Thread: Prot gear help

10+ Year Old Account

Prot gear help

Okay basically I'm picking tanking again, yay but I haven't exactly done much in the ways of tanking since Ulduar first came out. So just scraping together tank gear I have some stuff, but things have changed. This is my current armory thing. Any help will be appreciated, gemming enchanting I need to know what to get. I know I need a little more expertise to get capped, plus maybe a little more hit. That can be handled with gems I think. Anyway here's my armory any actual help will be greatly appreciated. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Sscavenger

Re: Prot gear help

you are logged out with dps gear/spec on armory so not much to tell and more info about how much emblems you have which gear level you have access as prot would be helpful.

10+ Year Old Account

CRAP! Hate when I do that, okay going to be logging out in tank gear hopefully that will fix the armory link then.

Edit: Okay fixed, armory link in first post now shows my new prot gear. Suggestions welcomed thanks.

Things I would change:

1. Strength gem in helm >> Agil/stam gem
    2. Socket and Enchant Shoulders >> pvp enchant
    3. Armor Enchant on Cloak
    4. Enchant and Gem Chest >> def enchant or 275hp
    5. Enchant Weapon (not with bladeward either)>> Mongoose
    6. Change titanium Plating on shield >> def or stam enchant
    7. Get rid of armsman on gloves >> anything else worth a shit
    8. Get rid of strength gems in belt.........................
    9. Gem and armor kit legs
    10. Gem and Enchant Boots >> 22 Stam or Tuskars
    11. Buy the 245 trinket (glyph) and replace Ony's shit

Spec: You dont have full points in toughness. Why? Drop Imp SR and or Focused Rage and fix that.

glyphs: Drop sunder and get something more useful. You can try adjusting talents a bit more and getting Imp Disciplines and then taking the Shield Wall Glyph with it. That would be 100 times better than glyph of sunder.

At your gear level, capping exp and hit shouldn't be even close to a priority, just focus on getting better gear, and eat your expertise food if you're particularly low. Avoidance trinkets are bad, you'll want to switch the rotting thumb for the black heart, and probably exchange the onyxia one for glyph on indomitability until you can get a second stamina trinket. For gems, a decent rule of thumb is gem +30 stam unless the socket bonus is 9 stam or greater. For yellow sockets you should use either +10 hit 15 stam, or +10 defense 15 stam. Never gem str/stam for red sockets, you can use either exp/stam, dodge/stam, or agi/stam, which generally beats out dodge/stam for high gear levels. You'll probably want to enchant armor for cloak, health for chest, 30 stam/15 resil for shoulders, and 18 stam for shield. Only other thing I can think of is to pick up the badge ring instead of the anub one.

If you're spending frost tokens, probably go for the cloak, then the belt, after that either the gloves or the trinket, depending on how you want to get your t10.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=The+Forgotten+Coast&n=Darock

10+ Year Old Account

Much thanks to you two for helping me, I noticed that I did indeed not put max points in toughness, I thought I had at the time. I went with the spec suggested in the forums here, guess I wasn't paying attention. Like I said I stopped tanking when Ulduar came out hence the reason some of my stuff is so far behind. This really helped so thanks, I will update it again soon for a second look. Just need money or honor to buy the epic gems so I'm off to farm thanks.