Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: To all ehancements doing 10k+

oh cool beans thanks for showing me that site ill check into that

Quote Originally Posted by Thuunda
    Probably gonna get flamed for this but heres a faceroll macro that pulls at least 10k on fights like fester

/startattack
    /castsequence reset=combat Stormstrike, Flame Shock, Lava Lash, Lightning Shield, Magma Totem, Earth Shock, Stormstrike, Lava Lash, Earth Shock, Magma Totem

just juggle your lightning bolts and Cds and moosh the stuffing outta that macro. Also i like the gemming for haste, feels right

as faceroll as it looks.... its great cause my awareness has gotten a great deal better i can focus more on whats going on around me and less on my rotation
    Proof or GTFO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

Quote Originally Posted by Thuunda
    Probably gonna get flamed for this but heres a faceroll macro that pulls at least 10k on fights like fester

/startattack
    /castsequence reset=combat Stormstrike, Flame Shock, Lava Lash, Lightning Shield, Magma Totem, Earth Shock, Stormstrike, Lava Lash, Earth Shock, Magma Totem

just juggle your lightning bolts and Cds and moosh the stuffing outta that macro. Also i like the gemming for haste, feels right

as faceroll as it looks.... its great cause my awareness has gotten a great deal better i can focus more on whats going on around me and less on my rotation
    Well I do agree that it's "faceroll" as it completely takes out everyone you need to be a GOOD enhancement shaman. And regardless of what you say, that is not improving your awareness. A good enhance shaman can keep a running priority of the priorities in their head and knows what to cast next, and can still pay attention to what is going on with their surroundings.

While I do agree certain mods are useful to lighten some load, that macro is a terrible idea and will only keep players at a certain skill level, never able to hit the upper levels of skill.

Good thread to say that my current guild is looking for said 10k+ enhancement shaman /inconspicuouswhistle

www.deeprunpestcontrol.co.uk
    Wreckér
    BM Hunter Guide at Warcraft Academy

Quote Originally Posted by jswivel
    Mind posting proof of this 10k? Like http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/12857818#damageout
    Damn J! You guys need some better rogues! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Barawr
    Damn J! You guys need some better rogues! ;D
    ;D

Edit: Armory back up! Here's mine - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rthas&cn=Ahkie

But..i'll just leave this here...
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c...?s=7566&e=7774
    Izzirogue of Tyrannosaurus Rekt - Hyjal | @izzirez

To everyone that flamed and helped. you are all correct. I shoud have linked my armory.

as far as rotation goes I follow EJ / Levvas advice on optimal, and my reaction time is better than normal. I'm bordering 10k easily now, just not QUITE breaking it.

here is my armory if you have any other advice, but please note a few things:

I know the Nightmare tear in the head is bad: reason, not spending time/money with it until i get my sanctified helm wednesday then i will properly regem all slots.

trinket- yes i know. victors call not so great, but i really needed the expertise and i have NOTHING else yet

have a few gems to swap and play, but again after helm.
    also fixing my mana regen talents in the spec. I'm not even sure i need shamanistic rage anymore. i'll test it tonight.

armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ermoon&cn=Avey

thanks again!

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...scale&cn=Majin

and I could use some hit lol, it really comes down to knowing your priority's in rotation keeping your trinkets/racials/professions (if your engie ect) cooldowns in check.
    My Enhancement Shaman Site - www.Iwindfury.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroAvix
    Edit: Armory back up! Here's mine - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rthas&cn=Ahkie

But..i'll just leave this here...
    Very nice

Quote Originally Posted by Avey
    To everyone that flamed and helped. you are all correct. I shoud have linked my armory.

as far as rotation goes I follow EJ / Levvas advice on optimal, and my reaction time is better than normal. I'm bordering 10k easily now, just not QUITE breaking it.

here is my armory if you have any other advice, but please note a few things:

I know the Nightmare tear in the head is bad: reason, not spending time/money with it until i get my sanctified helm wednesday then i will properly regem all slots.

trinket- yes i know. victors call not so great, but i really needed the expertise and i have NOTHING else yet

have a few gems to swap and play, but again after helm.
    also fixing my mana regen talents in the spec. I'm not even sure i need shamanistic rage anymore. i'll test it tonight.

armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ermoon&cn=Avey

thanks again!
    If you sim it I'm sure you'll find that gemming the expertise and getting another trinket like Whispering Fanged Skull would be a huge upgrade to your Victor's Call. Gemming expertise is not a dps loss. Also you have your 2p Tier 10 so I don't know why you would say you don't need shamanistic rage anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Oneleg

