Poll: What type of boss do you enjoy the most?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Favorite boss-type

I liked Archimonde by far. 1 person who fucks up and the raid is dead. Proberbly never PuG'able before next expansion. Only boss i ever thought was about team work instead of 25 people doing their own tasks well.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Favorite boss-type

I chose Survivability for obvious reasons, because they require skill, but I love tanknspanks too because they provide you with an opportunity to benchmark yourself as a DPS, which inflates your epeen past recognisable levels!

15+ Year Old Account

I like multi-mob fights, mostly because I've always had fun tanking "my" mob(s).

15+ Year Old Account

Survivability.

Mainly, because you can easily identify who the...less-than-average players are in your guild/raid rather quickly.

Plus, it keeps you on your toes, which is always good.

Have to say i hate mounted combat like none other.

My fav type of fight would have to be a split fight. As in yogg, thorim or fights like gruuls and void reaver where its mass spread out.

Loved void reaver and gruuls cause its a fight in a amssive room, fun to watch all the ranged and movement going on.

Kael'thas by far, personally I really felt as If I came into my own them fights, being one of only two ranged dps we had I loved the whole 'get them down before they reach you' stuff. Then that was only the beggining...

I remember the pain in the arse mana 'detonation' (I was Arcane at the time, which had severe mana issues, when everyone was FF/Totw!)

The most fun I've ever had raiding, have been against Old God's. Yogg-Saron and C'thun? Just hours and hours of wiping, getting the tactic, understanding every mechanic. C'thun was pretty much the only boss in Vanilla that required 40 people to actually do their job, instead of 10 and 30 people autoshotting. Yogg+0 is still a challenge with one of the biggest learning curves. Yes please.

I guess that would be... Multi-phase?

Mimiron hard-mode fits most of those categories at one point or another, and I believe it to be a work of art. Probably one of the only bosses that deserves wipes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    I would bring back people's inability to complain about how much better Vanilla was than everything after it, because it would be the only content available with nothing to compare it to. Let it go, Grandpa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post
    You see, if more people posted pictures of cats wearing clothes or generally doing funny things I would be much more accepting of peoples opinions.

Fights like Dreamwalker, where you KNOW Blizzard is gonna be experimenting a lot with boss fights come Cata.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&cn=Chimaria

People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.

HEALING DRAGON fight... as a healer I love it
    We dont stop playing because we grow old,
    We grow old because we stop playing

Would have to say that boss fights with different phases are my favorite. Often it requires a bit of coordination and communication, which is a test for any good raiding guild.

I love fights with alot of phases in it. Kael, vasjh, mimi and putricide.

But that does not mean i don't like other fights. As people have suggested already, fights that involves your raid to split up are very interesting, thorim, yogg, kalec.

And ofc, fights with shits loads of movement required. It shows how well you can tank/dps/heal while watching out and moving, a true skill test.

I also enjoyed fights like FL and Eragos (last fight in Oculus). But not a fan of the pony fight in totc5 and malygos p3. If blizz can make more vehicle fights like FL and Eragos, where people can choose what vehicle they want to be in and have multiple chooses in each vehicles, then I'm all for vehicle fights. If they have more vehicle fights like the ponies and maly then they better discard them rather then implementing them in game.

Fights where 1 mistake = death, are also cool.

Don't have a favorite type really, different encounters bring different experiences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Gunship. I know it's starting to wear thin now but come on. The first time you leapt over onto that ship felt badass. The first time you told a Priest to levitate someone who'd never done the fight before and watch them float to their death was even more fun.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.