Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

design your own boss encounter!

hello there

since no1 noticed my reply in a previous post about designing an boss encounter here`s my own thread.
    made this post in cataclysm forums as its the most hot topic right now and thuss its perfectly to design your cataclysm boss.

would be great if you got an idea, already worked out concept or just a sketch to post them here since im very intrested about how the playerbase would like to see how bosses will work. mainly because there is so much qq on the forums about some bosses to easy, to hard, buggy, not scaling will gear content whatever.

ill start this off, here goes:

tank hp pool in this tier around 90k
    melee dps pool around 50k
    caster/healer pool around 40k

dps ratings, boss hp, add hp -> no information at all yet about these in cataclysm, thats why i skipped
    information about healthpools/dps scaling. Note that the intent of this encounter is an insane enrage timer,
    scaling difficulty think as 23 manning lich king heroic on 25. this first because of the overwhelming qq on to
    easy hardmode encounters in wrath of the lich king well lets kick their ass than :P

Zikash the starbender.

this fight has 2 phases, takes place in a square room with a podium style place which has a short stairs

special statistics:
    to make it a little gimmicky, he will have 70 resistance to every school of magic damage
    his armor will be proportionally (40-50%) higher than previous bosses in this dungeon
    he will melee roughly for 60k on plate every 1.7 seconds
    imuun to taunt.

phase 1

at pull (2 seconds delay) he will place a debuff on the tank (first threat) that does 8k fire damage per 2 seconds, every 8 seconds (4 debuff ticks) the damage will be doubled. so it goes like:

8k 8k 8k 8k 16k 16k 16k 16k 32k 32k 32k 32k 64k 64k 64k 64k, the damage treshold stops at 64k and will tick for 64k every 2 seconds.

the debuff will have a duration of 18 seconds and its aplication will not be resistable or removeable in any way.
    the debuff itself however is affected by resistance.

every 60 seconds, he will cast (7seconds, yes long, so cast begins on 53s after previous) similar to onyxia an aoe
    that will affect the entire raid exept for the tank. this Fear cannot be removed by any means but racials and
    pvp trinkets. this fear will last for 7 seconds(yes long) and damages for 10% of ones health every 1 second.

every 25 seconds between fears he will cast a shield on the tank called "focus of my anger" making him imuun to
    "thunder from the skies" but increases physical damage taken by 20%. and decreases magic damage taken by 10%.
    will last for 10 seconds.

every 30 seconds between fears he will cast a spell named "Thunder from the skies". (3 seconds cast) this spell again will affect the entire raid exept for the tank which should be shielded by "focus of my anger".
    this ability will cause around 55k aoe damage to the entire raid (yes 55k on every member), and will happen in order:
    after 30 seconds of the initial pull he will cause 55k Arcane damage,
    after 1:30 from the pull he will cause 55k fire damage
    after 2:30 from the pull he will cause 55k frost damage
    after 3:30 from the pull he will cause 55k shadow damage
    after 4:30 from the pull he will cause 55k nature damage
    after 5:30 from the pull he will cause 55k holy damage
    and after 6:30 from the pull he will cause 55k Physical damage

every 10-20 seconds randomly troughout the fight there will spawn sparkling orbs randomly on the ground (2-6) each time (go rng!), they will blow up (7 seconds cast) for 25k holy damage in a 20 yard range leaving a debuff on the ones that get caught in the explosion that will increase magic damage taken by 3%, stacking up to 5 times.

if someone with 5 stacks gets hit once more he will explode for 20k aoe holy damage in a 40 yard range and killing himself in the blast. the 1-5 stack debuff will remain after death, has no duration and will only be removed after zikash dies.

after 6:30 (after he casted "Thunder from the skies") phase 2 begins.

Phase 2

In this phase he will no longer puts a debuff on the tank, will no longer cast fear, will no longer cast
    "Focus on my anger" and will no longer casts "Thunder from the skies"

Instead, hell breaks loose. The sparkling orbs on the ground will spawn more rapidly as in 2 orbs per 5 seconds and will
    blow up faster (4 seconds cast). the orbs no longer cause debuffs in phase 2.

also zikash will melee for 40% faster and does 40% more melee damage.

