Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: New disc priest needs help in arena

I recommended gemming stamina and resilience because that's what an inexperienced player should do.

200 extra haste won't save someone who just stepped into the arena, doesn't know which abilities to expect from which classes, doesn't know how to time his own spells and who doesn't know how to use the sorroundings.

2000 extra life and 100 extra resilience, however, may make a difference in a game between equally inexperienced teams.

Gemming haste or spell power is all about min/maxing, something you won't be doing until you've reached a decent rating (>1500).

Yes Exactally.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

Still not convinced for even one second. If you enchant every piece of PvP gear you have (I counted mine for example, I have 10 gemslots) I'd get 150stam/100resi from 10x stam/resi gems.

100 resi decreases an attack on you by about 1,5%. Wich means an attack for 5k will do about 75dmg less. And you'll have 1500hp more. Wich means you'll not survive a white swing more than before barely.

It's exactly the same with spellpower, 100 spellpower does not make any difference on your heals, it'll give 45dmg more absorb on your PW: S.

Haste and mp5 for everyone DOES make the difference. Does not matter if you are a noob or not. Do you have a resitrinket, 5/5 furious and honor offset pieces you Will have high stam/resi/sp enough to survive, gemming stam/resi will not make any difference for a beginner. A beginner also knows that he/she should press penance, pw: s and flash heal or greater heal. The only difference is that he can dish out these heals faster if he has haste instead of maybe surviving another white swing with stam/resi.

Shockk: Don't pull stupid numbers out of your ass. 200 haste? From having hasteoffset pieces, wrathful/relentless, and gem haste, you'll have about 500-600 haste easily, together with 6% haste from talents that is so freaking much it's insane. If you seriously don't see why it's better I am not really interested in arguing this with you any further since you just don't know how things works then.

If you do no understand why 1500hp and +Res is better for a person who is always in the wrong spot at the wrong time and getting hit when he shouldn't then you should not be helping a person who from his own posts admits that he does not even know most of the spells comming at him,if they are poly/stun/Incapa/sleep/root. He is not even in half PvP gear you are not going to help him by sugesting that he gears like the pros. He is not a pro, he does things he should not, stam and res will give him a buffer to live through situations where he might just get blown up.

When he is a pro then show him how to min/max. Untill then he needs to know how to live long enough to press more then 3 buttons, especially in 2's.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

Hey I would also like to ask a few questions, I tried asking in AJ but to know avail

I bought 4/4 Relentless 251 Satin as I was originally doing 5s and i thought that mana would be a non issue. Should I replace 251 stain with 251 Mooncloth ASAP? Would there be any reason especially at higher levels to stick with satin?

My other gear is most of the 264 pvp offset, like 264 Trinket, neck, bracers, ring, cloak. Also have quite alot of good PVE pieces. I play with with a warr and double disc in 3s (yes i know double disc is probably bad) but while we're not aiming high we do want to put up a good fight.

Gems question: So if I'm confident of what I'll be doing should I be gemming in this priority?
    Red: 10sp 10 haste (reckless)
    Yellow: 20 haste
    Blue: 10 haste 15 stam or 10 haste and mp5?

Addons Question:
    Is there any addon that tells me how much mana I mana burned off someone or got burnt for?

Use mind blast instead of smite when you are in the open against locks/mages etc to not get locked out of holy school.

Satin is not good for Disc. Mana will be a big issue for you even if your going Mp5 Offset pieces or Gems. Get 4/5 mooncloth and 1 satin if you looking for more crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumsnut
    Shockk: Don't pull stupid numbers out of your ass.
    Awesome; if you want to word your argument in a more convincing way, just insult the other person.

Previous posters have seconded my opinion; I'd just like to add that I'm not saying that haste is worthless. I'm saying that haste is a stat you actually have to balance your actions and spellcasting around for it to become useful - casting stuff faster doesn't help you if you cast the wrong stuff. More survivability, however, will always contribute to save your life.

It's alright if you disagree, and I'm sure the OP will learn how to PvP just as well if he gems for haste. But he'll have an easier time in the first few games if he does it with more HP. And please, don't insult other people in your posts. It doesn't add to your "e-street-rep"; it just makes you look immature.

Okay, i know this is lazy and shit, but i read up on a lot, but still unsure which stats are superior in my current gear

I'm currently playing:
    2v2 Priest - Mage
    3v3 - RMP

So based on my current gear, what should i gem for? i have JC so should i make 34 haste gems with all my JC gems?

And what items should i aim for?

How should i reach the Hit and SpellPen cap?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ill&cn=Nephite

I'm currently farming honor with friend and trying to get the rest of my relentless offsets

Thanks in advance

PS. The Satin items are from VoA, i got Furious Mooncloth Leggings, but i'll wait for a second for the 2pc bonus

If you are just starting out then you should try reading http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-priest/(priest)-guide-starting-to-play-disc-in-arena/

Especially in 2's where it is unballanced as hell.