Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: To all ehancements doing 10k+

Quote Originally Posted by Oneleg

Now by "seen numerous enhancement shaman pulling 10k+" do you mean half the people that spout it on the forums, or from Log reports?

Most enhance shaman claiming 10k are not telling the truth, or trying to link damage from 1 pack of trash where they hit 10-12k, which I have done : ) BUT on most boss fights those same people really only hit in the 5-8k range if the stars align, and they ignore things such as adds, bone spikes, or helping the raid at all "earthbind totems" moving out of fire, kiting a slime, killing slimes.....

If your in the 5-8k dps range your doing just fine, for those very very few 10k+ shaman, they are in BiS or very very close to it.
    i don't consider myself to be an amazing player or even close to BiS gear-wise.
    at least he is trying to increase his dps, instead of just settling for 5-8k.
    from what i've seen, earthbind doesn't work for 90% of the fights (in most cases a frostshock would be just as effective, like deathbringer on heroic).
    and i don't think "very very few 10k+" shamans are out there.
    there are a bunch of shaman on this forum alone that try to help others achieve better dps with all of the testing and info.
    a HUGE thanks to them.

and just for your BS calling of people on fluffing numbers: http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/12818718#damageout

again, i'm not trying to show an ego, just proof that if you try, you can do better dps.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Fizzcrank&n=Detramental

Quote Originally Posted by Avey
    @ those who said "post your armory" - "here is our priority"........ at what point in my post did I ask for that? I know my priority, I know how to play my class. 3 weeks ago i was doing 9.0-9.2k in my 25man icc, now im lucky to hit 7. I am looking for a GLARING imperfection either in some or setup that my tiny little brain may have farted away. Thanks, but no thanks at the same time. I don't need this stuff, period.

@ those who posted their armories, thank you kindly, I do believe between the posts here, elitist jerks, and my own EnhSim + Rawr endeavors I've got it sorted. =D you don't know how helpful you were by just simply posting your armory so I could see how silly I was before
    The primary reason we ask you to do so is we can tell you right out what issues you may be having and make recommendations for you. I'm not claiming to know everything about the class, but you can help yourself a lot more by asking how you can improve your character rather than trying to figure it out yourself. The reason that having other people look at your character rather than trying to figure it out on your own is better though is because you will be biased to your own setup and overlook small things that can make a difference that someone else can easily spot.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lumb
    I can't actually think of one fight where 5k is acceptable dps in ICC.
    gunship? xD

i've no clue what we usually do though
    Lokann ogar!
    /brofist
    lotharion: "inserting the Lich King as a scooby doo villain didn't exactly make him scary in the slightest."

Now by "seen numerous enhancement shaman pulling 10k+" do you mean half the people that spout it on the forums, or from Log reports?

Most enhance shaman claiming 10k are not telling the truth, or trying to link damage from 1 pack of trash where they hit 10-12k, which I have done : ) BUT on most boss fights those same people really only hit in the 5-8k range if the stars align, and they ignore things such as adds, bone spikes, or helping the raid at all "earthbind totems" moving out of fire, kiting a slime, killing slimes.....

If your in the 5-8k dps range your doing just fine, for those very very few 10k+ shaman, they are in BiS or very very close to it.
    you must have bad shamans in your guild or something, 10k+ dps isnt too difficult

here is my armory link and some logs that have static fights (these logs are pre heroic BB):
    Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Darktotemz

World of Logs:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4031&e=4294
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8464&e=8656
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7989&e=8289

As you can tell im not even remotely close to BIS, still got 4pc i251, and a couple pieces of i245 and again i just got heroic BB last night was using i264MH, i258 OH

Quote Originally Posted by Avey
    @ those who said "post your armory" - "here is our priority"........ at what point in my post did I ask for that? I know my priority, I know how to play my class. 3 weeks ago i was doing 9.0-9.2k in my 25man icc, now im lucky to hit 7. I am looking for a GLARING imperfection either in some or setup that my tiny little brain may have farted away. Thanks, but no thanks at the same time. I don't need this stuff, period.
    no need to get an attitude, ppl were honestly trying to help, its a lot easier to see if there is a flaw in you spec/gear/rotation and helping you then just posting their amory/logs..... for example you could have been doing great dps got new pc of gear and that could have dropped you below hit and you didnt notice, nobody was gonna flame you for it. Thats why people were asking for your armory/rotation.

