Weapon Enchants Advice

Looking for some level 80 raiding type enchants for my daggers, standard Mut spec as you see above in 3.3 post. Notice it didn't say anything about enchants for the daggers, and i can decide which would be better. Berserking (sometimes increases attack power by 400 but at the cost of reduced armor) or Mongoose (Occasionally increases agility by 120 and attack speed slighty.).

Or if there is any other enchants i am missing? Or even have one of each? But then it would be the case of what enchant on what weapon, main hand or off hand?

Re: Weapon Enchants Advice

Double berserking is best. If you don't have much money, trouble making money, or replacing daggers soon, go mongoose.

Quote Originally Posted by Gxz
    Double berserking is best. If you don't have much money, trouble making money, or replacing daggers soon, go mongoose.
    Wouldn't 50 AP be enough if he's replacing the daggers soon?
    On my realm, old mats are quite expensive aswell
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrilina
    Do we girls get an E.B.O.O.B.S. (Equipment-Based OverpOwered Best-in-Slot) number?

I can reccomend checking out this page; http://shadowpanther.net/enchantments-pve.htm#Weapon
    But yes, Berserking on both or Mongoose, would be my choice too.

Quote Originally Posted by Anelya
    Wouldn't 50 AP be enough if he's replacing the daggers soon?
    On my realm, old mats are quite expensive aswell
    Well 50ap if mats are expensive/hard to get, but Mongoose is sparkly

since we are on the subject
    i jsut got some new piece of gear increesing hit by 130 and dropping haste by about 50 , and now haste has high value EP for 1 gem ... after that AP takes lead again
    but , even before these changes aldriana's spredsheet was suggesting mongoose instead of berserking . However if i selected it my estimated dps was showing with about 50 less
    how come mongoose has more EP but berserking still gives better estimated dps ?
    wired ...

Quote Originally Posted by shumo
    wired ...
    Very wired.

But what about all the other bits that come with agility, like bit of crit etc. But then again i guess those stats wouldnt be active all the time anyway hmm

Quote Originally Posted by Fóbidden
    But what about all the other bits that come with agility, like bit of crit etc. But then again i guess those stats wouldnt be active all the time anyway hmm
    you have to understand that the EP weight of agi takes its increased ap AND crit into account. Agi is generally around 2 EP whereas AP is exactly 1 EP. So berserking is the easy choice just doing simple math (not taking uptime and proc chances into account). 400 AP proc = 400 EP > 120 Agi proc = approx 240 EP (plus whatever haste it provides)

Quote Originally Posted by shumo
    since we are on the subject
    i jsut got some new piece of gear increesing hit by 130 and dropping haste by about 50 , and now haste has high value EP for 1 gem ... after that AP takes lead again
    but , even before these changes aldriana's spredsheet was suggesting mongoose instead of berserking . However if i selected it my estimated dps was showing with about 50 less
    how come mongoose has more EP but berserking still gives better estimated dps ?
    wired ...
    This is the nature of a spreadsheet. It will do simple calculations to compare two different enchants based on their EP values and uptime. However, they model it in comparison with your overall dps ONLY when you actually choose the specific enchant. In other words, choose the one that increases your OVERALL dps when you select it, not necessarily the one that the spreadsheet "reccommends" based on EP.

Hope that helped

*Edit* -- clarified a few things

Quote Originally Posted by Gxz
    QFT. double berserking is nasty. you get a very nice dps boost when both proc, and berserking procs often.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by stressball
    I can reccomend checking out this page; http://shadowpanther.net/enchantments-pve.htm#Weapon
    But yes, Berserking on both or Mongoose, would be my choice too.
    I can recommend *not* looking at that page if you're intent is to completely min/max your character and output the highest DPS possible. Your best bet would be a spreadsheet, and the spreadsheet will almost always say 2x berserking enchants.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying
    Your best bet would be a spreadsheet, and the spreadsheet will almost always say 2x berserking enchants.
    Except in my case, where it says 2x Mongoose, and then when I switch to Mongoose on the SS, it switches back to Berserking why must you tease me so.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm
    Except in my case, where it says 2x Mongoose, and then when I switch to Mongoose on the SS, it switches back to Berserking why must you tease me so.
    if that ever happens, look at the actual dps number of 2x mongoose, and then of 2x zerking. They may say to switch, but one dps WILL be higher (and it will probably be berserking by quite a bit anyway)

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Orionsoliara
    if that ever happens, look at the actual dps number of 2x mongoose, and then of 2x zerking. They may say to switch, but one dps WILL be higher (and it will probably be berserking by quite a bit anyway)
    I'm assuming the spreadsheet thinks that Mongoose is better because it's counting the AP I get from Berserking, then once I lose Berserking (and thus lose AP), Mongoose isn't as good anymore. I'm right on the tipping point. Dual Mongoose (Mongeese?) comes out at about 6 DPS less than Berserking, which I don't overly care about.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying
    I can recommend *not* looking at that page if you're intent is to completely min/max your character and output the highest DPS possible. Your best bet would be a spreadsheet, and the spreadsheet will almost always say 2x berserking enchants.
    Well, if you just want a page that gives you the enchants and what they do and cost, it's a great page. At least IMO.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Yes, but shadowpanther's not necessarily accurate. It uses static EPs, and with different gear, the value of different stats changes. It's great for gearing up or for the casual player, but not optimal for those interested in maxing out their DPS.