LastLast

Re: Catapriest ability

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Erm....Dispersion isn't a DPS cooldown.
    Neither is Thunderstorm.

well they've said two things so far.

1. A re-castable burn.

2. They want to give us something that will help us in PVP so when we're interrupted, we're not helpless.

So give us something like... shadowfrost bolt...

or Pain Spike

Pain Spike:

Hurls a bolt of shadow energy at the target dealing X Damage. If the target is affected by shadow word pain, this damage cannot be resisted and pierces through damage absorption effects.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

10+ Year Old Account

PW:Barrier. % Base mana Cost 3min CD

The Priest targets a 10 yard radius area with a Barrier/Zone (Think Anti-Magic Zone) that will absorb 20,000 damage spilt between all people within the barrier. Once the full damage has been absorbed the barrier dissapates or after 10seconds.

Glyph of PW:Barrier - If the Barrier is not fully absorbed the CD is reduced to 1minute

So a targeted Anti-Magic/physical Zone. Numbers can be tweaked appropriately.

15+ Year Old Account

I don't neccesarily think Priests need new spells, but some minor improvements around their current spells would be better IMO. Adding one more spell into Shadow would probably make it annoying with its already complex rotation, so perhaps it's not a damage spell Shadow Priests should get. Discipline doesn't have that many spells to work with as Holy, so they could use a [Power Word: Barrier], but i think they should make it expensive like [Prayer of Healing] and have a cast time similar. Holy should get some improvements for Lightwell, Renew and perhaps a new effect like a buff, not a new healing spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Lellybaby
    PW:Barrier. % Base mana Cost 3min CD

The Priest targets a 10 yard radius area with a Barrier/Zone (Think Anti-Magic Zone) that will absorb 20,000 damage spilt between all people within the barrier. Once the full damage has been absorbed the barrier dissapates or after 10seconds.

Glyph of PW:Barrier - If the Barrier is not fully absorbed the CD is reduced to 1minute

So a targeted Anti-Magic/physical Zone. Numbers can be tweaked appropriately.
    This is pretty cool. I do think that a group spell that just puts out a bunch of PW:S's sounds a little OP, but this spell requires the Priest to choose some decent placement, timing, and for the raid members to actively participate in using it efficiently, so not too OP. Anti-Damage Shield, just like Anti-Magic shield...cool stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by iLive
    I don't neccesarily think Priests need new spells...
    Well, we're getting 5 new lvls, so everyone is getting new spells. We didn't really need new spells when PoM came along, now we can't live without it . Oh, Shadow could definitely use a new spell or 2. Holy could use something to make GHeal as usable as Paladin Holy Light is. Discipline could use some kind of "smart" heal and/or mitigation spells, can't really think of anything right now along those lines.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike
    Power Word: Rebind

Cast: Instant
    Duration: 1 min

(PW:R can only be on one target at a time)

The healing that would be done to the priest on casting Binding Heal is now done to the recipient of PW:R.
    <'3

Also, i'm really not looking forward to a shadow nuke. cause a 3 second cast means i dont get to cast mind flay. or it means i change up every other cast of MB for the nuke, and that means that theres less moving flexibility smashing dps on motion required fights. so dear bliz, loose the nuke and give us somthing else.

one thing i'd like to see in the shadow tree is a:

Blasting powder:

when you cast mind blast you have a 50 pct chance to reduce the CD on your next mindblast by 3 seconds

or somthing like that

I posted this on the WoW forums back when Hymn of Hope was still being tinkered with, but I still thought it'd be neat:

Hymn of Hope
    Instant Cast
    10 Second Duration

Buffs the priest disabling mana regen and reducing all mana costs by 100%. Any healing done is reduced by 75% and converted to mana for the target.

Numbers are tweakable of course. If they want us to care about mana again, maybe we'll get more nifty mana tools.

That one's actually kind of cool. I like it.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Holy/Discipline - Sounds to me like Blizzard is going to give all healers a good 'medium power' heal, somewhere between Flash Heal and Greater Heal. Mostly focusing on being an efficient general purpose heal. Which may be useful...

It would probably be nice to see the current PoH taken out and replaced with 2 new talented abilities... One mid-deep Discipline, the other mid-deep Holy...

Holy:
    Prayer of Healing (I know, same name) - 3 second cast time - Heals 3 friendly targets for X, smart heal, probably lower hpm than Flash Heal.

