Thread: Expose Armor

Expose Armor

So I was reading the patch notes for the new version of the PTR and was thinking. Do any rogues still use Expose armor ?

I know myself I generally don't think of it when I'm running in say a 10 man without a warrior tank. I was also thinking of a way that they could allow rogues to apply the debuff without cutting into our rotations or seriously affecting our dps. Do you think it would make sense for Blizz to modify the Expose armor debuff to stack expose armor like sunder and tie it to the application of deadly poison. Thus giving a ramp up time to get to the full stack of the armor debuff.

A few issues I could see going this route would be:
    1) could be OP in PVP even with a buildup
    2) People wouldn't take the glyph in favor of a glyph that will increase their personal dps over Raid dps.
    3) is a useless glyph if you have a warrior in your raid

Just something to think about but I was wondering what other people though about the ability/idea

Newho

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Expose Armor

Unless you've got 2 pally tanks, you always will have 2+ physical classes in a 10man raid (yourself+non-paladin tank). At 2+ people benefiting from the sunder debuff, you'll always see a raid DPS increase by keeping expose up. This is *much* easier to do as combat, and the glyph isn't even necessary. As mutilate it's a tad complicated, but your standard glyphs will for sure show more DPS than the EA glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying
    This is *much* easier to do as combat, and the glyph isn't even necessary.
    why?
    mut has an open glyph "kinda", and much faster CP generation

But yea that glyph is completely useless on 25, but on 10s if your raid has a lot of very physical intensive classes/spec, its worth it, lets say MM hunter, combat rogue, warrior. and thats pretty much it (i think), other classes are half magical

I just re-read my original post and think I mis worded it. I think it could be interesting if a new expose armor glyph let you maintain the expose armor debuff on the mob just by maintaining your DP stack. This would allow a onetime debuff to be added to the boss and maintained throughout a boss fight with little effect on either combat .

Another idea is you could do the envenom style approach where sinister strike and mutilate allow you to refresh the stack to it's maximum amount.

Newho

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cetlysm
    why?
    mut has an open glyph "kinda", and much faster CP generation

But yea that glyph is completely useless on 25, but on 10s if your raid has a lot of very physical intensive classes/spec, its worth it, lets say MM hunter, combat rogue, warrior. and thats pretty much it (i think), other classes are half magical
    The rDPS of TotT glyph is irreplaceable, whereas the EA glyph gives virtually none. It's easier for combat because halving your envenom uptime is brutal on your dps.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Yes as combat is is much easier and you really don't need to glyph for it, but if you do then replacing your evicerate glyph is the one you should be replacing. I mayself have not done it yet but will be giving it a test run to see how much if any dps loss there will be by switcing the glyphs.

As to what the OP is tryign to say yes I agree that would definitly be a nice addition for rogues. Although I can see people that pvp crying about it being OPed but there are alot of other things in this game that are not balanced either and you can't please everyone.