Thread: ICC BUFF Change

ICC BUFF Change

Icecrown Citadel

* Strength of Wrynn and Hellscream's Warsong now also boost the effect of damage absorption spells.

I am thinking that this will make Incasters viable on atleast a few fights, that is if it works with our shields, also I wonder if this would make mana shield drain less mana per soak or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    Yes, yes we are. Beakfest(sic) and personal hygiene mean nothing in the face of an xpac. Having a job is overrated... Game or die.

Re: ICC BUFF Change

Quote Originally Posted by Tjacu
    Icecrown Citadel

* Strength of Wrynn and Hellscream's Warsong now also boost the effect of damage absorption spells.

I am thinking that this will make Incasters viable on atleast a few fights, that is if it works with our shields, also I wonder if this would make mana shield drain less mana per soak or not.
    The way I'm reading it :
    - About incanter's absorption, it will make it 5% more efficient. If it's not viable, it will remain that way. If it's mediocre/half good, chances are it will be moderately viable. If it's kida viable, it will be viable. 5% will not make a huge difference anyways.
    - About Mana Shield, my guess is, it will remain unchanged except if will absorb 5% more total damage (ie a 1000 shield becomes 1050), but consume 5% more mana as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

well, ofcourse not at 5%, but I'm thinking ahead here for when it hits 30%, and maybe even at 15%+ it will be another small buff that might make it viable to use, remember that I said might, but yes it all deppends on how it will work, and if it will work for us mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    Yes, yes we are. Beakfest(sic) and personal hygiene mean nothing in the face of an xpac. Having a job is overrated... Game or die.

But the spellpower gained from IA is still capped. So no, not really.

No they are removing the cap in the next patch.

And they are removing the ability to get spell damage from PW:S and other absorb effects which were really what was making the talent so good.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rurikar
    And they are removing the ability to get spell damage from PW:S and other absorb effects which were really what was making the talent so good.
    Exactly, come 3.3.3 most mages will specc out of IA simply because of the fact it wont proc of PW:S, Legendary mace and various other absorb effects.