Boomkin gear check please

I stopped playing when ICC was released and was wondering how my gear will stack up now when I reactivate in a few days, thanks. Also what are the best way to spend the first Frost emblems I get.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Phosphates

Re: Boomkin gear check please

You'll be able to pug an ICC10 run and get some more gear, your gear is good enough to do that. 25s, wait until you get some frost badge gear and some gear out of 10.

Do not listen to the poster above. You will be perfectly fine in ICC25. Assuming you will pug, and the pugs only get usually first 4 and maybe fester/rot, you will be fine in ICC25. Just do both and go for T10 with your badges, get the shoulders first, or you could get the idol first, either or.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Your gear is fine for the easy (first 3) bosses in ICC 25. For Saurfang, it would depend on the rest of the raid and how close to the max DPS you can support for your spec, especially given that you will be switching targets frequently.

If/when you can, you should upgrade to 4X T9 instead of 2X T9+2X T8, since they nerfed the 2X T8 set pretty hard a while ago. If you think you can get 2X T10 instead that's a bigger upgrade even for the 10 man level gear. Should be very easy to get trophies and you probably already have a ton of badges saved up (and you'll be getting a lot more doing dailies, if you choose to, to get frost emblems).

I would not even consider getting the idol at first. It's a very minor upgrade for crit rating, although it should have closer to 100% uptime.

You also should really consider getting rid of the Talisman of Volatile Power trinket. It's exceedingly bad, any trinket which has either an on use/proc spell power or a permanent spell power bonus is going to be better for your dps (yes, even the Ilevel 200 badge trinket).

I wouldn't worry too much. With heals moreso than any class, skill and awareness matter more than anything. I'd venture to guess if you have the skillz you could icc25 easily and go as far as the guild you're in goes.

First 4 bosses are incredibly easy and are pugged easily, however, better done with your guild as you won't have to deal with the noob wipefest, emo quits and "look for more" thing.

I don't see how his gear cannot be acceptable for Saurfang 25. That is the gear that most moonkins would have worn into ICC when it first came out (with the exception that 2p 2p got nerfed).

Like the poster above said, try and get rid off Volatile. It's quite possible the nevermelting ice trinket may be better (from H POS), so try to start running that when you reactivate.

I personally think the first thing you should go for is 2pt10 with frost badges, the idol should be one of the last things on your list.

Also, consider getting the craftable boots and legs if you have the gold for it.

Don't bother with Nevermelting. It's awful. The 40 badges EoH trinket is better than that and Volatile, and you probably already have it considering this is not an old toon. Ditch the tier 8, especially since tier 9 shoulders and gloves are few badges, and since you have an awful gem in your current shoulders anyway.