Discipline:

Power Word: Barrier - 18 second cooldown - Shields up to 5 friendly targets within 15 yards for X damage shared between all targets for 18 seconds, This effect ignores targets with the Weakened Soul debuff and applies the Weakened Soul debuff on all effected targets for 18 seconds. The Mana Cost and amount Shielded reduces when less targets are shielded from this effect.
    -OR-
    Prayer of Binding - Redirects the Self Heal from your Binding heal to the target. Additionally, your Grace effect will not apply to any target other than your Prayer of Binding target for the duration.

Shadow:

The only reasonable thing I can imagine the 'Nuke' being is something to put out a lot of Burst damage, at the expense of sustained damage... Probably in the form of painfully low mana efficiency for a ton of damage all at once... Probably something along the lines of, you use your current 'rotation' 70-90% of the time, but when you need to dish out a large amount of damage very quickly for one reason on another, or when your mana permits it, Nuke.

and... Just for the hell of it...

Shadow Word: Nuke - 100% of your current mana - Instant - Deals 2.5 damage per point of mana as shadow damage.

Holy:
    I kind of think that we got enough spells/tools compared to the other healing classes (hello @ch, hl, reju).
    Instead of adding new abilities fixing the old ones seems pretty necessary to me. (FH=crap, GH=crap, Lightwell=crap)

Your heals get splashed for 10yd around your current target, healing them for 30% of the current heal over 10 seconds.
    I would really like that - maybe only for FH so that we wouldnt want to cast renew as filler

Perhaps a targeted AoE heal that hits inside an area, like how Blizzard is targeted.
    Lightwell should do that and if I'm not wrong: a bluepost gave a hint that they actually want to change lightwell to be healing actively.

Disc:
    Disc Priests should get more tools. Right now we are spamming PW:S and casting penance/pom once in a while. To be abled to mitigate dmg on every raidmember (shielding everyone works in 10m content and i dont think this would be OP to be working in 25m content) something like Prayer of Shielding would be nice. It should work like PoH, cost a lot of mana and have a cast time.

Shadow:
    Shadowpriests realy need a change. Mindblast realy sucks in PVE because of its too short casttime = no scaling with haste.
    A nuke without CD should be implemented(a frost spell! we suck @ being counterspelled) but it should still make sense using Mindflay. Something like the arcane blast debuff from that new nuke without running out after some time to still be abled to keep up dots.

A DPS cooldown would be nice too

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Fergand
    Shadow Word: Nuke - 100% of your current mana - Instant - Deals 2.5 damage per point of mana as shadow damage.
    I hate to say it but this wouldn't work at all in arena/pvp. As for the others suggestions I like them. Might put a small cast reduction on the PoH though.

I'd personally like for the healing to get reworked a bit. Currently we can't perform as well as druids when it comes to raid healing, and we are nowhere near Paladins when it comes to single target. I'd like the priests to have a bit more potential in AoE healing. Perhaps a slight reduction to cast time + make it a smart heal for PoH, rework Serendipity to only reduce cast time on Greater Heal but in addition increase it's throughput, and fix CoH by either rework it's mechanic to heal more targets or reduce the CD. I definitely do not want to be a Renew bot in cata. Additionally, the idea about a heal that works like Blizzard just trills me. However, I'm sceptic about how useful it would be.
    As for disc I really like the ideas about the barrier. I would like for disc priests to have a greater potential as tank healers. The Weakened Soul debuff needs work, and the powerfulness of FH and Penance needs to be balanced thereafter. Also, disc priests should have more use for Renew than they currently have.

Holy crap I just had a revelation combining different things I've heard about the lightwell. What if it becomes like a 2 part spell.

You place it down and it just sits there looking pretty like now, but now you get 'another' lightwell spell. This one could heal in various different ways, but for originalities sake, let's say it works like the bizzard targetting circle some people have discussed.

Now the catch is that the lightwell needs to harvest energy in order to heal. Maybe it would gain energy over time, or otherwise it would gain energy from other heals you use (think that vial of the sunwell trinket back from Magister's terrace).

So either you would need more than X energy to use that heal, or it would just scale off the amount of energy. At 100 energy you get something along the lines of gift of the naaru (lol) while at the max, lets say 2000 energy (like the vial of the sunwell) you get a pretty nice heal.