Adds:

2 adds will spawn on either side of the room, these are descendants of ragnaros and are fire elementals, they will melee for 50k fire damage. these adds (both) have 2 aura's on them that ticks for fire and holy damage every second if they are at long range from each other. they spawn at 80 yards range and will start to tick
    for 7k from each debuff individual debuff. the closer they get the lesser the aura damage will be, and can be lowered to 1k damage each tick if they are within 5 yards of each other.

every 10 seconds 1 of the adds will cast "privilege of fire" which will cause an explosion of 30k fire damage to
    the raid if the casting add is within 20 yards range of the other add.

this phase will only last 1 minut until 7:30. he will casts a spell (instant) named "Hammer of the gods" which will indeed Hammer your entire raid for 200k physical damage and will continue to do so every 5 seconds till everyone is dead.

this is the "Hard" enrage timer. which could be prolonged by a couple of seconds with imunity`s or shieldwall cooldowns.

this encounter would not be deemed much impossible imo, it would just require paragon or ensidia a 6 weeks of wipes

Re: design your own boss encounter!

A little too insane if hes hitting 2/3rds of the tanks HP in damage every 1.7 secs o_O

Deleted

yes, i carefully designed it so that it would be KICKASS, and not like lol3wipes and down btw algalon did pretty much the same damage in his content did he :P but with the nerfs to healing coming in cataclysm this would be major!

Loot Pinata

It's exactly what it says it is. However, you have to bring it down like a pinata - with sticks! First your characters are blindfolded so they can't see the boss, then are spun around to be made dizzy, and finally you swing wildly in the direction you think it's in!

Is the thunder from skies instant?, if so it will most likely kill a member except an offtank

Impossible, to quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by nicci
    (...)
    at pull (2 seconds delay) he will place a debuff on the tank (first threat) that does 8k fire damage per 2 seconds, every 8 seconds (4 debuff ticks) the damage will be doubled. so it goes like:

8k 8k 8k 8k 16k 16k 16k 16k 32k 32k 32k 32k 64k 64k 64k 64k, the damage treshold stops at 64k and will tick for 64k every 2 seconds.
    (...)
    every 60 seconds, he will cast (7seconds, yes long, so cast begins on 53s after previous) similar to onyxia an aoe
    that will affect the entire raid exept for the tank. this Fear cannot be removed by any means but racials and
    pvp trinkets. this fear will last for 7 seconds(yes long) and damages for 10% of ones health every 1 second.
    Unless i missed something this means that if he cast his first fear your tank will die: 7 seconds fear means the tank takes 3 ticks of the debuff, which at this point will have reached the 64k tick. you stated that tanks will have around 90k health, but while your whole raid is fleeing your tank will take 3x64 = 192k dmg. Unless its your intention to let tanks die during the encounter (which i would find a flaw) this encounter is not do-able in this setting.
    Originally Posted by Bashiok (Blue Tracker)
    Psshhh. Like I would actually bother reading a thread.

tanks should likely have Atleast 300k health to stay reasonably alive

Ofc in cataclysm health pools will be higher but healing is nerfed down so these kind of fights will be impossible, healers just cant heal that much.

Edit: Didnt read that nicely about healing pools of all members.. But still, tank health pool being 90k isnt going to work.
    Moonguardi, 80lvl balance/resto druid
    Rolzun, 80lvl Frost dps/Blood tank DK
    Raiffol, 80lvl elemental shaman pvp
    Rolkundo, 70lvl pre-bc BM hunter
    Raifol, 70lvl Arms warrior
    Sairasta, 60lvl twink DK

Deleted

This encounter is more than imbalanced... A few questions to consider.

Lets ignore the fact that the unresistable ticks of damage from the debuff will kill the tank the moment it hits the first 32k mark. That is: 32k debuff tick + 60k melee swing = 92k. Unless your healer can manage to get more than 62k healing on the tank in 2.4 seconds time.

How much health does this boss have?
    Is Phase 2 a mandatory phase?
    Could this boss be killable in 6:30 minutes?
    Caster/healer pool is 40k. 40k what? (I am assuming mana.)
    More importantly, how much HPS do the healers put out?
    What is your raiding setup? ie. 10 man. 2 tanks 3 healers 5 DPS? More? Less?

