Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ulduar 10 HM difficulty

Hey all,

Really just a quick question, tomorrow evening I'm taking a group of guildies through ulduar 10 hardmodes to get 310 % mount, we are all pretty overgeared with GS ranging from 5600 to 5900.. 4 out of 10 have done these hardmodes before. As I am one of the ones who hasn't, I am wondering if these are still challenging at all at current gear levels, or if we should expect some resistance. I've watched videos, and only firefighter and FL ones seem actually hard. My question basically is if any of the tactics can be considered obsolete because of nukability. You may assume we have top dps with.

group setup

disc priest (me)
    holy pala
    ele shaman (with resto offspec)
    dk tank
    warrior tank (with dps offspec)
    mage
    mage
    warlock
    dk dps
    warrior dps

Re: Ulduar 10 HM difficulty

My guild did just the same as yours and i must say all of them are easy with exception of Firefighter AND Freya if people don't know when to stop dps.
    FL is a joke, if your mates know how to stack Pyrite.
    You should have no major problems.

Not really, did a full U10 HM run in 2 hours yesterday.

We we're 3 people that never had done them before, a hunter that AFk'd most of the time.

Noneed to worry about freya, you can just zerg her like OS10, just have a range on the trees and she will go down really easy, just keep a MS up =P

Only problem might be your lacking replainsment.

Deleted

I guess the only thing that you can't zerg that well is Yogg+0, which you don't need for the mount (tentacle trinket is win tho)

We did evrything except Yogg+1, XT and FL, onshoted evrything except firefighter, firefighter went down on second try, you shoudn't have any problems, my group had some pretty bad geared players.

OP should be fine. You have the lichy title, you out gear the thing by alot, should be cake.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

2 hours? That's pretty impressive. I'm hoping to get the run done within 3 hours. Looking forward to it! Thanks for the replies, reassures me a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Choeb
    2 hours? That's pretty impressive. I'm hoping to get the run done within 3 hours. Looking forward to it! Thanks for the replies, reassures me a bit
    Really, evrything just melted. It was mostly alt's aswell, noneed to worry about something like this. Just have evryone check some of the tactics before so they dont run in and wonder what happens if you stand in the green stuff on yogg.

In terms of zerging, I recently tried XT on hardmode with 8 people (started with 9 but one had to AFK). Not quite as geared as yourselves (5400-5700 gs for comparisons sake) and we were only narrowly short - thats also with 3 healers. As that was the 'zergiest' fight, you should have no problems at all.

As others have mentioned, other fights require more tactics - but if you can kill Arthas, the level of co-ordination required for Ulduar bosses should be easily within your grasp - good luck

85 pala (tank1); 85 DK (tank2; 85 priest (unused), 85Drood (heals); 85 lock (dps); 85 warrior (Tank3) 85 hunter ;83 Shammy (Ele/Resto);65 rogue

Well only 4 other members of this ulduar group have killed Arthas with me - basically the same 4 people who have done these hardmodes before as well. I just happened to have a raidbreak during Ulduar time so I missed out on these But judging from opinions of the majority, I foresee little issues now.

yogg one-light can still be a pain if you have ulduar-newbies with you, cos sanity doesn't scale with gear.
    everything else is laughable.
    last 2 weeks we got the 25-man proto, only thing really challenging was one-light, everything else was a zerg-fest.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir
    I guess the only thing that you can't zerg that well is Yogg+0, which you don't need for the mount (tentacle trinket is win tho)
    You can zerg yogg0
    in P3 have the tanks pick up all the faceless dudes tank them far away from yogg and just nuke it (you could use CD on take to let them survive)

Yogg1 & firefighter is basically the fights which can still pose any challenge. Firefighter has many abilities that one shot whatever level of gear your on. Yogg1 is very much play by the rules (especially in p2)...but yeh, nothing too hard

Quote Originally Posted by macke
    Only problem might be your lacking replainsment.

Warlock can proc repl afaik, hes raiding as both specs depending on whether we need it or not.

U should have no problems at all, tho iron dwarf medium rare is still annoying so much wasted time there.

Quote Originally Posted by Choeb

Warlock can proc repl afaik, hes raiding as both specs depending on whether we need it or not.
    It kinda depends on how good your DPs is, but some fights lik Mimiron you are gonna need it

Also, yogg+1 isnt really that hard, its like you say if people dont know how to controll there sanity you are gonna wipe some, and YOU CAN zerg it, you can easly take down the brain in 1 brain phase with heroism / bl.

should be a breeze once you learn firefighter and freya.

good luck on algalon!

Yep, Freya and FF should offer the most resistance, although they aren't truly that bad. Good luck!
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

Quote Originally Posted by Honor Gear All Star
    should be a breeze once you learn firefighter and freya.

good luck on algalon!

Ive already killed algalon

Just an update:

We did this last night, everything was pretty much a joke save firefighter. Took us a few tries to get that down, mainly because of people insta dying on some of his skills, very hectic fight, I loved it!

Took us 3 hours to get everything up to and including General, we are going back for Yogg-Saron next week. Extend raid-lockout 4tw.