Berserking (Enchant) and Berserk (Talent)

Ey there,

Couple days ago, I decided to reactivate my powerauras addon. I wanted to create an aura which shows me that Berserk (Talent) is up. The addon requires me to type in the buff name (Berserk), so I did, and I tested it out on a training dummy. But, apparantly, the weapon enchant gives a buff with the exact same name, so Powerauras would pop up everytime my enchant procced.. NeedToKnow has the same problem, as it works on a namebasis too.

Any fellow NTK/Poweraura users who found a solution to this?

Thanks in advance,

Grav

Deleted

Re: Berserking (Enchant) and Berserk (Talent)

From curse site:

Power Auras:

# By Global Spell-id e.g. [34860] (you can get these ids from Wowhead http:www.wowhead.com/?spell=34860 use the number in the URL)
    # Use the /powa showbuffs and /powa showdebuffs to list-out your buffs/debuffs (or any target) this will show Spell-Ids

NeedToKnow:

- Added support for SpellID, this will eliminate issues with duplicate buff names.

Never used Power Auras myself, but i guess for NeedToKnow you just gotta enter the spellID instead of buff/debuff name.

Thanks a lot man, both for the info and the fast reply!

Use Mongoose, it's better anyways.
    Protip: You don't need to add an apostrophe to make things plural.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsw
    Use Mongoose, it's better anyways.
    not if you are crit capped.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Any data to back this up? Rawr is suggesting Berserking, and Im seeing a lot of people throwing around things as facts, even though they're dead wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravage
    Any data to back this up? Rawr is suggesting Berserking, and Im seeing a lot of people throwing around things as facts, even though they're dead wrong.
    Rawr is suggesting Berserking at lower gear levels, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll

if you're crit capped from gear alone you re doing it wrong.

don't leave out that mongoose also gives AP and haste, both enchants are similar dps wise but it was generally stated that mongoose over takes zerking in high toc gear. also the crit cap of 77.8% is just for auto attacks, so everything else benefits from it

15+ Year Old Account

at these gear levels it's better to gem arp, hit, expertise, haste or even strength (if you capped arp-, hit- AND expertise- hardcapped and would blow the crit cap with a mongoose proc) than use berserking over mongoose instead.

Im at an average item level of 245, and berserking still outweighs mongoose according to my Rawr. Im googling around, and Im seeing a lot of discussion about enchants, but only one that puts forward Mongoose as a better enchant, being Feral By Night's thread, and although the thread creator obviously knows what he's talking about, his thread is also still talking about Ulduar gear, which means that even if he's right, it means that Mongoose would be better in top end Ulduar gear, which I have definitly passed. The Feral Druid BiS thread on EJ, however, says that Berserking is the end all enchant.

So could you tell me where you get this info from, or is it simply Rawr giving you different numbers than it's giving me?

My armory link is http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...gar&cn=Gravage, by the way, if its of any use.

15+ Year Old Account

If you are crit capped and still miss the ArP, hit or expertise cap, you're doing it wrong.
    If after gemming to reach the ArP cap, close in to over 70% crit, and make your attacks unavoidable, which takes almost all your gear, then Haste is the way to go, and Mongoose (which gives that) overcomes Berserk.

TL;DR: if you're using ICC gear, use Mongoose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.