There's a thread buried deep in this forum by someone who did some very deep theorycrafting to create a bunch of raid-style boss encounters. It might be useful to check those out if you want to design an encounter.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Tripl
    Impossible, to quote:
    Unless i missed something this means that if he cast his first fear your tank will die: 7 seconds fear means the tank takes 3 ticks of the debuff, which at this point will have reached the 64k tick. you stated that tanks will have around 90k health, but while your whole raid is fleeing your tank will take 3x64 = 192k dmg. Unless its your intention to let tanks die during the encounter (which i would find a flaw) this encounter is not do-able in this setting.
    rotate cooldowns and for the 64k ticks, that is not suppoost to happen, the intent should be an offtank to somehow mass threat, hunters md and rogues trick, to push his agro so far to have him tank before the debuff ticks for 32k. and yea rotate cooldowns for the fear aoe

i made this boss taunt Imuun, and yes, that fact makes it very dangerous and hard

to the other one, yes i talk about 40k healthpools, with 55k damage on every school, one should be forced to have 1 or 2 disc priests to have shields up which would absorb the 10k till 50k, and the intent is resistance gear, 1 of each piece to reduce the aoe damage further. for the remaining schools, like holy and psysical damage every single raid members would require to use additional cooldowns

and yes, hunters or specs that have zero -dmg reduce cooldowns would be fucked indeed. thats why its HARD

I need to mention few more facts about how is this encounter impossible. quoting this from the OP:

"melee dps pool around 50k
    caster/healer pool around 40k"

And:

"every 30 seconds between fears he will cast a spell named "Thunder from the skies". (3 seconds cast) this spell again will affect the entire raid exept for the tank which should be shielded by "focus of my anger".
    this ability will cause around 55k aoe damage to the entire raid (yes 55k on every member), and will happen in order: "

You see? All the dps and casters+healers Will die, unless they have enormous amounts of armor, all resistances and everything. It just wont work.

And:

phase 2 happens and boss hits for roughly 85k dmg almost every second. If tank has 90k health.. no chance, and healers should use their biggest heals all the time and that isnt intentional, just like blizzard says. Healers shouldnt use their biggest heal every gcd, they will oom too soon and stuff..

You should read more about blizzards plans about healers heals.

edit: you mentioned about this, but still, if you are forced to use class CDs that are 2min long, they wont survive the next one, and priest shields just cannot absorb that much, ever.

One more thing about healings, healers are supposed to heal tank fully in 3-4 GCDs, so it would need like 3 healers to keep the tank topped. This is what bliz wants from bigger health pools. And you are probably assuming healers are healing for 50K or something.. (more is needed for tank still on your encounter)
    Moonguardi, 80lvl balance/resto druid
    Rolzun, 80lvl Frost dps/Blood tank DK
    Raiffol, 80lvl elemental shaman pvp
    Rolkundo, 70lvl pre-bc BM hunter
    Raifol, 70lvl Arms warrior
    Sairasta, 60lvl twink DK

(I signed just so say this) Actually the idea with a boss encounter like this aren't bad, but:
    The game meant to force you into "Bring the player, not the class" which you broke thanks to for example Hunters not having dmg reducing CD.

There are 3 way to make a boss encounter ridiculously hard:
    Over tunning it (what you actually have done)
    Making shit loads thing happening at the same time (Making the human brain explode from all the input)
    Making it completely fucked when it comes to RNG so you just have like 0,0001% chance to defeat the boss thanks to a RNG factor

So what you should do:
    Nerf the encounter.
    Tunning should never be done with out having serious therocrafting to back it up, or by actually try the ting out, seeing what numbers that work.
    To make the fight harder just let more stuff happen at the same time, like the fire in Firefighter. But don't over do it as it will make the fight impossible for the human mind.

Honestly...I miss fights that weren't hard because the bosses hit hard, but because it was involved. I mean The Eredar twins in Sunwell, M'uru in sunwell, Kael'thas and Lady Vashj and pretty much anything from vanilla. I wouldn't mind seeing a fight similar to Hex lord in ZA where you have 4 adds and the boss active at the same time, but with a stat decreasing ability like he had. I found encounters like that where you had to choose to kill and control rather than just burn and survive. There is no thought left in most bosses. I mean the boss encounter mentioned while it shows some thought being put into it, shows no real thought on a player's part to win. Just heal through shit. A boss encounter that would make me happy would be something like...KT meets KT (kel'thuzad and kael'thas) where you have an add phase, but its only 4 specific generals/advisers/minions that you must defeat before the Main boss (except to make it more difficult add in a timer until the main boss activates and joins the fray) however make each add cc'able. It will definitely return to player vs class since there are enough people to cc one mob without diminishing returns fawking it up. I'm sure I'm not the only person to miss HARD encounters that had a specific strategy but also required thought, skill and a moments notice change in plans.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Nexxar
    So what you should do:
    Nerf the encounter.
    this would never happen in world of niccicraft, hard boss is hard.

awesome if ensidia wiped on it for 4 months

Hard encounters don't need to be hard in they way you made this one hard... Not nerfing your boss is like doing Patchwork in all blues instead of doing Firefighter V.1/M'uru V.1 in the gear the top guilds did them with.

