Thread: Goin' BEAR!

15+ Year Old Account

Goin' BEAR!

Ok so out of boredom and the fact that I've never got around to trying it, I've decided to take up tanking.

I have some pieces of gear already, but lets forget about that for now. What I would like to know is where to spend all my badges. So for now assume I have nothing.

I have 891 Triumph and 2 Trophies to spend as well as 135 Frost badges.

I'm looking for advice on which tier pieces to grab (2 pc 10, 4pc t9 etc) and anything else that will help me get up and running that I could buy with badges.

Any advice would be great.

Deleted

Re: Goin' BEAR!

Okay, I would:

buy 2p ilvl245 tier9. Legs and head. That was 150 EoT (emblem of triumph

Buy 2p tier10, gloves and shoulders. That was 120 frost.

Buy http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=67086 should be around 2k, buy crusaders orb for EoT, you need 8 (18*8=144 EoT)

now you still have around 750 EoT..

Either
    A: buy crusaders orb for all.
    B: downgrade them all to heroism and buy epic gems. Remember, price for epic gems will fall very much due BG mark changes.
    C: buy full PvP gear
    D: use 85 emblems for the dodge trinket and the tank ring and go A, B or C.

Now, use your future emblem of frost on http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50466, http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50356 or http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50995#comments and slap 30 sta in all sockets

Deleted

slap 30 sta in all sockets
    Yup, take 2% armor increase meta and activate it with Nightmare Tear or purple gem with dodge/agi. With this kind of gear you don't need anything but more stamina (unless of course you're somehow below 40% dodge unbuffed or missing expertise and buff food is not enough)

Slap Moongose on your weapon and you're ready to go.

EDIT: Get rid of Mangle glyph. You don't need it especially with improved mangle talented. I would move 5 points into resto tree but it's more of a personal preference here.

15+ Year Old Account

Cheers. Def gonna look into a cloak when i get more frost. Right now Im using some sad blue but i can prob get the crafted one made at some point.

As for the spec I'll be looking into that. I was just quickly doing it off what I glanced from the tank guide in this thread.

Gonna pick up some pieces now and give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie
    Cheers. Def gonna look into a cloak when i get more frost. Right now Im using some sad blue but i can prob get the crafted one made at some point.

As for the spec I'll be looking into that. I was just quickly doing it off what I glanced from the tank guide in this thread.

Gonna pick up some pieces now and give it a go.
    I would say that getting a wrathful cloak and the trinket first is a better option :S
    Depends on what trinkets you have now tho :/

I agree in getting the cloak / belt / trinket before 2pc T10. All the tier pieces have very decent alternatives available (T9) while for those 3 slots you'd be stuck with much lower quality items for a loooong time.

Wrathful cloak might have a lot of stam, but on the other hand it dont have any kind og agi (dodge) for you..

I would look for the BoE cloak from northrend beast on AH or the one from ulduar10 (None of them made for tanking, but becos of the agility on them they useally have more dodge compared to tanking cloaks) Another option is the valor tanking cloak wich might also be an option.

I ran with PvP gear for cloak etc greatness and sadly a brewfest trinket. But it seems to be serving my ICC 10 man needs and fast hc Ques. Thats all I need it for atm. Pvp gear makes great fillers epically the 264 ones from SW.