What am I doing wrong?

Well first off, here is my armory. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...as&cn=Demonicc

I am affliction for 25 men and use the following rotation: CoE (only lock in guild)>Haunt>Corruption>SB>SB>UA. I sometimes clip spells by mistake. But that is very rare. I usually pull 6.6k in ICC 25. I think that is very low for a warlock. Im not sure what im doing wrong. If its my gear or my rotation. Help? =)

Re: What am I doing wrong?

Read this: http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-wa...ng-compendium/ for information on your rotation, mainly the 'DPSing' section. I don't think what you are doing is optimal, though as you need to apply CoE for others in your raid that part may be ok.

6.6k isnt terrible, but with your gear I would think you could be pulling out a bit more. Fixing your rotation/priority is probably the main thing, along with ensuring you arent clipping dots. With the sacrifice of CoA damage, you may not be too bad.

You wouldn't need to use CoE if a your guild has a boomkin or a UH DK. Boomkins are a bit rare. But DK's are a dime a dozen when it comes to dps.

The uptime on UH DK's diseases may not be 100% pending the DK(If he is bad or not) but it sure the hell beats you losing out 7% of your damage.

well it may not be optimal but if nobody is doing the debuff. I never change my rotation... I just replace the COA

sb haunt ua coa corr sb sb....
    becomes
    sb haunt ua COE cor sb sb ...
    *either for waiting the time for the ua tick to register or just because of ease of always hitting same buttons everytime (i swap coe on my coa button when im doing coe :P ) thats how I do it.

As far as your gear, don't gem 20haste, and never gem sp/crit, i wouldnt bother changing the gem in the staff now unless you got gold or badges extra. but in future just do recks/runed/purifieds

get a dot timer

try to keep all the dots up as much as you can.. use haunt every 8 seconds.... I honestly couldn't offer anymore help that to do that.. I really don't know how you can do 7k dps in that gear.

I didn't even look at your gems. It's pretty simple to gem. Yellow = SP/Haste Red = SP Blue = SP/Spirit(Only want two of these really) Never gem crit or a full yellow haste gem.

Get your 4 piece t10 and start rolling stronger corruptions. NEVER let corruption fall off. You may have too much hit rating.

We could know more about your raid setup before we can help you out. Sure your the only lock and you may need to use CoE but that may not be the case if you have a UH DK or Boomkin. Do you have a Spriest or Boomkin for the hit rating? If so you can drop alot of hit rating.

15+ Year Old Account

/points at "Fix my DPS" thread

owait, that's not a completely new thread. my bad.

R.I.P. YARG

Do you click?
    Not trolling, this is a srs bsns question, using keybinds/macros etc for cooldowns will really up your dips.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydian
    Do you click?
    Not trolling, this is a srs bsns question, using keybinds/macros etc for cooldowns will really up your dips.
    I do not click.

And as for clipping I've been getting better on it. I finally got my trinket (NMIC) and my dps have improved a bit. I do use DoTimer as a timer. Not sure why I'm not able to pull more then 7k though.

other than a few things that arent really major from what I see on your armory I think its a matter of focusing more and making your rotation tighter.

Also I was under the impression that getting Shadow's Embrace up asap would be the priority for affliction warlocks so the start would be like

SB > SB > Haunt > Corr > UA > CoA / CoE > SB filling and then Drain Soul at 25%

and yes I do have a warlock shes my alt though :P

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...zak&cn=Akronia

15+ Year Old Account

Here's a list of everything besides gear and rotation that could be resulting in your lower dps:

Missing raid buffs
    Missing personal buffs (stone, flask, food, armor)
    Action-based raid buffers dying (i.e. Ret paladin dying = 3% haste, 3% damage missing)
    Dynamic hit cap that relies on 3% debuff, may not always be present due to responsible player
    Clipping spells
    Moving too much
    Not moving enough, causing you to move the same distance but slower
    Proximity to bad players who can't move accurately (10 yard splash damage = constant repositioning by these peopl)
    Uncertainty in boss mechanics
    Inability to use boss mechanics to max your dps (Rotface Slime explosion doesn't require as much movement as most people think)
    Inability to use boss mechanics to minimize raid impact (Flame trail on Lanathel doesn't require Sprint/Dash/Excessive kiting)
    Bad luck (vomit target on Festergut every single time)
    Threat capping due to a bad tank

Rotation is the least of your concerns, providing you know what spells are on your "Cast these" and "Don't Cast These" lists.

R.I.P. YARG

Gherkin hits the nail on the head - your DPS can be heavily affected by a number of things outside your "rotation" and actual damaging spells. All of these points taken - I find it really unsettling that your 25-man has neither an UH DK or Boomkin, they both supply incredible benefits... I'd really push for having at least 1 of these in every raid if you could talk it over with your raid leader.

But absolutely take a look at the Raiding Compendium mentioned before - and make sure to check out affliction and learning to corrupt.

@Devious009
    Since Shadow's Embrace updates, just put up all your dots first - using infinitus's rotation is fine.

Are you rolling your corruption?
    I always pop bloodfury and nevermelting ice crystal and hit my rank 1 LT before a pull to get all my extra stats. I then throw a Corruption onto the boss and do anything and everything in my power to make sure that beefy corruption doesnt fall off. If it stays on I can manage to pull 7.9k on Prof. However, when it does fall (which is rare) I find myself hauling 7k. Corruption and UA are your most important dots CoA is thw weakest and mine personally normal ticks for almost 900dmg during its last 3-4 ticks. Make sure Haunt is always up on the boss too. If you find yourself LT too much theres an easy way around this. Whenever you go to refresh your old huant with a new one the old one will always come ack and heal you. As you cast your new one immediatly hit LT so that you gain your mana back, waste almost no GCD, and the damage from you LT is instantly healed by your old haunt. LT too much can really affect your dps.
    "Your country is like an old maid servant; accustomed to being raped by everyone." - Napoleon

run a combat log, post in the "Fix My DPS" thread, profit.

without a combat log, diagnosing your issues is limited to looking at your spec, gear, and gems. If those 3 issues are your problem then chances are you have other problems as well.

#1 - what is the uptime on all your DoTs? if it is below 80 then that is your problem, if it is over 90 then see gherkins list above.

I am by no means a great affliction lock but that is the first thing I look at after each raid, what was my uptime. World of Logs lays it out plain as day. As my DoT uptime has gone up so has my dps.
    What do you think about the season 7 shaman set?
    It looks like what would happen if one of those big rock giants from Outlands mated with Spiderman.

-monkeysnarf