Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

AV imbalance from front page

Alterac Valley imbalance

We have discussed this numerous times. Based on the data we've collected over the years after all of the changes that have been made to Alterac Valley, "we simply do not agree that there are any glaring imbalances" in the map favoring one side over the other enough to easily sway a match one way or the other. (Source)

I played horde for years before i changed to alliance, and i have to say the major big imbalance in AV is the bridge leading into stormpike/Van. Spent many an hour long AV just fighting on that bridge lol. if you want to balance AV, give each side a bridge they can defend on. Not a QQ post in any sense as i dont pvp anymore but this caught my eye this morning. Thought's guys?

Re: AV imbalance from front page

Quote Originally Posted by Swifteh
    Not a QQ post in any sense as i dont pvp anymore but this caught my eye this morning. Thought's guys?
    My thought is that this IS a QQ post as you are both QQing that you think there is an imbalance and also QQing that Blizzard has said that there is no imbalance. In addition to that, you went out of your way to make this post, which is a topic that has been beaten to death, even though you say you don't play any more. If that was the case, you'd stop crying.

I also have played in AV on both sides and I do not see a problem. Alliance have the bridge, which if unguarded poses no problem, and Horde have the bottleneck up the ramp, which also poses no problem if unguarded. If players are intelligent though, they guard these points, and they can both create a very nice barrier for the defenders.

Alterac Valley imbalance

We have discussed this numerous times. Based on the data we've collected over the years after all of the changes that have been made to Alterac Valley, "we simply do not agree that there are any glaring imbalances" in the map favoring one side over the other enough to easily sway a match one way or the other. (Source)

I played horde for years before i changed to alliance, and i have to say the major big imbalance in AV is the bridge leading into stormpike/Van. Spent many an hour long AV just fighting on that bridge lol. if you want to balance AV, give each side a bridge they can defend on. Not a QQ post in any sense as i dont pvp anymore but this caught my eye this morning. Thought's guys?
    I've played alliance side and have spent HOURS fighting at the small door leading to the double towers and then Drek. The path to the door itself is also horrendous. It is, by far, the worst bottleneck on the entire map and trying to fight through that defended by fully retarded monkeys is ridiculously tough.

That bottleneck is far and away better than a bridge that has a GY RIGHT at the start of it that horde can rez from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis
    I've played alliance side and have spent HOURS fighting at the small door leading to the double towers and then Drek. The path to the door itself is also horrendous. It is, by far, the worst bottleneck on the entire map and trying to fight through that defended by fully retarded monkeys is ridiculously tough.

That bottleneck is far and away better than a bridge that has a GY RIGHT at the start of it that horde can rez from.
    Quoted

For

Truth...

bitches...

Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis

Having played boths sides I can honestly say that both are ridiculously easy to defend if your team is actually willing to do so.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400
    My thought is that this IS a QQ post as you are both QQing that you think there is an imbalance and also QQing that Blizzard has said that there is no imbalance. In addition to that, you went out of your way to make this post, which is a topic that has been beaten to death, even though you say you don't play any more. If that was the case, you'd stop crying.

I also have played in AV on both sides and I do not see a problem.
    Way to go big man, there you sit like a coiled spring ready to pounce on poor unsuspecting posters. Anyway i was merely suggesting one thing that i personally have noticed in AV and and a remedy lol, im sure there are lots that others will say, but this is mine.....pah, nevermind >

10+ Year Old Account

Most of the Alliance in BGs suck, get over it.
    And people that are still QQing about it, faction change and you'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by comasutra View Post
    yes, Blizzard hates Jesus Christ
    Quote Originally Posted by suspendedstasis View Post
    You need to leave the house to actually meet people, sorry.

Way to go big man, there you sit like a coiled spring ready to pounce on poor unsuspecting posters. Anyway i was merely suggesting one thing that i personally have noticed in AV and and a remedy lol, im sure there are lots that others will say, but this is mine.....pah, nevermind >
    Actually, I had just logged on to check if there were any updates yet, and happened to see your post in the top as a new post, but whatever makes you feel better.

Your suggestion is the same one that's been said thousands of times before, it isn't original or new. Blizzard, the company that made the game, says there is no problem with it and they aren't changing anything.

