Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: The Quel'dalr is it really worth it?

If you're going to ICC, no it's not worth it.

If you're talking about an alt, in my case it would be worth it. I'm not going to run ICC often enough on my alts to make it likely that I'd get something there reliably. If I got a drop on one of my toons, I might consider selling it... but honestly, the only things I care about that can be purchased with gold is a handful of interesting mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkduck
    Oh god, i sure hope I don't reincarnate into a bad DPS because of my bad karma. It would suck to have to cry every patch because I'm afraid to lose my raid spot.

well if you are going in ICC you will get better weapon from there. but if you are not you really don't need such weapon and you can get better from Arena and would cost less.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Stieger23
    If you're going to ICC, no it's not worth it.

If you're talking about an alt, in my case it would be worth it. I'm not going to run ICC often enough on my alts to make it likely that I'd get something there reliably. If I got a drop on one of my toons, I might consider selling it... but honestly, the only things I care about that can be purchased with gold is a handful of interesting mounts.
    So its all 50-50
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Korialstraz
    I say nay
    I say yay considering the amount of mp5 weps in ICC.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by arkthan
    i farmed one with my prot warrior before they changed the drop rate from the nonelites in POS. since blizz hates tanks and didnt make a tank version i sent it to my mage who doesnt get to raid. fun quest line and its nice to see your name shouted throughout dal. if you get one go with it if you got plentyof money.
    this could be since we (tanks) get it's sister sword, quel'serrar.

It is not really worthy of farming deliberately as long as you do not need anything else from those ICC instances, be itgear or badges. Drop chance is very low and you still need to win roll unless you go with your friends.

I personally have seen 3 Hilt drops on all of my 4 characters I play from time to time, 3 of which do daily randoms regularly. I consider myself lucky on this front as I have won 2 out of those 3 drops.
    My paladin, prot MS/ret OS, is now sporting very decent 2H sword--one which I would never get for a long time. 2nd Hilt went to my restoration, elemental OS, shaman who I gear up for raiding. The weapon is the best you can get all the way up to LK in ICC10. It is the best weapon for few classes and spec you can get even when raiding--talk to holy paladins and their frustration about weapons in ICC10 (even LK hates them).

So, in terms of value it can be very good addition for certain classes. It can last you whole ICC or it can bring you nice amount of money to buy craftable pieces--some of which are either BIS or very high on in the ranking.

I, personally, would not try to farm it as it is not farma-able in my eyes. If you really want it, farm materials that sell on your server to get the gold to buy it and do run or two into ICC 5-man instances daily. You might get lucky to get the drop in the end and you even end up with some extra gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.

If you're doing ICC you wouldn't consider the Hilt anyway...
    I don't raid, so for me, aye it's BiS. I'd buy it.
    Raiding ICC? Just kill a boss and hope for a wep, saves 10k.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Re: The Quel'dalr is it really worth it? No

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Imper
    this could be since we (tanks) get it's sister sword, quel'serrar.
    That is why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoosie
    Idd

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Snoosie
    I still think its worth it if u got the paitance
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

Hmmm... maybe I'm a lore nerd, but I like to keep things that have cool sounding names, cool icons, cool stories behind them (so pissed that dks couldn't get an ashbringer....), so for me, I already have the 10man axe from ICC. If I ever get a battered hilt, I'd probably take the 1h sword so that I could duel-wield Quel'Serrar and Quel'Delar. Not that I would use it, but just to say I have it.

Quel'fares worth it if your a feral tank

Yes, if you got it when it dropped.
    No, if you're going to buy it.

Yes, if your weapon sucks.
    No, if you're going to ICC every week.

If you can afford it, or it drops, yeah. I'm quite happy with my Quel, probably won't replace it until I get lucky in 25 man ICC or until my 10 man drops the LK.
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

I've seen three since they were released and my highest roll sadly has been 30. I would like for each of my 80's because I don't do ICC, but I'm not about to spend 10k or more gold for them either. I'll just hope for the best!
    Krimson states...
    Clearly the correct play here is to drop acid everyday.
    Just because you can't easily overdose on acid doesn't mean that dropping 50 hits in a night won't turn you into a drooling retard.

10+ Year Old Account

Quel'dalar is worth it for feral druids, the 251 Staff from whichever one of the Aboms is seemingly crap unless you have your stats out of whack, the polearm from Blood Princes is decent, but ehh, so Ferals, go get the hilt, its worth it.

10+ Year Old Account

Sell the hilt, buy Saronites, get very good boots or save up more frosts for legs depending on your class... It isn't worth it, and even if you have no guild, PUGs own the shit out of first wing generally on both 10 and 25.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Once the ICC zone buff stacks to 30% you'll easily be able to pug at least a couple wings. Just wait it out or get a good team to go in there and just get a weapon from a boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.