For the future, we cannot give help if there is no info about you we can use to help you.

15+ Year Old Account

One thing most people forget when seeing numbers like these from shamans is that the faster the fight is over, the higher your dps. What I mean by this is some of these 10k+ people would be doing considerably less dps if their fellow raiders weren't also great dps. I'm my guild's second highest dps. Not bragging by any means as we are still gearing and progressing at our own pace through ICC 25. My dps on fights like Festergut or Saurfang ranges from about 8000-9500 depending on the night. Not much is changing in my performance necessarily. It's that we have a rotating cast of raiders on a lot of nights. If 3 or 4 of our better dps (who pull 7.5-8k) don't make it to raid and 3 to 4 standbys come in (who only pull 4-5k dps), it brings the entire raid's dps down as it takes longer to kill those bosses now diminishing the heriosm to non hasted ratio.

I don't know who you're raiding with, but a lot of the shaman in this forum are dead serious.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e/?s=229&e=505

this is a log from hard mode saurfang this week where I'm at 9900 without even getting to pop fire ele because of it being on cooldown.

Yes, the longer the fight goes, the odds of your dps going down are higher, I can pull 11k+ on 3 min fights, but if it runs 5+ I can easily be in the 9k ranges.

Also, my logs are ever changing, because of things like the cooldown of fire ele being down after a wipe or trying a new hardmode strat(8/12 this week, gonna take a shot at sindrigosa tonight)

Don't make false accusations, because throughout the forums, a lot of these shaman have posted logs of their dps, and a good number of them aren't just making it up.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...stmane&cn=Zage

That's my armory, you'll see the name difference because I went male and changed names when I got a gm to unlock the name on my server 2 days ago.

/edit I'll also admit that I don't think of myself as a very good shaman, I've got quite a bit of gear, and have similar numbers to those in lower gear than I do. I know there's a generous skill gap between myself and several other members of these forums, I'm just pointing out that it's not as difficult as you make it sound, and I was pulling similar numbers prior to hardmodes by taking advice off of these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

I pulled 10.7k on Festergut yesterday with no bloodlust and definitely not BIS gear so it is possible. http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/12857818#damageout

Heres my Saurfang from last wednesday:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/t11e0...?s=2505&e=2759

Just over 10k, with the 5% damage buff, still using my sucky ilvl 251 weapons..

And a very bad and slow Festergut:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/t11e0...?s=3801&e=4085

Just onder 10k ^^

My guild isnt one of the top guilds though, not even close. We havent gotten Sindragosa down on 25m yet heh.
    Im usually somewhere in the top 5 depending on which fight it is.

Oh I see my name.

Anyway.. All you can really do is confirm proper rotation, pot, flask, food, have all minor/major buffs, and make sure to make 0 mistakes on your rotation. I know I've messed up my rotation many times and it ends up costing me a ton of DPS. Hell, on a Heroic Festergut kill I lost probably 1k dps because I had to lay down magma totem 6-7 extra times on the fight because of that stupid bug. WTB 1m Magma -.-

You cannot hesitate when using your abilities, as wasting a GCD will cost you DPS time. Make sure your LS is up all the time (more important with a 19/52 spec). I also use Snowfall Keypress, which will use an ability as soon as the key is pressed, not when you release your key. I went to this and gained a decent amount of DPS. It also helps when you have better gear and are gemmed properly.

Quote Originally Posted by AbhorrentSM
    Oh I see my name.

Anyway.. All you can really do is confirm proper rotation, pot, flask, food, have all minor/major buffs, and make sure to make 0 mistakes on your rotation. I know I've messed up my rotation many times and it ends up costing me a ton of DPS. Hell, on a Heroic Festergut kill I lost probably 1k dps because I had to lay down magma totem 6-7 extra times on the fight because of that stupid bug. WTB 1m Magma -.-

You cannot hesitate when using your abilities, as wasting a GCD will cost you DPS time. Make sure your LS is up all the time (more important with a 19/52 spec). I also use Snowfall Keypress, which will use an ability as soon as the key is pressed, not when you release your key. I went to this and gained a decent amount of DPS. It also helps when you have better gear and are gemmed properly.
    You could pick up your neck bonus by switching your neck and glove gems :P
    Noticed that the other day when I armory stalked you.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ar&cn=Yeenoghu
    One thing I noticed on your armory was that you had 2 points in Imp. Stormstrike. Unless you're running out of mana even with popping SR every minute, it might be a dps increase to take those points and put them into Imp. Shields. And if I were you, I'd get rid of Victor's Call asap. I can't stand that trinket :-\

