Page 1 of 2
LastLast

10man Professor Putricide help

My group is having a difficult time getting past 10man Putricide at the moment. I'm looking how to best help our dpsers maximize both their potential dps and dps uptime here as I'm certain that's the issue we're having. This group I'm talking about is casual-serious, we have a balanced lot of range/melee dps, and both our healers/tanks outgear ICC10 in general pretty well.

What ends up happening in p2 is that we get behind on slimes/clouds and people die. I think we have the dps for this fight, it just needs to be more efficient. I've seen different strats for positioning, and I'm seeking what you think is the best surefire one. We've yet to even get to p2 without having to first kill a gas cloud in p1.

Given the following set-ups for p1 when the green slime drops, which do you think is most effective? It's a given that currently the slime will not die before it hits its target 99% of the time. We advise the range to switch immediately to it, and advise melee to wait until it chooses a target to engage it.

Position 1:

Position 2:

Position 3:

I like Position 3 as it lends itself to maximum uptime for DPS and requires the least amount of movement. We've played around with all three positions, this was the first week most of our DPS has even seen the fight so I'm sure it takes some getting used to. I've done it different ways while both healing and dpsing, I just want to make sure we get into the correct habit from the beginning.

What say you?

Re: 10man Professor Putricide help

i dont quite understand your drawings, but this is how we do it, same tactics managed to pug it 25 man.

Just stand where the green slime spawns till phase 3, the time the slime take to choose a target is alot of time for dps to nuke it.
    the hit doesnt rly matter from it since if all the dps run to the target and spread the dmg it hits for is nothing.
    on brown slime just wait for the target keep standing where the green usually spawns and when the brown has choosen a target go kill it and then back to boss, if you have cleave classes, you can kite the boss to the brown add and follow it till it dies.

Yeah, our group as well stands where the green slime spawns for all of P1 and P2, on green slimes all dps switch immediately, on brown slimes ranged switch as soon as it is up, and as soon as it has a target melee run to it from PP and burn it down. Rinse and repeat. We generally have the slime at about 66% by the time it even chooses a target by having the melee and tank all stacked on where it spawns. As the previous poster noted, even with just the melee dps and tank on top if it if one of them is targeted they will still live. Another thing you can do is if you have rogues, have them use Feint right before it explodes, as they will only take half damage from the explosion, and when the transition phase happens your mages can invis and become immune to the tear gas, while Rogues can vanish and avoid being stunned, thus allowing them to dps the add while the Professor RP's.

With the strat of having everyone stack on the green slime spawn point, is there ever an issue with exploding gas bombs' damage combined with the green slime explosion?

I don't get your diagrams either but you shouldn't be moving much at all until phase 3.

For phase 1 and 2, tank putricide right on top of the green slime spawn. Green slime goes down fast and if it blows up its fine because its surrounded by everyone and damage is nothing. The only exception to putricide's placement here is in phase 2 when he spawns the exploding flasks on the ground, move him away a few seconds before he spawns them, then once they're down, bring him back to the green slime.

Whoever is kiting the orange slime should time it so that the slime dies right at putricide's feet so the melee are right back where they should be.

Right before phase 3 starts have the tank drag putricide back to the front entrance so dps has extra time to dps him as he runs back before he starts putting stacks on the tanks. Move putricide clockwise around the edge of the room and have all dps stand behind him.

Bloodlust at 20%

????

Profit.

As both Naked and Kitare says, That tanking the boss nearly the green slime spawn point (to prevent vials spawning on top of the green spawn point) is the optimal way of going about this encounter. When the brown / orange slime spawns make sure the person controlling the abomination slows it asap. once it has a target melee can start dpsing it, Ranged should ofcourse swap instantly.

As for how you get behind on the pool of slime I dont know. It seems like a rather easy job to suck up the slimes as you dont actually have to be in melee range of the oozes that spawn to slow them. Simply suck up the pools as soon as they appear. Slow the Oozes when they spawn.

