Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: Why we get badges from raids

Quote Originally Posted by javice
    and [Heroic] tier gear is suppose to be special and rare, not to see it on every person in game
    Fixed.

this is wotlk, not tbc ....

and tier gear is suppose to be special and rare, not to see it on every person in game
    Why is it supposed to be special and rare? Explain that? You get your tier items from raiding much faster than others do, plus you get upgraded versions so why is it you need to be the only one with it?

Also, did you not do Naxx/Ulduar when WotLK was first out? Still requiring token drops to get your tier items and competing with 1/3 of the raid for it was a pain in the ass, not to mention a waste once everyone got their tier sets making the tokens completely worthless.

i lold, what you are saying is .... bad gear = not experiencing the game /facepalm
    Bad gear = you can't do ICC, meaning you're not experiencing the entire game.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&cn=Chimaria

People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.

The thing is also, that you could do ulduar in 200 gear, and you could have easily done ToC in 219 gear. You can't really do ICC with full 232. A VERY special raid could pull it off maybe but you still need to do at least some 25's / heroic modes before you are really ready for ICC. Working through heroism badges through naxx through ulduar through ToC through ToGC to get into ICC would have been a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrakin
    And they got free epics.

And though there was some forum QQ they kept on getting free epics because frankly, one does not argue with Thy Awesomebear. Not over pogs, anyway.

And this is why we get free epics every patch.
    So apparently the truth is classified as QQ? Either way you look at it, any badge gear 245 or lower is just a bunch of free epics.

Sure, they might not be the best epics by any means, but free epics are free epics. I fail to see how this is QQ.

They should not have made emblems so readily available like this. The entire reason for the different tiers of emblems in the first place was to not allow fresh 80's to walk up and skip two and a half tiers of raid content. What was the point in making different emblem tiers to stop this if you just make the first three of five obsolete by the end of the expansion?

Yes, it was a bad idea in my opinion to allow Triumph to drop from heroics. The system should have been Triumphs from the ICC heroics, Triumphs from the heroic daily, Frosts from the weekly (which should not have only consisted of faceroll bosses) and Conquests at the most from all the other farmable 15-minute heroics.

Honestly, I hope in Cataclysm they bring back the sense of progression. I think they should keep the badge system, but toned down to the point of the faceroll heroics dropping appropriate-level badges, or MAYBE a tier or two above.

And no, the sense of progression is not here to anyone that has not been raiding since the beginning of the expansion. And even if they didn't hand out free epics, progression could hardly be called hard.

In fact, there's no real reason to allow players to get ANY epics from running heroics over and over again in Wrath. Naxx is a joke, it's been puggable since the DPS threshold was 2.5k. Uld was slightly harder, only good pugs could run it. VoA has been giving extremely puggable up-to-date tier gear since the beginning of the expansion. Sarth, Ony, and even Maly were puggable. ToC was a joke, and even ToGC was pugged with success frequently. And now ICC is going to be puggable when the ridiculous buff reaches its maximum. There's really no reason to complain about the content or the difficulty of getting gear when comparing this to the puggable raids in BC (which was Kara pre-3.0) and especially to puggable classic raids (UBRS?)

RNG can suck so badges are at least steady progress towards something, allbeit annoying if you then buy something the same as, or similar to said drop just before it actually makes its appearance.
    Badges give options also, not everyone will want the same drops since gear/spec/and other factors will vary the demand for something, even in the same spec.
    If you object to the badge system towards gear, then that is easily resolved.
    Dump them into saronites/orbs/gems and rely on the drops only and let the rest of us appreciate what is certainly a much better system.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceazyface
    So apparently the truth is classified as QQ? Either way you look at it, any badge gear 245 or lower is just a bunch of free epics.

Sure, they might not be the best epics by any means, but free epics are free epics. I fail to see how this is QQ.
    It's not just a QQ, but proof that some people are actually morons.

It's not free epics if you spend time to get your badges. It's working for some compensation. Do you understand the concept?

Claiming that doing easy content gives 'free' rewards is equal to doing easy job, let's say flipping burgers or sweeping floors is free money. Well, is it? Do you get the money for doing nothing on easy job? Do you?
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

You do.
    If you say 'plz' because it's shorter then 'please', i will say 'no' because it's shorter then 'yes'.

The only problem with badges, imho, is that everyone look the same. Which maybe isn't a problem because then you can spot the "true raiders" and their epeen can grow a little bit more than usual.

Deleted

I believe it's time for a response to all the "OMG QQ" posts in this thread.

I did NOT intend to start a mindless flamefest about whether or not the current system is fine or not, or whether epics are free. I used the wording "free epix" because that is basically what the anti-badge community is whining against. This post was merely intended as a creative way of poking fun at both the OMG BADGES YAY community and the QQ Free Epix camp. If I came across as whining about badges, then the point of this thread has been missed.

where is ma tl;dr version op?

+ lvl 80 Resto Shaman, 80 Warri, 80 Rogue

Casuals...god, hate coming from everywhere.

One type of retarded casual, is the one that actually BELIEVES that "free epics from vendor" is actually going to make Casuals (yes, because they don't know they're talking about their same species) "zomgwtfepic geared", they're just going to give them standard "almost-fine" gear. NOTHING more.