Surviving ICC 25 Heroic

So we managed to kill LK tonight and will start doing heroic next reset, my question is for those shamans who have ventured into Heroic and experienced what kinda of increased damage the raid in general will be taking and personal damage they took. Im an elemental shaman but the Point of view of enhancment and resto shamans is very much welcome.

Will speccing into Elemental Warding and Astral Shift be beneficial if Im stepping into ICC 25 Heroic for the first time ? will it make a difference for my healers ?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Re: Surviving ICC 25 Heroic

Neither of those talents are needed, but your healers will need to step it up if you want to get past Marrowgar.
    Armory available upon request, but here is a small preview:
    It is better than yours.

Well my current spec is in elemental waring ... i don't really find convection that useful. If you refresh your mana shield you are never oom. http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...65qi576,,11623 is pretty decent spec. There aren't that many fights in which you need fire nova and improved ghost wolf is very nice for saurfang heroic and sindragosa.

Well as long as you dont stand in fire, dodge the ghosts and kill the adds you aren't going to take more dmg then your healers should be able to handle!

I have full in elemental warding, and I've had that since Ulduar, because that 6% WILL save your life!

Now be pro and kill things in HM its a lot more fun then ez mode bosses ^^

//ishi

edit: I totally forgot about Astral Shift, its a PvP talent, DONT use it in PvE, you will rarely get feared/stunned/silenced during boss fights anyway. The ONLY encounter I can see that talent be useful is BQ, but then again you should be getting fear ward so you can pop tremor and free everyone in your group from the fear!
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nas&n=Ishixaph Elemental Shaman PEW PEW LAZER DPS!

I'm mostly just 10 man H-ICC, but it should be a relative comparison.

I've found elemental warding to be very useful in ICC, so that would be very beneficial for the Heroic version. Astral shift, as has been noted, is a pvp talent, so don't waste points into that.

Someone mentioned putting points into Imp ghost, that has it's benefits as well ( as long as you aren't forgetful or have it keybinded in a bad spot, and make sure to put all points into it if you are getting it).

Good luck in there!

survival = strategy + skill

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ilialilov
    Well my current spec is in elemental waring ... i don't really find convection that useful. If you refresh your mana shield you are never oom. http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...65qi576,,11623 is pretty decent spec. There aren't that many fights in which you need fire nova and improved ghost wolf is very nice for saurfang heroic and sindragosa.
    uhm idk but Improved ghost wolf ... just for 2 bosses i think u should just reroll pvp and go be happy in ghost from ... cuz it sucks for Pve..

If u wanna fight Lich king hc u atleast need convection 5/5 else ya run Oom way to fast

Quote Originally Posted by Lazgor
    uhm idk but Improved ghost wolf ... just for 2 bosses i think u should just reroll pvp and go be happy in ghost from ... cuz it sucks for Pve..

If u wanna fight Lich king hc u atleast need convection 5/5 else ya run Oom way to fast
    LK got a lot of random AoEdmg to pop your watershield charges, theres no need at all to be specced into convection, even with using a CL on cd (during add phases) priority doesnt take me below 26k mana...

The only fight where you possibly could go OOM on were Anub'arak 25-man Heroic, with ICC gear, you'll never go OOM even on that fight... hence why you should be using this specc: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...=The+Afflicted

Convection isn't needed whatsoever unless you're in Naxx gear which leads to conclusion anyways; A dead Shaman does 0 DPS, 6% will/can save your life, if not: you're saving the healers mana.

15+ Year Old Account

I'm so tired of people neglecting survability.
    Elemental Warding is a very useful talent, your healers can be unlucky and the fights can be tricky - you should really get this talent.
    I can tell you for sure that an alive dps'ing shaman is better than a dead one.

Elemental Warding = YES.

Ghost Wolf + Astral Shift = NO.

Check my spec, its pretty decent for the ICC25 hard modes.

Thanks alot everyone I think I got a pretty good idea what spec Im going with now.

Cheers,

I've had Elemental Warding since Ulduar; I never go OOM on fights.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...cSgPwZz,,11623

I currently use that spec; the only time I've not used that spec is when we didn't have an Enh shaman for a few weeks, so I picked up imp.SoE by dropping IFN and EotS to get the 3 points needed for it.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Same, I've eben using Elemental Warding forever. There's just nothing else to put points in tht will benefit us. The damage reduction is key anyways in ICC Hard modes.

It really comes down to situational awareness and execution.