Assuming then that you get a targetting circle like mass dispel there would have to be a cap on the amount of targets it hits. (An alternative here I think would be that it gets split among the people it hits. So if you just hit a tank with it it would be a pretty huge heal, but I think that would be overpowered because the heal has to be big enough to be significant even when hitting 5-10 people.

As for HOW it would heal, I think the coolest mechanic would be like WG, a hot that is applied quickly at first and then tapers down. Druids might well that we're hijacking their mechanics though.

I would like to clean up the heal mess.

- Gheal need to be 0.5 seconds faster. A glyph doing the job would be fantastic.
    - Improved Healing need to be 30% manacost reduction instead of 15%. The talent frankly sucks as it is now.

This would give us a single target heal on par with druids and shammies. On the downside, fheal is now rather irrelevant.

- Let binding heal replace fheal all over the board: any talent referring to fheal now refers to binding heal. Just like Gheal replaced Heal and Lesser Heal.
    - Change fheal into a very cheap spell with low throughput - like FoL. Spammable to death, but not very good, great if you are oom and need to keep the tank up a tiny little while longer, not likely to save anyone anytime soon.

That gives us a costly strong heal, a flexible medium heal and a cheap weak heal as far as single target healing is concerned.

- Prayer of Healing need to be relieved of the Party mechanics, without making it smart. Add some ui functionality allowing the priest to select up to four additional targets while PoH is casting. Lets us take advantage of the long casting time, doing something useful. Also, it totally need to be reverted to the 80% spellpower coefficient - OR - made a whole lot cheaper.

- Lightwell: Add a "heal me up" button to everyones pet bar once lightwell is up. Solves all the problems this spell ever had. Delete it would also work.

- Prayer of Mending: Great spell as it is right now. I would love to see a talent allowing ProM crits to "split" the buff instead of only making it jump.

- Circle of Healing... meh. I really dislike this spell in its current incarnation. Too weak to save anyone, too good HPS to ignore since it is smart. I really don't like smart heals, but I really need a fast aoe heal. The major problem of this spell is that it doesn't really scale with many things. The spellpower coefficient is very low, the cooldown makes haste very bad for this spell. Take it back to the drawing board. Please.

Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Adding one more spell into Shadow would probably make it annoying with its already complex rotation
    I hope this is a early april fool's joke.. Shadow has become annoyingly easy to play and could really use some fun decisions like 'SW or not' used to be in BC. You had to use it as often as possible for maximum damage, but it could kill you when used at the wrong moment. Now the spell is pretty much dead, as several other shadow spells which are either refreshed automatically or not used often enough/at all.

I guess the people that enjoyed shadow in BC can just wish it was brought back in it's intricate form and would actually require a good feel and deep love for the spec for it to play effectively..

As for healing, disc could sure use some single target love. There could be a 'switch' you can flip to become as efficient at tank healing as paladin can be, which wouldn't be viable on arena, like making all of your spells but Binding Heal, Prayer of Mending, Penance and PW:S 30% more powerful, though reducing absorbs through DA by 30% as well, so disc could either flip that switch and be a very efficient tank/spot healer or not flip it and fill the current role of raid wide mitigator. It is very annoying that holy paladins have become the only good choice for tank healing. While shamans and even druids to some extent, with suitable spec and glyphs, are able to fill that role in 25mans, noone is nearly efficient solo tank healer, not even thinking about bacon.

Holy has become incredibly stale by forgetting it's single target capability completely. It's also weird that we have to spend quite a few talent points to be at least semi-effective on single target, while other classes are that and more by default. Both GH and FH could use more love through fun mechanics, and holy could use more fluidity. Currently it's like 'cast CoH..wait for global..cast instant FH.. wait for global.. cast ProM..wait for global.. cast Renew..wait for global.. cast insant FH.. wait for global..' and so on until we get to 3stack hasted PoH. Just feels kinda clunky, though instant single target heal that's 100% free is situationally very useful. Just situationally though.

as for Lightwell and some other crazy ideas that spring to your mind early in the morning:

Holy Lightwell
    5 second cast
    5 minute duration.

Creates a Holy Lightwell with 20 yard diameter that absorbs 3% of all healing done by the priest until accumulating X healing. The priest then gains Light Surge. On casting Flash Heal or Greater Heal, Light Surge is consumed and up to five lowest health party or raid members in the Lightwell are healed for X every second for Y seconds. Light Surge can stack up to three.