One would be nearly impossible if you haven't got a luck streak.
    The other one is possible but requires you to be damn good at the game.

Both of them are hard as hell but which one would you prefer to do fun factor wise??

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Valleera
    There's a thread buried deep in this forum by someone who did some very deep theorycrafting to create a bunch of raid-style boss encounters. It might be useful to check those out if you want to design an encounter.
    i will check it out tomorow, if anyone knows a link would be apreciated ofc

Deathwing, the Destroyer <Aspect of Black Dragonflight>
    50,000,000 HP (10 player)/ 150,000,000 HP (25 player)

Phase 1: Raid fights the few adds working on a Dragon Soul relic. The raid must defeat the adds beforee Deathwing lands. His wings will be firing ash, causing 5k fire per 2 seconds to everyone until he lands.

Phase 2: (adds all dead) Deathwing fights like normal dragons, cleave 150% damage, melee 60k, flame breath 50k, tail swipe. Cause a flamestrike for 500k when it goes off on 1/3 players in raid. Has a focused assault, attacking 4 times / second for 3 seconds, doing 20k each hit (can be avoided, etc). Phase ends when Deathwing hits 90% health.

Phase 3: Deathwing picks up the forged Dragon Soul and begins firing cutting lasers chasing 2/6 players in raid for 20 seconds. Lasers start at edge of boss platform, and head directly towards the player. This attack causes siege damage and will destroy parts of the field. Phase lasts 60 seconds. Wing fire debuff continues in this phase from phase 1.

Phase 4: Deathwing lands and begins attacking again. Every 20 seconds, he will activate a flight within the Dragon Soul, spawning an elemental of the specified color to attack. Channels and is not attackable while elemental is alive. Lasts until Deathwing hits 70%
    Blue: 50% slow on movement speed
    Red: 2000 fire/second
    Green: Chance to be rooted in place for 4 seconds
    Bronze: Periodically stuns all targets for 2 seconds
    Twilight: Every 10 seconds spawns 3/9 void zones randomly, exploding for 500k aftere 3 seconds

Phase 5: Deathwing flies up high to attack Ysera, Alexstraza, Nozdormu, Kalecgos, Neltharaku and their respective drakes. Throws Dragon Soul to the ground. Has a chain lightning, shadow blast, flamestrike, entangling roots, eye beam, and 180' Dark Gaze (like C'thun). No aggro table. Phase 6 starts when Dragon Soul is destroyed or 180 seconds after phase 5 began.

Phase 6: Everyone gains debuff Desperation: You deal 200% more damage, but take 100% more damage. Healing is not affected. Retains all phase 2 abilities as well as a 20% damage bonus. every 15 seconds, spawns 10/25 void zones under players (everyone) that explode 500k after 3 seconds. Flame breath every 30 seconds. Flame breath will one shot any tank, so cooldowns must be used and tanking rotations. Phase 7 begins when Deathwing is at 20%. Desperation ends when phase 7 begins.

Phase 7: Deathwing enrages for 30% more damage 50% faster. Floor resembles heated metal, dealing 2000 fire/second to everyone. Every 2 seconds, he throws out a line of fire. 2 seconds after the line is drawn on the ground, the whole line explodes for 500k fire. every 15 seconds he will cast another of these every 2 seconds, until this covers the whole area and will wipe. Spawns void zones, flamestrikes, and volcanos which spawn 2/6 fire elemental adds.

This is my idea of what Deathwing MAY be like, something ridiculous like that. And yes, I put way too much thought into this lol

Quote Originally Posted by Darkelementz
    Phase 7:
    I appreciate you want to make it hard, but 7 phases?! Most people would probably get sick to death after the first three phases. Especially if they wipe on phase 5-6.

I find those optional Heroic bosses, like Amanitar and Eck, to be something every dungeon should have.

Inner Kingdom: Bonus event for AN Heroic

After the group kills Anub'arak, a switch appears in the middle of the platform. If the switch is pulled, the platform starts to crack and fall apart. The barriers are still up at this point, which means the platform is inescapable. Soon, the platform collapses completely, and the players tumble towards their certain doom...

Or do they?

