SoC methodology?

I'm sorry but having played a warlock for a semi short time at 80 I have felt my way of aoeing on my warlock is best but i could be wrong.

Why not just use seed of corruption on one mob in an aoe pull and have other classes aoe set it off on that mob.

vs

Tab target soc spam.

Also in raids where the aoe won't proc before the next one hits why not just load up target with dots and pet and soc spam.

Seems much easier and better to me.

Thoughts?

Re: SoC methodology?

Tabbing = no wait time between casts.
    Your dots < multiple SoC.

As long as there is enough dps to set off your seeds before your next one can get there you don't need to tab target.

On a single target where there is focused dps, then spamming soc on the same target might not be doing much damage to that one, but will be doing a lot to anything else in the immediate vicinity.
    On general aoe, then just tab target/cast soc spam.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Maybe i should rephrase this.

The trap trash as an example in the plagueworks.

~10 mobs.

Spam soc on 1 aka less hastle (for same dps?)

tab spam soc aka more hastle (for more dps?)

Deleted

I tab target, but that's mainly because I'm still used to it not hitting the target it's actually on when it detonates, tab targetting would slightly reduce your TPS without hurting you DPS.

Nowadays though (since it now deals damage to the "host"), it doesn't really matter as long as the seed is detonating almost instantly anyway.

I think it also looks cooler if the explosions aren't all on the same spot, looks more natural.

In a raid there's generally no reason to tab target, in a hero a lot of the time there will be. In a hero I generally tab through a few mobs spamming SoC then start using rain of fire to proc them all. It tends to get me agro though, so be careful with that.

In your example, tabbing shouldn't get you any higher dps than spamming it on one target. There should be enough aoe from other raid members to proc your first seed before the 2nd finishes casting.
    Quote Originally Posted by shags
    you cant parry spells but you can dodge them ...

i can out cast seed blowing up on alot of things... so i tab. and in icc you tab on vile spirits.... on marrowgar we stack in melee so fire only hits tanks.. and thus spikes are in range so i aoe on those as well

on trash mobs, i've been casting soc and then rof, and clipping (if soc goes off) to cast soc again... but i should be spamming soc?... i'm destro...

In raids I tend to just find our assaination rogue and seed his target, no tabbing. In 5 mans I tab target.

I find it much easier (because I am lazy) to just spam seed whatever target the melee are working over.
    What do you think about the season 7 shaman set?
    It looks like what would happen if one of those big rock giants from Outlands mated with Spiderman.

-monkeysnarf

Quote Originally Posted by Peepo
    on trash mobs, i've been casting soc and then rof, and clipping (if soc goes off) to cast soc again... but i should be spamming soc?... i'm destro...
    I am not sure which is best for destro (though I thought it was rain) but I do know you should just pick one and stick with it. If you are only using rain to setoff seed then you'd be better off tabbing to another target and spamming seed.

But it seems like when I was destro (for a very short time) rain of fire was better due to the talents that improve fire damage and no talents to improve shadow.
    It looks like what would happen if one of those big rock giants from Outlands mated with Spiderman.

-monkeysnarf

10+ Year Old Account

As far as i know RoF isn't affected by the fire improving talents... Or am i wrong?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Warlocks are hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravemstr
    As far as i know RoF isn't affected by the fire improving talents... Or am i wrong?
    I would assume it is affected by emberstorm but I don't have a large amount of knowledge on the destruction tree so I could be wrong.

-monkeysnarf

Quote Originally Posted by moode
    I would assume it is affected by emberstorm but I don't have a large amount of knowledge on the destruction tree so I could be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravemstr
    It is affected by talents, but numbers and simulations have shown that seed of corruption is superior in all trees.
    SoC > RoF, any tree anytime anyday.

(ninja modification for typos)

RoF works with all +% Fire Damage talents. That includes proc based ones. But yeah, that doesn't matter because even with all those talents seed is 40% or more better.

This is generally how I SoC in ICC 10/25:

*Show enemy nameplates, this is mandatory.

As Demon/Destro, Immo on several adds as soon as the tank pulls, as affli use UA instead of Immo and put a couple Corr's up on outer edge mobs.
    *Immo/UA is to proc 4t10 bonus, Corr is for the haste buff. Putting Corr on outer edge mobs to avoid later SoC overwrite.

Spam SoC on the mobs in the middle with lowest health, use mouse to select targets.
    *SoC in the middle is to make sure seeds hit all the targets, generally not a problem but very helpfull when facing caster mobs that are not packed up.
    *SoC targets with lowest health is to try to "delay" their death, ideally making all mobs die at the same time.

Aoe dps is hard to compare for many reasons, but I remember doing 28k in frost wing and sometimes goes up to 30k during fights as demon.

in raid soc same target no need to switch as there is so much damage floating around that they detonate immediately, in heroics i always tab as there is possibility to not get enough of damage before next soc lands