Hope this helps.

/tjaffe

2 ppl made accs to help and not flame? zoooooooomg

Just stand left of the door at the wall (thats south right?) and when the green ooze is dead move north (opposite side) and stay there till it's dead. Then move back south, asuming that there will be an unstable experiment shortly after that.

If your ranged ppl are getting hit by malleable goo that could explain the failing part, same for orange goo/melee.

In last phase the easiest way for us is to kite him around the walls.

We just move him to the side if he drops vials on the spawn point, them move him back when they are gone, same with the ooze puddles. You're dps shouldn't be in the gas vial clouds anyway both to avoid taking explosion damage, and to avoid the 75% hit reduction debuff, which cripples dps. We also have the range spread out more in the center of the room to distribute the Malleable Ooze to people who can dodge, if you have everyone in melee range that can get a little hectic.

I would strongly suggest against any kind of moving in P1 or P2 unless you are standing in something bad or moving to dps the brown, everyone should stay piled up by the spawn point of the green ooze.

Quote Originally Posted by PriestLuna
    With the strat of having everyone stack on the green slime spawn point, is there ever an issue with exploding gas bombs' damage combined with the green slime explosion?
    Putricide's tank watches the timer on the flasks, our tanks generally move the boss ~20 yards in a straight line toward the door has him drop the flasks over there, then kites the boss back. Flask timer should never line up with add spawns in my experience. I think you were referring to the orange flasks anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

As a thought on P3, also when we people say "kite him along the walls" I would advise taking that to mean: "hold him still until shit spawns under him, then move him out of it", and not "RP walk backwards around the room with the boss".

Quote Originally Posted by Kitare
    As a thought on P3, also when we people say "kite him along the walls" I would advise taking that to mean: "hold him still until shit spawns under him, then move him out of it", and not "RP walk backwards around the room with the boss".
    If only our tanks had this much sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

I took a fresh tank in last night who hadn't seen it, and when I said "kite him along the walls" he started backing up, which is fair, there might be some new mechanic that forces that, but in this case there isn't.

Heh sorry I guess for nobody understanding my pics. I don't get what's so confusing about them? It's just a snapshot of the room, with ideal positions for the raid at the time when the green slime spawns. There's even a legend, what's so confusing lol?

So, to clarify, with another picture...you recommend our set-up looks like the following when the green slime spawns:

Is that about right?

Yeah, more like that. I would literally have the tank and boss standing on top of the spawn point for the green ooze, having the tank eat some of the knock back is helpful because they have a lot of hp. We also use a 3 healer approach, I notice you guys are only running two, based on that diagram. I also would rotate the ranged so that instead of being by the wall they are in the middle of the room, and thus in range of the brown oozes spawn point so they can start attacking immediately without having to move.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitare
    Yeah, more like that. I would literally have the tank and boss standing on top of the spawn point for the green ooze, having the tank eat some of the knock back is helpful because they have a lot of hp. We also use a 3 healer approach, I notice you guys are only running two, based on that diagram. I also would rotate the ranged so that instead of being by the wall they are in the middle of the room, and thus in range of the brown oozes spawn point so they can start attacking immediately without having to move.
    I see.

With three heals, I fear we'll have an issue with slow DPS. Our DPS is already pretty average to begin with, albeit slowly increasing each week (if only mail pieces would stop dropping everywhere lol). Plus, healing isn't really that rough on PP. I could see with this strategy though if things go wrong and the green slimes gets two hits off it could wipe if people are brought back up quick enough.

kk, so...sorry about the pics btw but I'm bored and I find it helpful, this is what we should have with 2 healers:

*EDIT*
    Do you recommend ranged collapse on the green slime hit? Or stay where they are in the center. With 3 ranged, and 5-7 people soaking the hit were talking what? Maybe 12k damage to those hit? It seems logical for ranged to never move in p1 & p2 unless targeted by goo/orange gas cloud, correct?