The players land in a small pond not far beneath the platform, at the center of a circular room. Through a path, they enter a large, square room with the floor tiled in 5x5 squares and an entrance chamber. (Those of you that have played Frozen Throne; if this reminds of you something, you are right.) At this point, all players recieve the Overwhelming Frieght debuff that disables jumping. This cannot be dispelled or removed in any way until the encounter ends. As soon as a player touches a nearby switch, the path leading back to the pond-chamber is sealed off by falling rocks and the encounter starts.

The 5x5 squares turn out to be elevators, moving up and down on four different levels (with very little difference in height, but the debuff makes a significant difference.) every twenty seconds. A platform only moves one step at a time. The boss of the event, a Faceless One similar to Herald Volazj in appearance, is only reachable through a doorway on the far end of the room, at the top level. Coordination is key: the group must find their way across the shifting floors and reach the door. When a platform reaches the bottom level, one of two things happen:
    • If the platform is next to a wall, a doorway in the wall will open up and two-three adds will come out. These must be dealt with swiftly, as they can easily amass if a lot of platforms reach the bottom. The upper limit for adds in the room at any given time is eight.
    • If the platform is in the middle, spikes will appear through the floor and impale anyone standing on it, including adds, for a sizable chunk of their health.
    At least one person in the party must reach the exit and use the switch there: all elevators will be raised to the top. Overwhelming Freight is still in effect. The players fight off whatever minions remain, and enter the next room where the boss encounter begins.

Doomsayer B'razn - Boss Encounter
    B'razn has 440,000 Hit Points.

The party emerges into a large, circular room with a staircase leading up on the other side, sealed by a barrier. B'razn stands in the middle of the room.

The Doomsayer has two abilities.

Weight of the World: Every five seconds, and at the start of the encounter, all players within 30 yards of B'razn gain a stack of Weight of the World, which can stack up to ten times. Every two seconds, the players take shadow damage equal to 5% of their maximum health for each stack on them.
    Death Pressure: When B'razn's Hit Points go below 80%, 60%, 40%, and 20%, the Death Pressure ability triggers after five seconds, placing two stacks of Weight of the World on all targets within 30 yards.

When B'razn dies, Overwhelming Freight and all stacks of Weight of the World are removed.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

Quote Originally Posted by levitate
    I appreciate you want to make it hard, but 7 phases?! Most people would probably get sick to death after the first three phases. Especially if they wipe on phase 5-6.
    Well when the fight is meant to last roughly 12 minutes, its not as bad as Lich King which runs around 13-15 minutes over 6 phases. Also phases 1 and 2 are very simplistic and quick.

Imagine this damage as current-time damage, obviously damage will be different in cataclysm but we don't know how different.

a some 5 minute cinematic event (only on the first pull, after a wipe, he can be called down instantly, 50 attempts per week, even on regular)
    ^ After both nefarian and onyxia have been defeated AGAIN... the raid rejoices, enjoys the fat lewt and members whisper each other arguing about how DKp is bullshitting them...blah blah

a timer counts down, 15 minutes... this fight starts without consent of any raid member, it starts exactly 15 minutes after both Nefarian and onyxia die. *at the end of the fight between nefarian and onyxia, any raid member that did more than 400,000 points of damage to either gain a debuff, "Bloodbathed", that coats them in the blood of the dragon that they damaged.*

Deathwing the Destroyer
    209,700,000 Hp

Obliterate Life - 15 second cast. Targets random raid member affected by "Blood of Nefarian, and begins a cast that will inflict 950,000 shadowfire damage to all raid members within 900 yards of the affected player, but regardless of immunizing effects, the player will be instantly killed, taking triple armor durability loss.

Emberstorm - fiery embers rage around the mountaintop, dealing 20,000 damage to everyone in a 15 yard radius of where each lands. If hit by emberstorm, the players will recieve a debuff that will cause 3,500 fire damage to them for every step they take.

Inferno - The area is slowly filling with magma, the heat applies a stacking debuff that reduces casting and movement speed by 20% for each stack. If it 5 stacks are reached, it will be undispellable, and the affected raid member will Pass out. These stacks will only affect about half of all raid members at a time, and tick once every 7 seconds.(useless for the entire fight form that point on)

Destroy - Deathwing raises his arm up high, and slams his claws down onto the raid, causing instant death. Unavoidable damage. (Death by this causes triple armor durability loss) triggered by enrage.

Claw strike - Repeatedly attacks a raid member afflicted with "Blood of Onyxia", each dealing 55,000 damage as melee and fire damage.