As the other posters as well as I pointed out, there are ways the Horde can stop that are just as effective as the bridge, yet you don't seem to get the point.

There is no imbalance, you just suck. That's not just the words out of my mouth, but that's basically what Blizzard is telling you. No imbalance = you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Julex
    Most of the Alliance in BGs suck, get over it.
    And people that are still QQing about it, faction change and you'll see.
    Actually on my server they don't suck.They hate the honor grind so they just don't give a fuck about BGs.
    Most of them stay afk in cave farming the tower honor from AV to get their pvp gear for arena.
    Some don't even give a damn about any pvp and want honor for their gems.

I have seen very skilled Alliance players when they want to - they just think differently than Hordes and are more relaxed imo.

@topic: AV bridge is easily stormable by riding along it in huge numbers = end of the blockade.
    The same happens with the frostwolf bottleneck. We just ride past them, simply trampling on the defenders.
    No static defense can hold against this.
    If their lines are breached warriors / paladins can reach into clothies and then the chaos starts.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Deleted

Thought's guys?
    Your basing it on your own experience.

Blizzard are basing it on data collected over the last 5 years.

Blizzard wins.

Also, why start a new thread about something that's on the front page? Is there any point.

1) Mount
    2) Run past the bridge
    3) Attack Alliance/Kill Vanadar/Take towers/etc
    ??????????????????????????????
    PROFIT

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

These days, more than half the AV's I end up in just rush and tank Drek/Stormpike + adds.

15+ Year Old Account

For the love of god, yes this was a post of MY OWN thought and opinion, im not QQ ing and im not flaming blizzard lol. And as for posting in the first place? not everyone see's things first time round, and as i say i dont pvp anymore, therefore neither do i check pvp forums, i only posted this cos it caught my eye from the blue on front page and thought i would share an opinion. Jesus "H" christ on a popsickle stick :-\

Can a mod lock/remove/delete this thread please?

For the love of god, yes this was a post of MY OWN thought and opinion, im not QQ ing and im not flaming blizzard lol. And as for posting in the first place? not everyone see's things first time round, and as i say i dont pvp anymore, therefore neither do i check pvp forums, i only posted this cos it caught my eye from the blue on front page and thought i would share an opinion. Jesus "H" christ on a popsickle stick :-\

Can a mod lock/remove/delete this thread please?
    Did you even fucking read the replies until now?
    We just gave you the solution to your problem...two times.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by crayven
    Did you even fucking read the replies until now?
    We just gave you the solution to your problem...two times.
    I do not have a problem, i dont fuckin pvp anymore as i have said twice already. This was meant to be a thread were people could suggest their own personnal imbalances, instead its been derailed into farce.

I do not have a problem, i dont fuckin pvp anymore as i have said twice already. This was meant to be a thread were people could suggest their own personnal imbalances, instead its been derailed into farce.
    There was no personal imbalance however as it turned out , most people like it the way it is - and also gave hints on how to overcome your problem.
    Seems like a succesfull thread to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Grundy
    These days, more than half the AV's I end up in just rush and tank Drek/Stormpike + adds.
    Yup, they should find a way to prevent this because it's really not fun. If I play a bg it's because I want to pvp, not to rush a miniboss that doesn't drop anything.

In topic, on Cyclone EU alliance used to win most of AV, now I don't know as I don't play much and the only AV I played was a rush. In the lower brackets if the horde defends it's a 50% win ratio.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Brox
    Yup, they should find a way to prevent this because it's really not fun. If I play a bg it's because I want to pvp, not to rush a miniboss that doesn't drop anything.

In topic, on Cyclone EU alliance used to win most of AV, now I don't know as I don't play much and the only AV I played was a rush. In the lower brackets if the horde defends it's a 50% win ratio.
    There's even an achievement for doing this.

Deleted

LOL AV is the only BG alliance can win please don't take this away!

i transed from horde to ally to play with some friends.

i assume there MUST be some kind of advantage towards allys, we lose 90% of every other bg but do alright in AV - maybe its a supersecret buff blizz gives allys because we are so bad at battlegrounds