Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: Priest Masteries... Blizz got it right?!

Quote Originally Posted by Lellybaby
    Say they release Mastery in their pre-xpac patch about 1-2 months before we get Cataclysm. GL trying to do ruby Sanctum and Heroic Mode ICC with your gear that doesn't have any spirit on it.

The only reg you are going to have is from rapture and if they nerf/change that you are screwed.

Just buy tier pieces, since Spi will finally be useful disc, that bonus will be amazing between 4.0 and Cata release.

Say they release Mastery in their pre-xpac patch about 1-2 months before we get Cataclysm. GL trying to do ruby Sanctum and Heroic Mode ICC with your gear that doesn't have any spirit on it.

The only reg you are going to have is from rapture and if they nerf/change that you are screwed.

As mentioned above, you can pick up full tier 9 from the vendor.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    So the first mastery bonus(% increase in healing) is useless too since SP does the same time?
    The important distinction here is that Intellect (which will provide Spell Power in Cataclysm) is a primary stat and Mastery is a secondary stat. Every piece of gear will have Stamina and Intellect on it so, apart from gemming/enchanting, it's really nonsensical to compare primary and secondary stats. So the real question is how Mastery stacks up against Crit and Haste. Assuming mechanics won't change a lot, I can actually see Mastery being a very desirable stat for Discipline because it will essentially affect all of your healing either by improving PWS directly or indirectly improving Flash Heal and Penace through larger Divine Aegis procs. Compare that to Crit, which might give you more smaller DA procs but does nothing for PWS, and Haste which is nice but really most useful for tank healing.

I think Mastery will be a little bit harder to judge for Holy without some numbers, but I can potentially see it giving Holy some improved tank healing ability and possibly being pretty sick in heavy raid damage situations assuming it procs from CoH, PoH, and PoM. Barring some skewed numbers, I could easily see it being more desirable than at least Crit.

I am very curious as to what the shadow tree will look like. I'm getting excited.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow
    I am very curious as to what the shadow tree will look like. I'm getting excited.
    I hope we get a felhunter.

Well there is probably one thing we can be sure of.

Disc priests start picking up some spirit pieces, you're going to need them.
    Actually, the only thing you can be sure of is that you have no idea what to be sure of. You have no idea how Spirit will work/scale in 4.0, and you have no idea what other talents/masteries there will be, or what other gear choices you will have.

Dumb people need to stop taking examples so literally. You do it every time Blizzard gives any kind of preview of what they are thinking and then you freak out about it when it isn't how you imagined based on what they told you.... even though they ALWAYS tell you things are subject to change.

You have no idea how difficult Ruby Sanctum will be, and you will be geared out the ears from running ICC anyway by then, so chill out Chicken Little.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaTon
    Actually, the only thing you can be sure of is that you have no idea what to be sure of. You have no idea how Spirit will work/scale in 4.0, and you have no idea what other talents/masteries there will be, or what other gear choices you will have.

Dumb people need to stop taking examples so literally. You do it every time Blizzard gives any kind of preview of what they are thinking and then you freak out about it when it isn't how you imagined based on what they told you.... even though they ALWAYS tell you things are subject to change.
    So, did you get any part of the info that Blizz has given out? Because they quite clearly, stated that all healers will need Spi, Spi is a healer stat, and that regen from Int will get hit hard(to make room for the budget for SP/reduce the idea to stack int for regen). So saying disc should be gathering Spi pieces is actually a valid point.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaTon
    You have no idea how difficult Ruby Sanctum will be, and you will be geared out the ears from running ICC anyway by then, so chill out Chicken Little.
    Wrong, we do have a general idea of what the difficulty is, which is similar to ICC. Now, when ICC geared, you'll do better than ToC geared, but pugs will probably have difficulty with it.

I missed it...why is spirit suddenly becoming important? obviously we get spirit based regen, but ...are they removing or nerfing replenishment?

ive been a bit outa the loop recently with exams
    http://files.me.com/sureshk/j0r7w6

They're nerfing all int based regen, and might have to change how much int 1 point of int gives. SO yes, Replenishment will probably be nerfed, or our mana pools will get hit.