10+ Year Old Account

Farm Gnomeragen before its gone?

Should we start farming Gnomer on our alts / mains for BoEs and twink items that are BoP or are we going to be able to still go in that instance once it becomes a capital city?

Re: Farm Gnomeragen before its gone?

the only thing i'm worried about are the engineering plans. but they will surely be put somewhere else.
    hopefully not a world drop though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbt
    Really, the people doing 1.5k dps in a heroic instance are meant for that instance. You should be applauding that they are taking the time to farm emblems for better gear instead of sneaking their way into your ICC 10 man pugs.

i wouldn't doubt if they alter it so we retake alot of the exterior and surface of gnomeregan, but keep the instance similar to how we have stockades within stormwind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

They specifically said Gnomeregan Surface in the achievements, I assume this means the rest of Gnomer will still be there as an instance.

Gnomeregan the instance will not disappear. Only the outside part, aka from the main outside entrance, down the elevator, and the area until the instance portals, I assume.
    The voice clips make it clear enough Thermaplugg won't be defeated at the end of the event, so the instance will remain there for us to finish that business.

Blizzard would never remove an instance from the game entirely. They may bump it up in level (Naxxramas/Onyxia's Lair), but they will never completely get rid of an instance. They would especially not get rid of an instance during low levels as there are already few enough instances for many levels between 1-60.

Gnomeregan is still going to be there. Hell, I am hoping for a heroic Gnomeregan that will expand on the post-retaking storyline in Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Blizzard would never remove an instance from the game entirely. They may bump it up in level (Naxxramas/Onyxia's Lair), but they will never completely get rid of an instance. They would especially not get rid of an instance during low levels as there are already few enough instances for many levels between 1-60.

Gnomeregan is still going to be there. Hell, I am hoping for a heroic Gnomeregan that will expand on the post-retaking storyline in Cataclysm.
    I think I read that blizz were interested in expanding on heroic old world dungeons so perhaps this might be seen later on. Thinking about it though if they don't massively update it's going to be even more hated than it currently is.

Quote Originally Posted by fishface
    I think I read that blizz were interested in expanding on heroic old world dungeons so perhaps this might be seen later on. Thinking about it though if they don't massively update it's going to be even more hated than it currently is.
    Yeah, Blizz said they like the idea of turning old instances into new heroics, but they also stated they didn't want to over-do it and therefore make too many "new" heroics
    Ladies and Gentleman. I have a very important news story. I want all of you, to stop what you are doing and listen. CANNONBALL

I think the best thing they could do is fix up that instance.

Other than obscure engineering plans and the quest rewards from defeating the endboss, i don't see how you could possibly get anything of value from that hellhole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel

What about Molten Core ? Raggy is being moved. I'm already farming my Hydraxian Waterlords rep just in case it goes, but I have no idea what will happen to this instance :|

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Muraza
    once it becomes a capital city?
    Not going to happen, they've stated that they don't plan on adding any capitals in Cata, I'm thinking this will turn into a new starting area. So gnomes will be separate from dwarves, same thing for trolls (might have something to do with phasing in starting zones i hope).

Quote Originally Posted by KresnikHellfire
    What about Molten Core ? Raggy is being moved. I'm already farming my Hydraxian Waterlords rep just in case it goes, but I have no idea what will happen to this instance :|
    I think I read that Rag isn't being moved, might just mean that he's still going to be where he is, or that hes not moving out of the fire plane (ie to the new 85 plane of fire raid). I don't think they're getting rid of the raid, but blizz has stated they don't plan on redoing it (like ony).
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Quote Originally Posted by KresnikHellfire
    ragnaros is not being moved we only fought his avatar in MC were facing the real deal Ragnaros in the new MH raid.

in all honesty I would hate to see it become a capital ( ironforge os like a 5 minute run from there ) but I would think it would be good to just see it as a brand new questing area ( like if they demolished the instance ( doubtful considering blizz won't destroy an instance they just change it ) but if they destroyed the instance and inside they made it like a leveling zone from lvl "blank" to lvl "blank" so that there would be a place to lvl in there and a bunch of quests would be introduced into that inner underground area

10+ Year Old Account

Gnomergan sufrace this means the top layer- i.e maybe not even inside the instance

In addition the gnome king says in sound files that they must wait for the radition to clear this is prob just an excuse for the gnomes not to capture there city other than the level 30 troggs...

Just to remind you:
    Blizz told s the didnt like the way gnomergan workt.
    Can this mean a remade gnomergan?
    That could mean an proper town instead of the crappy tunnels infromt of Gnomergan.
    A funny instance istead of..Gnomergan.
    That means Gnomergone...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Muraza
    Should we start farming Gnomer on our alts / mains for BoEs and twink items that are BoP or are we going to be able to still go in that instance once it becomes a capital city?
    No no no, Gnomeregan will be an instance still, we're not taking it back by now.
    Now go to Dun Morog, open the map, look to the west... You'll see a big empty area, seems like we're getting that.