The best way to do this encounter in my opinion is to have the tank position putricide on the opposite side of where the slimes/clouds spawn, this gets more time to dps the adds and get them down before they explode. With the clouds, if they get close without dying have the kiter run the cloud out of the group so you have a little more time to dps it. Both adds should die really quick.

So ultimately, your tanks should be doing this.

Start fight, tank where the gas cloud spawns, wait for slime to spawn, once the add is down move to the other side of the room, avoiding the bombs he throws out. Gas cloud spawns, kill it, once its dead move him back over to the gas cloud side, and wait for the next slime to spawn. Repeat until phase 3.

If your abom is doing their job they should be able to slow every add.

Try not to push Putricide into phase 3 if their is an add about to spawn or already up.

In phase 3 all your tanks need to do it kite around the walls of the room, moving whenever something drops, be it slime pools or gas bombs.

This strat minimalizes raid damage (more time until adds explode) at the cost of having to move alot, which isnt a big deal at all.

Er, with everyone piled up on 1 spot doesn't malleable goo thrash everyone in p2?

We use a minor variation on 25m (and 10, I guess): Putricide and melee are still right by the green spawn point, but we put ranged in front of his table at max range of both the green and orange slime spawns. So since everyone has different max ranges you get sort of a line of DPS going up the centerline of the room. Ranged and melee can still target switch instantly to oozes, but the green won't always target someone right on the spawn point and blow up your raid.

Quote Originally Posted by jontaxe
    Er, with everyone piled up on 1 spot doesn't malleable goo thrash everyone in p2?

We use a minor variation on 25m (and 10, I guess): Putricide and melee are still right by the green spawn point, but we put ranged in front of his table at max range of both the green and orange slime spawns. So since everyone has different max ranges you get sort of a line of DPS going up the centerline of the room. Ranged and melee can still target switch instantly to oozes, but the green won't always target someone right on the spawn point and blow up your raid.
    Goo only targets ranged people, and possibly it's just the picture but I'd have range in the center of the room as well at max range. It's just my picture shows them in the center by the entrance door, whereas you're talking of having them by the table in the back. Same thing really. I think we're on the same page, and we would be set-up the same as you're talking about, just having our ranged by the entrance opposed to by the table.

*EDIT*
    Although, I see a benefit in having ranged DPS and healers opposite of each other to help with clustering for malleable goo. So, heals and DPS probably split up, one group on the table side and one group on the entrance door side.

Yeah, that picture looks right, and if you can manage with 2 healers definitely go for it, we just found that 3 was more stable since the green might target two people in melee in quick succession. We also do not have the ranged collapse to the melee, but if the green ooze targets a ranged all the melee and all the ranged collapse onto it, the melee because they have to stay with it to dps, and the ranged to ensure that the person survives.

Hi there,

My guild just downed Putricide 10 man for the first time last night.

-We used 3 healers. We only had 1 melee dps.
    -The flasks are easy to avoid, just have your tank kite the boss away.
    -It is extremely important for your abom to eat all the slime and slow the goos. Priority: Slow Goo>Eat Slime>DPS Goo
    -The most important part is to enter phase 3 with no goo up and no slime on the floor. This is easily doable by having a melee stick on the boss while the final slime (usually orange for us) goes down. DoTs still tick when Tear Gas is cast, use this to your advantage. If you go into phase 3 with a slime up, it's usually a wipe.
    -During Phase 3, our tanks traded at 3 stacks and kited him along the outside, only moving when slime was on melee. It's adviseable that your ranged and heals try to stack so you don't get slime thrown into the kite path.
    -I've created some diagrams to help you with your setup.

Edit: can't link the photos here, so here's links:
    http://img175.imageshack.us/i/greenslime.jpg/

This one is likely confusing, but pay attention to the color coding and the key in the lower left.

http://img72.imageshack.us/i/orangeslime.jpg/

Feel free to reply with any questions or issues you may have.