Thread: Aoe RP dump

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: Aoe RP dump=Corpse Explosion

Corpse explosions costs 40 runic power and is an AoE... just because you dont spec for it doesnt mean you dont have one.

Re: Aoe RP dump

Corpse Explosion's main issue lies in the fact that it requires a corpse.
    It's pretty bad for snap threat(Which I'm guess is the main issue here?) because by the time the first mob dies you won't need it anymore, and that mage is already a bloody mess on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Corpse Explosion's main issue lies in the fact that it requires a corpse.
    It's pretty bad for snap threat(Which I'm guess is the main issue here?) because by the time the first mob dies you won't need it anymore, and that mage is already a bloody mess on the floor.
    this.
    Except replace Mage with lock

Quote Originally Posted by tyden49
    this.
    Except replace Mage with lock
    You could replace it with any high AoE class who attacks too soon, really..
    Arms Warriors with Bladestorm for example..

Not to mention, corpse explosion doesn't work on all corpses.

The old Unholy Blight needs to make a return, but would require some balancing. Personally I think it should be a baseline ability that does low damage and high threat.

While DnD can be used multiple times in a longer AoE pull, it requires patience waiting for the 15(or 30) second CD to align with rune refreshes. Yes, it's do able, but is far from optimal.

The other option is to simple give us a copy and past thunderclap with an RP cost and some Death Knighty name, but that's just silly.

I think we should all just get a mini ghoul, which will attack for like 100 damage per strike and can't be targetted.
    With Corpse Explosion we can use our mini ghoul to explode and deal damage, a mini ghoul is summoned every 2 ticks of blood plague, however you can only have 1 active at a time.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

i think u shud stop QQing and enjoy the aoe abilities that you have. u can drop a 'consecration' anywhere withing (i believe) 20 yard range, u can keep 2 dots up on everything and u have blood boil for that bit of extra threat. i play both prot warrior and blood DK tank, and even tho my warrior has much better gear, my DK keeps better aoe threat.

I don't really understand the OP here to be honest.

What he's saying is that he's having trouble with snap-aggro WHILE he's AoE tanking on new incoming mobs.

Say you're blood, having D&D down and just used pestilence, and 4 more mobs are rushing towards you. You notice you don't have any runes up at the moment, what do you do?

- Blood tap, gives you a blood rune -> blood boil? Perfect snap aggro? Am I wrong? No i'm not.
    - Empower Rune Weapon - EVERY single rune back AND 25 RP, that is a dream.
    - If you have GoD or not, doesn't matter, just target an old target with the diseases still ticking, pestilence, and switch back. You just saved another D&D to use next instead of using 1 frost + 1 unholy for the diseases.
    - More mobs = more avoidance, you parry and dodge more. Instead of having an X% chance to dodge on one swing of a mob, you've got say 5 different swings = 5 chances to avoid an attack. Avoiding an attack means Rune Strike. Rune strike = sick threat. Tab target around and throw rune strikes on everything.

When you're AoE tanking ALOT of mobs, you will practically ALWAYS have a rune strike up to use on EVERY single swing. If you don't, you should gear up a bit more.

All in all, not to be rude, but tanking as a DK isn't tanking like a paladin, you need practice and you need alot of it, just practice more and how to handle situations, DKs are in a VERY good place at the moment in terms of balance and abilities. Both DPS and tanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier10101
    Yep, humans went around in those days casting balls of nature and stars at each other, and healing each other on the battlefield with thrown leaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Here's a tip for awesome AOE damage:

Get corpse explosion
    Raise a ghoul
    Select your ghoul
    Cast corpse explosion

This will trigger the ghoul itself to explode (rather then forcing a corpse to explode), dealing 25% of his total health as damage. It can crit.

This deals alot more damage then a normal corpse explosion. And since i've seen 26k+ health ghouls it will deal 6.5k in an AOE.

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=47496 for clarification.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~