Arms warrior Tanking Instances

So yet I'm leveling a warrior for the third time I just cant get away from this game. Alright so right now my warrior is level 66 and I been tanking instances in arms spec since the begging. Basically what I do is sunder TC cleave and spam and spam my 1 sec revenges I gain from arms spec and its feels as if im pulling good dps while tanking while also creating a shit load of threat. I tanked all BC with arms spec until 70 than I had to re spec prot.

While I know I'm a little more squishier than a tank spec warrior I enjoy the rage and tanking is really fun in this spec and I know for a fact I'm doing a better job than 95% of other leveling tanks who cant fuckiing tank in tank spec.

Now my question is will this be viable to tank level 80 heroics, I'm not asking about raids that's out of question but will I be able to do this in tank gear at level 80 I really love tanking in this spec it feel very dynamic and the revenge damage and 1 sec cd just owns hard.

Re: Arms warrior Tanking Instances

the simple heroics, yes. the harder ones (ICC), probably not. threat is not usually the issue there, survival is, especially at lower gear levels.

of course, if you die a UA/revenge build, sure you'd probably be fine, but straight arms spec...not sure that'd cut it.
    http://files.me.com/sureshk/j0r7w6

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ziomal
    So yet I'm leveling a warrior for the third time I just cant get away from this game. Alright so right now my warrior is level 66 and I been tanking instances in arms spec since the begging. Basically what I do is sunder TC cleave and spam and spam my 1 sec revenges I gain from arms spec and its feels as if im pulling good dps while tanking while also creating a shit load of threat. I tanked all BC with arms spec until 70 than I had to re spec prot.

While I know I'm a little more squishier than a tank spec warrior I enjoy the rage and tanking is really fun in this spec and I know for a fact I'm doing a better job than 95% of other leveling tanks who cant fuckiing tank in tank spec.

Now my question is will this be viable to tank level 80 heroics, I'm not asking about raids that's out of question but will I be able to do this in tank gear at level 80 I really love tanking in this spec it feel very dynamic and the revenge damage and 1 sec cd just owns hard.
    Not sure about dungeons or even arms to be specific. However the other night i had a fury warrior que as tank so he could get fast badges..he said since his GS is high he'll live he does it all the time...he died on the first pull. I ended up tanking for half the instance until another came (We kicked the fury warrior). I'm a rogue BTW; 45% dodge, and over 110% with evasion.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity..and I'm not sure about the the universe." -Albert Einstein

----------------CLICK SIGNATURE FOR ARMORY----------------

If you have a tanking set and are good, you'll be fine with any spec for heroics.

Depending on your gear levels doing the revenge spam build may not last into the 70s. You just end up taking a lot more damage and DPS ramps up a lot and they expect you to be able to AoE a bit better.

Now once the patch hits and you can cleave-venge everything while tabbing that could be pretty impressive. Hopefully it works out well, but just be prepared to pick up a real prot spec.

just don't be stupid and try to use a 2h (i've seen alot more of that with leveling right now on my server and its just plain stupid)
    TIRION: It is done
    RHONIN: I know it's done, I'm the d00d that did it
    TIRION: But without a lich king to chain it, the scourge will rampage across Azeroth, destroying all life, I am the only one who can bear this solemn burden.
    RHONIN: Because you did such a good job with the coliseum? I thought I fired your ass, Why are you even here?

I've fury tanked everything up to and including HoR on heroic in full DPS gear. Its possible if you have a very good healer and at least a rogue with you FoKing tricks to help get initial aggro. It boils down to the idea that if you have 4 people doing over 4000dps, then mobs just die before healing becomes a problem. holding threat is a non-issue as I wind up tanking heroics anyway just going as DPS. For whatever reason arms and fury pull a ton of threat.