Are furry warriors viable in arenas ?

OK so before flameing i did a quick search and i haven't found anything to satisfy me and i also have been "out of the game" to speak so for some time now. All i read Arms warriors blah blah arms warrios blah blah, but what about fury warriors ? They have Furious Attacks for healing reduction and a small spamable burst ( Slam ) ( not as good by far as overpower,especially with unreleanting assault, but it will do ) so the other thing that comes to mind is Bladestorm. Arms warrios are only good only because of Bladestorm ? i doubt it, so could anyone tell me why aren't fury viable for arenas/pvp anymore ? Also please no short awnsers or trolling !

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Are furry warriors viable in arenas ?

I haven't played Fury at all, but simply put the arms tree spec for PvP just has so much more utility in it. Sure you have a chance to proc an MS debuff in fury, but it is unreliable and arms is on demand. There really isn't a way to compare overpower to slam. To brush ignore the extra 25% spell power reduction from an overpower is pretty silly. Additionally if you are smart with taste for blood procs you can line up one overpower nearly right after the other for added burst.

You might be able to have some ok success in arenas as fury, but arms really has it beat. Bladestorm really is simply the icing on the cake when it comes to arms PvP.

Only at extremely low MMR, resi humps fury so hard it's not even funny, you need to crit to do anything

Arms has the healing debuff from MS when you need it and bladestorm, as well as being able to overpower and sudden death provides a lovely spike of burst damage, it's pretty much better in every way
    Slam's pretty useless unless they're standing still, at which point arms can potentially burst with it a lot faster due to the cast time reduction instead of praying for a proc

Be interesting to see what fury's like in cata when resi doesn't reduce crit chance though

Fury is ok, its really about the opening, if you can kill someone in 2-3 seconds after the match starts, your good to go (2v2)

5's you might be ignored long enough for the squishy classes, but if you can burst one person, you did your job.

3's are more of an issue, the 5% bonus damage taken is to much of a lure for you to be useful. You will be eaten first 4/5 times.

After your burst, your pretty SOL though, because most likely we are going to be slowed/CC'd because you really have nothing to remove those effects.

Furry warriors ought to be cute

Thank you everybody for the replys ! Such a shame fury isn't par with arms when it comes to arenas. I really enjoy fury more then Arms. I thought it might have a chance since i can solo some BC content as fury ( due to BT healing 6% of total hp [ with glyph ] ) while with arms i cant do it so easy without eating between fights, 706 heal per melee hit isn't that bad and since BT has 4 sec cooldown it's almost always up. Heroic fury for double intercept and a nice anti-mobility reduction spells. + Death Wish 20% more dmg ( though at a 5% more dmg taken ). Maybe i'm just trying to make a class i enjoy do somehting it isn't capable though ! Anyways thank you for replying to me ! i still wait further info/experiences from other people/fellow warriors ! Cheers !

Quote Originally Posted by omidmash
    Furry warriors are adorable....

Are they Tauren or worgen?
    Neither

A dwarf who needs to shave more then just his beard =O
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

thank you for trolling ! now stop trolling my thread !

from what i've seen fury warrior don't have the damage burst or mortal strike like arms warriors, and they dont have the interupts of prot, maybe if ur opponent is standing still and isnt healing or getting heals

people still play fury?

k im done

But on topic: MS on demand is just too much to be ignored, and then bladestorm just.....provokes too much QQ to pass up on.

PVP subforum, where 1500 rated players can voice there opinions
    -Ex ret paladin

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by iflame
    people still play fury?

Yes, it just happens to be the best PvE spec. I just dont feel its the same in Arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Suggardaddy
    from what i've seen fury warrior don't have the damage burst or mortal strike like arms warriors, and they dont have the interupts of prot, maybe if ur opponent is standing still and isnt healing or getting heals

Hmm arms and fury actually have the same interrupts : 2x Intercept Fury ( Intercept + Charge in combat Arms ),1x Charge out of combat, Fear,Pumnel,Shield Bash ( macroed ofc). Furious attacks has the same debuff as Ms and from my own experience usually the
    firts or second hit applys it so 85% as good as MS. Although BT does 450-1k dmg less then MS it also provieds you with 2% hp heal per hit for 3 hits ( glyphed ofc ). About the burst...fury hits harder then arms. true for burst has only instant slam rather then sudden death AND overpower. Hopefullly blizz will make all specs from all classes good in Arena. I'm sick of reading patch notes, seeing walls of text of changes to other classes and for warrios just a tooltip correction or prot adjustements. Rarely for Arms. Never for fury. Since 5 patches ago.Sigh !.

Thank you everyone for your replys.

Quote Originally Posted by iflame
    people still play fury?

k im done

But on topic: MS on demand is just too much to be ignored, and then bladestorm just.....provokes too much QQ to pass up on.

"People still play fury ?" Nice awnser. One of the best pve specs and classes,like Hanzan said. Let me be mean also: Warrior advice from a main Pally ? :P

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

I haven't personally played a warrior since BC, but I believe Arms just has better PvP utility. Juggernaut (Charging in combat), Unrelenting assault (cripple healing/caster damage), Mortal strike being instant rather then a proc, and Bladestorm come to mind. Fury warriors never really struck me as notable in pvp but when a arms warrior charges in and goes apeshit that's enough to make people panic. Fury has good damage potential, but pure damage usually doesn't win pvp (maybe with the exception of high burst teams... like multiboxing 5 elemental shamans)

P.S. I'm sure Furry Warriors (AKA Worgen) will kick ass with their new Darkflight sprint. Don't think a warrior can get much scarier then 170% movement speed when charge is on CD.
    Count Off! 1! 1! 1! 1! 1! 1! 1! 1!

Quote Originally Posted by Terrabyte

"People still play fury ?" Nice awnser. One of the best pve specs and classes,like Hanzan said. Let me be mean also: Warrior advice from a main Pally ? :P
    $

pvp forum.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by Terrabyte
    Are furry warriors viable in arenas ?
    No, they look shabby and probably smell too. Perhaps a good shave and a haircut.

Clean shaven Warr > Furry Warr

But jokes aside, I've bumped into a few Fury warrs, some furry, some not, but the outcome's the same...

They pose almost ZERO threat. They hit hard when they get a few good crits but they are easily cc'ed and killed. I'm more afraid of an Arms Warrior getting a lucky Improved 'Spamstring' proc from talent or glyph.. and then Bladestorming my arse into swiss cheese.

Plus, Fury Warriors seem to take more damage because they stay in Berzerker Stance most of the time. Heroic Fury is annoying though. Charge > Intercept > Heroic Fury > Intercept. But like I said, it's just annoying. Nothing more.

If Furious Attack proc is 100% on each normal melee attack, then yeah, I foresee these guys being more prominent in Arenas. The healing nerf is invaluable in PvP. For now, Arms > Fury, just like Clean cut > Furry.