Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Is the 4 piece set bonus worth it

I so enjoy watching myself and my mage counterpart's damage skyrocket at the beginning of fights that have bloodlust. 18-20k burst on recount, hubba hubba.

Yes it is worth it. Fun thing to try out if your arcane, join a bg, get the berserker buff, pop all cds... 30% damage from berserking, 20% from AP, 18% from 4 piece set bonus, and 20% haste from icy veins. you can't even get 4 AB off one target, they wont live, but if you get 4 from seperate kills and keep it.. well its a lot of fun ! Though u won't have the 20% from AP for long the beserking and 4 piece last for a while!

I don't think heroism stacks with any other haste buff. IE power infusion or icy veins.

Quote Originally Posted by akitty
    I don't think heroism stacks with any other haste buff. IE power infusion or icy veins.
    PI doesn't stack with IV
    (each being 20%)
    heroism does though

hence how it's easy to haste hardcap yourself these days

i regularly hit 0.997 cast time :P

PI and IV do stack (I think)

PI and Heroism don't

PI and AP don't

IV and Heroism do

could have been the shortest thread ever.

YES IT IS go get it.

The only thing i hate about this 4set is that Mirror Images drops the mages' agro while they are active. This really only becomes a problem on one fight, Rotface.

Pop the images right after the first person gets diseased, and it should be a little less than 30seconds before the next disease is put out. If you do get the disease while mirror images are popped, try to get your dispeller to wait until the images are gone to dispel, so that you won't lose agro when it spawns.
    It's okay, I'm just more evolved than the rest of you.

yeah I have the same issue, I actually pop them just BEFORE we pull but sometimes if I get the disease 1st I end up yelling for a taunt from the OT.

Deleted

It's possibly one of the most amazing set bonuses ever just a quick note on Rugz comment

PI and IV stack ..
    PI and AP do not .. most people pop AP with IV and people QQ that PI and IV don't stack when they never seem to realise AP is up ... AP = increase in casting cost and increase in damage IV = decrease in casting cost and increase in haste ... the game cannot manage and increase and decrease spell at the same time so it cancels out or.. " a more powerfull spell is active " Just FYI

Quote Originally Posted by Poldara
    It's possibly one of the most amazing set bonuses ever just a quick note on Rugz comment

PI and IV stack ..
    PI and AP do not .. most people pop AP with IV and people QQ that PI and IV don't stack when they never seem to realise AP is up ... AP = increase in casting cost and increase in damage IV = decrease in casting cost and increase in haste ... the game cannot manage and increase and decrease spell at the same time so it cancels out or.. " a more powerfull spell is active " Just FYI
    ah my bad

strange that PI and AP don't stack..a s one is damage one is haste

but IV and PI stack for a huge unbelievable haste increase?

ED:
    strange
    PI doesn't stack with heroism apparently? wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by flinchy

strange that PI and AP don't stack..a s one is damage one is haste
    i haven't noticed if they does since i'm fire :>
    ED:
    strange
    PI doesn't stack with heroism apparently? wtf?
    neither does IV, you get the "a more powerful spell is already active" if you try to pop IV during heroism
    Quote Originally Posted by cryo85
    Because the X-53 is cooler than the Homo Steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    [Banned] For trolling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    =======<()
    BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    You can't balance vuvuzelas.

IV and heroism do stack.

The reason PI snd AP don't is because PI used to increase damage by 20%.

I'd say the 4set is worth it. Popping everything + images = 33-36k AB spam.

The on demand damage increase is useful when shit hits the fan. Let's say on putricide you get a crappy transition phase you go invis and the rogues vanish. Pop images and start nuking the extra ooze. 2 rogues and a mage can probably get it to 50% hp or less. Or valkyrs on LK could be another example.
    Once a Hole, always a Hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Hole
    Or valkyrs on LK could be another example.
    Valkyr dps is not hard, it's more about directing them and not fucking yourself with defile. Cooldowns are much better saved for the second transition because raging spirits are assholes.

The bonus is worth it, yesterday I got rid of my gunship Captians Mittens from reg gunship battle and the 264 shoulders from reg deathwhisper. With those 2 pieces I was over the hit cap and could do around 4900 dps against the dummys and about 7500 in 10 mans that don't require movement. With the 4 set bonus I did around 5050 self buffed against the dummy and against XT 10 man last night for the weekly (forgot to enchant/gem the gear at the time) I was doing 9000 dps by the end of the fight. The bonus is definitely worth it.

oh god.... didnt read everything in this thread, but I have seen stuff like AB spam? oh god..... /camp + delete ur char => who made it!

AB is under ABMbarr rotation cos of the haste 2 set bonus.

AB spam was a little over but not anymore, now u pop every mbarr (at 4AB stack) asap when u can.

also seen 18% dam and 3% DK.

well idd its 1/6 but 18% is better cos when u pop up all CDs and add on it 18% dam = BL/hero + IV+AP+ (optionally trincket) is better than 3% dam with all Cd-s and 3% all the time.

All Cds out : 20% dam+ 30%+20% + optionally trincket= pure Op and imo 1 of the best set bonus in wow atm if not best.

Srlsy u make huge dam and u dont even make threat.... thats silly xD

Quote Originally Posted by Crazydam
    oh god.... didnt read everything in this thread, but I have seen stuff like AB spam? oh god..... /camp + delete ur char => who made it!

AB is under ABMbarr rotation cos of the haste 2 set bonus.

AB spam was a little over but not anymore, now u pop every mbarr (at 4AB stack) asap when u can.

also seen 18% dam and 3% DK.

well idd its 1/6 but 18% is better cos when u pop up all CDs and add on it 18% dam = BL/hero + IV+AP+ (optionally trincket) is better than 3% dam with all Cd-s and 3% all the time.

All Cds out : 20% dam+ 30%+20% + optionally trincket= pure Op and imo 1 of the best set bonus in wow atm if not best.

Srlsy u make huge dam and u dont even make threat.... thats silly xD
    Type real words more often, please. You deserve a suspension for that eye-bleeding nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd
    Type real words more often, please. You deserve a suspension for that eye-bleeding nonsense.
    Are u joking me? suspension because I dont use real words?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

^^ this

~4/5 uptime on 12% haste = OP as all hell
    3/5, or once yer casting <1.2's u can get 4/5
    your first cast does not benefit of the 2t10 bonus as u "interrupt" your am by casting a AB, due which that AB does not benefit off the 2t10 bonus, so, your 2nd, 3rd and 4rd AB usually have the 2t10 bonus (assuming >900'ish haste)
    Lokann ogar!
    /brofist
    lotharion: "inserting the Lich King as a scooby doo villain didn't exactly make him scary in the slightest."

Quote Originally Posted by therealpeni
    3/5, or once yer casting <1.2's u can get 4/5
    your first cast does not benefit of the 2t10 bonus as u "interrupt" your am by casting a AB, due which that AB does not benefit off the 2t10 bonus, so, your 2nd, 3rd and 4rd AB usually have the 2t10 bonus (assuming >900'ish haste)
    lol no
    if you interrupt your AM to cast the ab, you're not firing off the final missile (i've had to correct this myself) so if you're not benefitting from the proc you're SEVERELY gimping your DPS purely by dropping off that final AM shot... not to mention wasting a little of the haste proc.