Saurfang25: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/k...?s=1242&e=1459
    Festergut 25: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/k...?s=2987&e=3224

i started hitting 10k dps in my raid on wednesday, this was mainly due to being pimped by the group, having tricks and hystria thrown on me quite often

without i tend to do 8k ish dps or so mainly due to lack of good wheps >.<

there is alot to think about when your playing a enh sham and if you get one thing wrong your dps can go to pot :/ make sure your gear is gemmed right and such

you mite notice im using the BM ap trinket, again down to not having a better one, have been using blood of the old god from yogg for months now but i was about 150 odd hit over capped so i decided to go for the static ap rather then the one big proc.

slightly O.T but i noticed yeenoghu you have about 509 hit and still have hit gems :P mey wanna check that out if you havent noticed

Yea I've been gemming hit to keep from hitting the crit cap with raid buffs. There's a post on EJ about the crit cap in the Shaman forums.
    I"m pretty much close enough to the non-heroic versions of the BiS list that it can actually give returns. It saves me from having to regem when i get a few more pieces :P

Still waiting for the ring off Marrowgar, neck off Sindragosa and the belt off Valithria

Quote Originally Posted by Impediment
    "or helping the raid at all "earthbind totems" moving out of fire, kiting a slime, killing slimes....."

yikes.. what kind of guild are you in? kiting a slime, killing a slime? earthbind totem? WTF?!

and no.. I see enhance shammys pulling 9-10k dps on boss fights, so i have no idea why you're flaming all the other shammys that are trying to help this shammy that needs help.

You know PUTRICIDE, Slimes, gas clouds? I suppose you just stand there and let the gas cloud eat you, or you just ignore the slime and someone else will DPS it down in 10 man right? Earthbind totems for Saurfang, you know to help out the ranged?

I am only flaming the people trying to help him with the attitude of "pffft your not pulling 10k L2P NOOB"

10k is a number that many people see in a gimmick fight then quote as their actual normal DPS output. Unless your in very close to BiS gear this is not your true output. If your in what most of us are wearing, some T10, T9, badge gear, then your "real" DPS numbers will be right where he is at, and he shouldn't be overly concerned with not pulling 10k.

And yes I stand by the 5-8k dps output is very decent. There are only a few fights where you can just stand and smash on the boss. Yeah once in awhile we get to do that and our DPS can soar upwards. Someone earlier said they were not in BiS gear and showing that they can pull 10k, but then you actually look at the gear and 5 pieces of HEROIC mode items, 2 of them weapons. THAT is a huge bonus over MOST of us. And the rest of you saying your not in top guild but are doing heroic modes, that most likely puts your guild in the top 5-10 on your servers "there will always be a few exceptions" You guys have very very nice gear, but you are not the average enhance shaman out there.

Again, just because your not cranking out 10k DPS does not mean you are doing anything wrong. Keep working on your rotation and priorities, and yeah kiting that slime / gas cloud when it targets you.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rtel&cn=Leeong

You know PUTRICIDE, Slimes, gas clouds? I suppose you just stand there and let the gas cloud eat you, or you just ignore the slime and someone else will DPS it down in 10 man right? Earthbind totems for Saurfang, you know to help out the ranged?
    Setting aside EB totem, as it is a good idea to use in on Saurfang depending on your group how often do you actually have to kite an orange slime? Last time I did it was 2-3 weeks ago AFAIK. We usually get ~4 per raid, and there's 25 of us...

Remember the guy he quoted said 5-8k was a reasonable DPS number, you're going to get laughed off the forums for that kind of idiocy.

I am only flaming the people trying to help him with the attitude of "pffft your not pulling 10k L2P NOOB"

10k is a number that many people see in a gimmick fight then quote as their actual normal DPS output. Unless your in very close to BiS gear this is not your true output. If your in what most of us are wearing, some T10, T9, badge gear, then your "real" DPS numbers will be right where he is at, and he shouldn't be overly concerned with not pulling 10k.
    A lot of us on the forums ARE running around with that good of gear. I myself have 4 piece sanctified and 264s in every slot but one of my trinkets. My guild isn't even that good we're still getting destroyed by TLK's transition to P2.