There's been a lot of discussion about would be Power Word: Barrier. Thinking about holy and disc sharing a lot of spells and silmilar background in faith, maybe it would be the time for disc to get it's own 'Light'well:

Well of Iron Will
    5 second cast
    5 minute duration

Creates a Well of Iron Will that feeds on absorption affects cast by the priest. 5% of every absorption effect created by the priest's class abilities is transfered to the Well. On reaching X absorption, the priest gains access to Surge of Will for 10 seconds or until Circle of will is used and to Circle of Will for 30 seconds or until Surge of Will is used. Any addition absorption will not be transfered to the well until one of those effects is used.

Surge of Will
    Instant cast
    high mana cost
    10 second duration

Up to three lowest health party or raid members in 20 foot diameter /targeted like Blizzard/ are shielded for the amount stored in the Well, divided evenly among targets. The targets cannot be shielded for more than 33% of stored amount each. While this shield is active, all healing done by the priest is increased by 20%. Will not target a party or raid member with Weakened Soul. Applies Weakened Soul for 15 seconds.

Circle of Will
    3 second cast
    moderate mana cost
    20 second duration

The priest draws a holy circle on the ground /targeted like Blizzard/. Upon completion of the cast it absorbs damage equal to the amount stored in the Well, divided evenly among up to 5 lowest health raid or party members standing in the area. Will not target party or raid members with Weakened Soul. Applies Weakened Soul for 15 seconds.

Deleted

Improved Dispersion - Damage the targeted bad guy equal to the mana u gain

Reading through this thread, an idea came to me that could sort of fix disc's lack of single-target healing ability. People have been asking for holyform for years, but what about a deep talent in disc?

Disciplined Mind:
    The priest reaches inward, allowing them to push out all distractions and focus on thier main target. This increases healing done with greater heal, flash heal, binding heal and penance by x%, and also lowers the manacost of those spells. This spell remains active until cancelled, or until any non-single target healing spell is cast.

Now, this would work like shadowform, allowing you to really push some single target healing when needed, but it would pop off when you decided to switch to raid healing or the like. What do you think? it would remain on if you cast things like renew or PW:shield, but wouldnt benefit them directly, in order to keep the spell from being overpowered. It would increase our ability as single target healers, nothing more.

Lightwell- re designed

Places a lightwell in a targeted area, that spits out small bursts of healing 1 time per second. 30 heals maximum, will always pick the target with the lowest health.

Grace(disk) - re designed

castable buff that lasts indefinatly (or a minute if its to OP).

power word: rebind (really like the look of this one for disk tree)

castable buff that stays on the target for 1 minute. all healing done by binding heal will heal the target and the person with rebind on them.

as for Shadow, move dispersion up a tear, and put a side talent with it called improved dispersion
    4/4
    when you cast dispersion your target is aflicted with forced dispersion stuning them for 0.5/1/1.5/2 seconds. if the target is un stunable the target is affected with soul disperse, taking an aditional 10 000 [+0.5 SP] damage over 12 seconds, however if the target is stunable soul disperse does 1/4th damage (2500 + [SP])

and then for the 51 point in shadow put

Mind assault curse
    for 60 seconds the targets mind is assaulted, causing 30 000 damage and healing the priest for 0.5 damage caused (not effected by vamperic embrace). when you cause damage to this target the damage of mind flay is increased by [0.5 SP], and you have a 5pct chance to finish the cool down on mind blast. if dispelled finishes damage left to be caused.

Quote Originally Posted by leolol
    Lightwell- re designed

Places a lightwell in a targeted area, that spits out small bursts of healing 1 time per second. 30 heals maximum, will always pick the target with the lowest health.
    They've already said they dont want our lightwell to work like this. this has been suggested since ToC came out.

