Thread: Leveling advice

Leveling advice

So i'm currently level 49 on my rogue and been leveling as combat so far. Now at 50 Mutilate is available if i switch to assassination. Should i stick with combat or go mutilate daggers at 50?

Re: Leveling advice

My rogue's 54 right now, and I'm having a lot of fun with Mut. Generally speaking, nothing lives longer than Mut-Mut-Evisc or Ambush-Mut-Evisc. I never tried combat to speak for Mut's relative effectiveness over that, but it's gotta say something if someone who's leveled 6 other 80s is enjoying it.

works for me. thanks.

For a rogue i have found that leveling as Sub daggers up to 50 then going muti the rest of the way is your best bet, seeing as how you are 49, i would go muti at 50

Keep in mind HfB is extremely annoying to keep up solo. You might wanna consider stopping at 41 points in assassination and put the rest of your points in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Moll
    Keep in mind HfB is extremely annoying to keep up solo. You might wanna consider stopping at 41 points in assassination and put the rest of your points in combat.
    This. Leveling as 41/5/25, filling out sub before combat, is definitely the best way to go from my experience.

15+ Year Old Account

Atm using combat level, just rushing in and powning mobs SS+Evisc

I think its faster then any "stealth" build, where u need time to creep up mobs and kill them.

I mean 2-3x SS and 1x Evisc = dead .. while i just rushed in instead of sneaked arround (wich takes time).

Dunno, going to try multi ofcourse, im new to rogues (although played wow since start)
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Morthas
    Atm using combat level, just rushing in and powning mobs SS+Evisc

I think its faster then any "stealth" build, where u need time to creep up mobs and kill them.

I mean 2-3x SS and 1x Evisc = dead .. while i just rushed in instead of sneaked arround (wich takes time).

Dunno, going to try multi ofcourse, im new to rogues (although played wow since start)
    I dunno, I'm leveling with mut and the only time I stealth at all is when I'm targeting humanoids, and that's only to pickpocket them for junkboxes--the Ambush opener is just for shits and giggles. I can't say I really feel like mut is a stealthy spec... though I could very well be doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikatrap
    This. Leveling as 41/5/25, filling out sub before combat, is definitely the best way to go from my experience.
    the 41/5/25 build would definately work for leveling. A lot of people neglect to realize that a build that is viable for pvp is normally gonna work well for leveling, as you end up taking a lot of direct hits.

i forget the levels when you learn the skills, but I leveled combat. Blade Flurry + AtP trink + Killing Spree = a lot of dead mobs fast.

i didnt want to start another topic on basically the same thing so if the op doesnt mind i was gonna ask a different question.
    Im currently lvling through the random dungeon finder while im questing.
    Does anyone recommend a spec that would be best for that and would going muti at 50 be better than staying combat for dps?