!
    That's what I was thinking, though maybe not quite so simplified. I mean, by now we're fairly certain if not 100% so that in-game Humans evolved from Vykrul, yet we still slaughter them by the bucketful. Just because you have similar origins doesn't mean you'll be best buddies, a la nagas/satyrs and elves.

Quote Originally Posted by skrump

I could be grasping at straws here, but I remember a long time ago when leveling my first few Night Elves that there was a quest that involved a sentinel ( http://www.wowwiki.com/Velinde_Starsong ) in which she was charged to look into the cleansing of Felwood, she found a Scythe she believed belonged to Elune and so prayed to her for aid in removing the Demon's and such.

What she got was a worgen, the beastly like wolf-man. In the end Velinde vanished and came up missing. Now while it was never stated completely. My belief is, that the Night elf they spoke of and showed standing with the worgen was in fact Velinde herself. If you watch the preview for cataclysm you will see that the Night elfs brought them in calling them something like "Old Allies" which strongly suggests this as a possibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Cenarion Circle wont reject them, but now that malfurion is back, im sure the new druid races will have a quest for their teleport: Moonglade spell, that involves them getting inducted by the big guy himself

I'd say that it's rather Tauren leaving Moonglade and having Worgen there instead, and Tauren with Trolls moving to some other location together. That would help shred any images of peace between the Alliance and the Horde - we want an all-out war, don't we?

Dear Blizzard,
    Please nerf Rock. Paper is ok.
    - Scissors

Worgen do have lore to be druids (didnt notice if this was pointed out) But I bet its going to pan out something like this ...

Tauren: So Night elves, what are you doing there?
    Night elf: Teaching the worgen the druid ways as they soon join our order.
    Tauren: So does that mean we can bring in the trolls and teach them our way?
    Night elf: Er .. No No.... best not. *nod*
    Tauren: ....