Shadow, move dispersion up a tear, and put a side talent with it called improved dispersion
    4/4
    when you cast dispersion your target is aflicted with forced dispersion stuning them for 0.5/1/1.5/2 seconds. if the target is un stunable the target is affected with soul disperse, taking an aditional 10 000 [+0.5 SP] damage over 12 seconds, however if the target is stunable soul disperse does 1/4th damage (2500 + [SP])

and then for the 51 point in shadow put

Mind assault curse
    for 60 seconds the targets mind is assaulted, causing 30 000 damage and healing the priest for 0.5 damage caused (not effected by vamperic embrace). when you cause damage to this target the damage of mind flay is increased by [0.5 SP], and you have a 5pct chance to finish the cool down on mind blast. if dispelled finishes damage left to be caused.
    Adding a ton of damage and cc to a defensive cooldown doesnt sound like something thats going to happen. Also, the curse thing sounds like theres wayyyyy too much to it. too much damage, plus a heal, plus a cooldown refresh even if dispelled. Too much for one spell.

I've posted some of these ideas elsewhere, but what the heck.

Holy:

Holyfriend - This talent would be about 21 in the Holy Tree so it is also reachable by Discipline. It would operate similarly to Shadowfiend and would share a cooldown, but the difference is rather than doing essentially irrelevant damage, it would through out a few small heals restoring mana instead. The healing wouldn't need to be significant, in fact, it could be virtually non-existent, but it would be nice to have something actually useful, have a lower chance of it dying, and be able to use at any time so that the mana restore part wouldn't depend on having a targettable mob to use it.

Prayer of Healing - The party target mechanic is annoying, especially since it's one of the few party based abilities still remaining. I think it should be reworked to be more like a CoH with a cast time, balancing it accordingly with longer cast times, fewer targets, less range or whatever.

Serendipity - I think it could use a slight rework. Make it so it has more stacks but each stack is worth less (say up to 10 stacks for 4% each rather than 3 for 12%) and the buff is shorter (maybe 10s rather than 20s) so it's roughly the same reduction, but also potentially let Renew stack it up or at least something other than FH. Further, a cast like GH or PoH that uses it doesn't consume the whole stack, it just consumes charges where, for example, a GH might consume 1 charge and PoH might consume 2-3 charges. This probably needs some work, but the basic idea would be that we wouldn't be awesome tank healers out of the box, but we could fill it in a pinch if we focus on it, maybe pop a cooldown long enough to build up a stack and focus on a single target healing rotation. Similarly, often burst healing requires multiple casts of PoH, and often we can precast, so it would be nice to have some of that burst for 2-3 casts to top up the raid. Also, it would punish people for spamming a smart heal version of PoH with a painfully slow and lower HPS rather than focusing on weaving in PoM, CoH, and other fillers and using it as more of a raid stablizer.

Discipline:

Power Word: Barrier - I like the targetable bubble idea. Give it a 3-5 minute cooldown, and have it last about 10s. However, rather than absorbing all damage, it will absorb a percentage of damage (say, 50% or so) up to some amount that scales with your SP so it is still useful in higher tiers. This design would make it useful for a single target cooldown if no one else is in range, or a way to soften the blow on a majority of the raid.

Power Word: Rebind - I really like this idea. I think making it a 21 point talent in Discipline would be perfect so Holy could grab it too. I don't think it would be OP because it would only apply to a single spell rather than all healing, so rather than getting 100% of your healing, it would get substantially less. Further, it would make helping on the raid an interesting decision for Discipline because it provides a trade-off of PWS spam for more mitigation on the raid but no throughput on the tank, BH which would help on the tank some but not be nearly as useful, and you'd still have to switch to the tank for Penance and/or GH if he needs a big heal. I also think having Grace tie to it if it's up would make sense.

Shadow:

Shadow Word: Death - Reworked. It will essentially work like a Switfmend for DoTs or at least do additional damage based upon the presence of all of your DoTs. It ought to make throwing a DoT or two on a lower health add worth doing to some extent. To make it am an excute-like ability, since SPriests lack that, you can perhaps have the cooldown reduced/removed if it hits a target below 35% health.

Improved Dispersion - Simple, spend some talent points and get healed while you disperse as well; possibly also increase movement speed. There absolutely should not be any damage added to the ability.

Shadowfrost - As mentioned upthread, Shadow needs something it can do while the Shadow school is interupted. It'll be weak enough that it wouldn't replace anything in a normal rotation, but might be useful on the move if all your other instants are on CD. I'd be really careful about adding anything else to it though.

Black Out - This definitely needs to come back, just not really sure how. I'm thinking something along the lines of an ability that has a cooldown (30s-1m) that will make your next Mind Blast instant and stun the target for 2-3s.