Phase 1:

Every member of the raid gains an unavoidable debuff, "Frozen with fear" that freezes them in place as the mountain begins to rumble violently. *The entire raid cuts to a cinematic. It would go something like this: The room starts to rumble violently and several holes in the floor appear around the room, the ground has collapsed. Two enormous glowing eyes open at the latter end of the room, and they illuminate the wall, revealing that it was the head of deathwing that had blended in somewhat with the wall *barely noticeable during the fight, but if you looked hard enough, you'd notice it was deathwing's head, asleep* He begins to pull his head up, causing the wall to collapse. The camera pans back, displaying every angle of him as he lifts his wings and roars, completely obliterating the top half of the mountain, leaving the raid in an open space, on a mountaintop facing this fucking 950 ton dragon. His roar calls down a rain of fire, and the scene switches to a scene of garrosh walking out of his throneroom and looking to the sky, making his 'angry garrosh' face as he sees the emberstorm from far away.. or if you're alliance, ..greymane.. wrynn..? whoever the alliance leader is then. i don't care xD. Anyways, the fight BEGINS!

"With one flick of my tail, this land could be annihilated 10 times over.. yet... you'd throw your lives away... trying to stop -ME-? ... and for what?... .no matter.. This is already over."

(Frozen with fear debuff switches to Fight or Flight, increasing energy, and mana regeneration by 150%, as well as 150% movement speed)
    Deathwing will randomly target a random raid member affected with the blood scent of Nefarian, and begin a 15 second cast.. an anormous fire ball that will shoot toward the raid member and if it reaches him, explode, coating the entire room in shadowfire, dealing 950,000 damage to all raid members within 30 yards. 15 seconds is all the raid has to deal 1,000,000 damage to Deathwing's head to stop the cast. In the case that the cast is stopped, no damage will be dealt. =Upon stopping the cast= "Annoyances... why prolong your fate? resistance. is. FUTILE"
    Deathwing will cast Obliterate Life every 25 seconds, in between casts raid members will have to dodge Emberstorm's hits and make sure the stacks of inferno never reach 5.This will continue until Deathwing is at 80% health.

Phase 2:
    "Still.. you live? Still... you push on?... No matter... this ends now..."
    *At this point, raid members' Fight or Flight debuff changes to Thrill of the Fight, increasing physical damage by 30%, and casting speed by 30% as well.*
    Deathwing Takes flight, a flurry of enormous boulders flying down toward the raid as he rises up. raid members must avoid these boulders, for if they are hit they will take 25,000 physical damage and be knocked back 70 yards. Anywhere a horizontal boulder lands, raid members will be able to run up its length and no longer gain stacks of Inferno; the boulders are roughly 18 yards in diameter, whereas the vertical boulders are roughly 20 yards tall and are un usable as platforms for the raid. At this point, deathwing will begin targeting raid members affected by "Blood of Onyxia", and attacking them with his claws. the boulders scattered around the room will serve as a shield for this one person, and that person must run behind an un used boulder to shield himself from Deathwing's claw strikes. Deathwing will claw them any number of times, but as soon as the affected player has 5 claw strikes absorbed by the boulder, the boulder will shatter, instantly causing 85,000 damage to anyone within 30 yards of the boulder. This means that the player hiding behind the boulder will instantly die unless given pain suppression, bubbled, ice blocking, etc. Meanwhile, out of the lava will spawn Surging destroyers, Fire elemental-like creatures summoned by twilight cultists, who are far too high up in the wreckage to be damaged (these cultists will also cast shadowbolts at the raid, dealing shadow damage that is completely manageable by raid heals). The Surging Destroyers are much like the mobs in VoA, and must be killed before reaching 10 stacks of their self enrage, and if they DO explode, they will instantly affect anyone within a 10 yard range with 3 stacks of inferno, regardless of whether or not they are on the boulder. This phase is basically just managing the marked player, dpsing destroyers in time, and making sure to dps Deathwing as hard as possible.
    Melee will be unable to attack deathwing, however - ranged will be able to dps him the entire time. It is up to the raid leader to decide of only melee will kill lava surgers or not, but the lava surger will have 2,100,000 health and gain one stack of his self enrage every 5 seconds. Phase ends when Deathwing reaches 45%.

Phase 3:

This should be the last phase and it'd be really nice if I could come up with something for it, but I really don't know much about lore. so it'd probably be a dissapointment