And yes I stand by the 5-8k dps output is very decent. There are only a few fights where you can just stand and smash on the boss. Yeah once in awhile we get to do that and our DPS can soar upwards. Someone earlier said they were not in BiS gear and showing that they can pull 10k, but then you actually look at the gear and 5 pieces of HEROIC mode items, 2 of them weapons. THAT is a huge bonus over MOST of us. And the rest of you saying your not in top guild but are doing heroic modes, that most likely puts your guild in the top 5-10 on your servers "there will always be a few exceptions" You guys have very very nice gear, but you are not the average enhance shaman out there.
    This board isn't populated by average shaman. It's populated by players who care enough about the game to frequent a fansite about it. 5-8k is not good, 5k is low for someone in full triumph badge gear for a 25 man raid. The number of fights that require significant movement in ICC is actually pretty small, the list of fights where movement and target switching should actually gimp your dps should be Gunship, Putricide, Valithria.

Again, just because your not cranking out 10k DPS does not mean you are doing anything wrong. Keep working on your rotation and priorities, and yeah kiting that slime / gas cloud when it targets you.
    10k is a bit beyond a reasonable expectation for an average. 8-9k should be achievable by anyone who raids 25s. 5-8k means you need to read/practice more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

But you see there are ALOT more people with average gear then there are people like you with Sanctified who do read these forums and when they do reply to something jackholes give us the "L2P NOOB"

I still use my ToC weapons, nothing will drop, so what am I supposed to do, make them appear?

So when you get an orange slime do you just stand there and let it hit you? You ignore the green ones? Not all of us are in top end 25 man guilds, many are in middle of the road 10 mans.

Quit thinking everyone on here is clearing ICC hard modes, and start to think about what most of us really are doing. Help each other out, including those of us in less then perfect gear.

Just slightly offtopic, how does TAiaJ work out for enhance?
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjji
    Just slightly offtopic, how does TAiaJ work out for enhance?
    It's discussed a bit here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-sh...y-abom-vs-wfs/

It's a good trinket, the 277 version seems much better, depends on what you are replacing/comparing too..

But you see there are ALOT more people with average gear then there are people like you with Sanctified who do read these forums and when they do reply to something jackholes give us the "L2P NOOB"

I still use my ToC weapons, nothing will drop, so what am I supposed to do, make them appear?

So when you get an orange slime do you just stand there and let it hit you? You ignore the green ones? Not all of us are in top end 25 man guilds, many are in middle of the road 10 mans.

Quit thinking everyone on here is clearing ICC hard modes, and start to think about what most of us really are doing. Help each other out, including those of us in less then perfect gear.
    Yep we ignore the green ones, our strategy is to tank Putricide on the green slime's spawn, it's usually half dead before it picks a target and >50% of the time it will pick a ranged so we can kill it before it detonates, even if it does detonate on the melee the damage is a joke. Of course I will kite an orange slime if I get one on me, but again 1 in 4 to 1 in 5 chance that it will actually happen in a given week. I'm not going to use it as an excuse for poor dps.

Notice how I said we haven't killed the litch king? Nobody in my guild is doing hardmodes either. Even if you are in a middle of the road 10 man 7-8k should be achievable, or at least your goal, on more than half the fights in zone, 5k is pathetic. I didn't say "I do 8-9k in 25s you should too". I do 10k+ on a regular basis. The difference between 264 and a mix of 232-251 is not so great that you should be doing half my dps.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, the original quote many posts ago said 5k in ICC is fine. 5k is not fine in ICC, that's more like early Uld 25 or early TotC 10 DPS.

Edit: You are the original source of this nonsense.

BUT on most boss fights those same people really only hit in the 5-8k range if the stars align, and they ignore things such as adds, bone spikes, or helping the raid at all "earthbind totems" moving out of fire, kiting a slime, killing slimes.....

Was part of your original post, you've listed TWO fights where the nonsense about kiting or dropping EB totems makes any sense. Numerous posters have put up logs where they do 10k+ with significantly less than BiS. Everything in your OP has been refuted, why are you carrying on with this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

i see you all haste gemmed, does that mean iam wrong gemmed then? :P

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...or&cn=Tankheal