If your in the 5-8k dps range your doing just fine, for those very very few 10k+ shaman, they are in BiS or very very close to it.
    My guild's got a Shaman in almost only 251 gear, some 245s and ofc a 277 (ring).
    He's breaking 10k on almost all fights, so he's not even close to BiS gear.
    I'll see if I can get a WoL from his next raid.
    So either you haven't quite got the trick on how to play enhancement, or you're undergeared.
    Goozelina The Light of Dawn, Spaced Invaders.
    Twisting Nether EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanter
    My guild's got a Shaman in almost only 251 gear, some 245s and ofc a 277 (ring).
    I'll see if I can get a WoL from his next raid.
    So either you haven't quite got the trick on how to play enhancement, or you're undergeared.
    I find that hard to believe that your guild's shaman or any shaman for that matter is breaking 10k on almost every fight, since enh shaman as of yet have not broke 10k on more than 6 bosses :

i think something alot of people are not taking into consideration is setup

a enhancement shaman needs everybuff to get max dps i for one have missed an elemental shaman/boomkin for along time
    missing 5% spellcrit is a large amount of dps in a boss fight.

also for some fights you can just get RNG with the boss mech sindra stacks/bloodqueen Path of darkfallen etc all downs your dps all these top 100 ppl generaly get lucky and not have to move or kite + have slightly better gear+choices

and another note,
    People not optimising dps positioning tactics etc all have placements in dps meters and length of the fight

+ not getting biten on Vamp even tho mod says i should of gotten biten 2mins ago by a rogue TWICE on the same try by two DIFFERENT rogues! good times :P

also looking at buffs gained on this WoL

Battle Squawk
    Unlimited range
    Instant
    Attack speed increased by 4 to 5%. Lasts 4 min.

... does this stack and is it a current buff we dont already have in a normal raid setup that im missing :P

Quote Originally Posted by Vacant
    also looking at buffs gained on this WoL

Battle Squawk
    Unlimited range
    Instant
    Attack speed increased by 4 to 5%. Lasts 4 min.

... does this stack and is it a current buff we dont already have in a normal raid setup that im missing :P
    Hehe, was waiting for someone to find that. I found it on a 14k~ combat rogues parse and researched it. Its an engineering trinket. You drop it just before the pull, swap to your normal trinket, and the chicken attacks the boss, and with some luck, in that 90 second duration he'll put up the battle squawk buff to your party.
    Izzirogue of Tyrannosaurus Rekt - Hyjal | @izzirez

Quote Originally Posted by Zanter
    And by "almost all fights", you mean Festergut and Sauerfang :P

As Vacant said above, its important to consider things that can cause great variations in your "dps":

#1 - Fight length. Did the fight last long enough for you to use your wolves exactly twice? Or did it end 5 seconds after you popped wolves the 2nd time? Etc. If you have T10 set bonus then a fight that lasts 15 seconds longer such that you get an extra SR in there will help your overall dps tremendously. And of course, the shorter the fight, the higher your dps will be for the most part.

#2 - Buffage. Getting a hunter pet buff? Getting tricksed or that DK buff?

#3 - R to the N to the G. I looked at my parse from last night, and low-and-behold, my Crit % for Lightning Bolt was 23% for two fights. 23%! That's way less than half of my paper doll crit value. On a particular fight, you may get 20-30 lightning bolts total. If only 10 crit, your dps will be very low compared to average. If 19 crit, you are going to be posting your WoL logs in this thread and going "10k dps is easy, looky me!" RNG affects all crit-based spells. Other types of RNG: Did you get bone spiked 3 times on Marrowgar? Did you get bit first on Blood queen? did you get Spored 2x on Festergut? Etc etc.

#4 - Latency. With 200+ ms latency, you just wont be able to compete. On the bright side, half our dps is passive (WF, FT, autotattack), but we are cripped by lag and mobility fights by the fact that we have 7 active abilities that comprise the other 50% of our dps, leaving us way short of ferals, warriors, rogues and DKs when our ping times climb up above 200ms.

Bottom line: Your best laid dps plans often go awry. You can do everything right and get 8.3k dps. And mess up your rotations a bunch a week later and still end up with 10.5k dps.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroAvix
    Hehe, was waiting for someone to find that. I found it on a 14k~ combat rogues parse and researched it. Its an engineering trinket. You drop it just before the pull, swap to your normal trinket, and the chicken attacks the boss, and with some luck, in that 90 second duration he'll put up the battle squawk buff to your party.
    O.o Sorry i missed this. Awesome. *runs to the AH to get mats for chicken*

Gooday to you, if you're wondering anything about Enhancement shamans (theorycrafting, how to gem, dps rotation, addons etc) feel free to bump me ingame on Frostmane-EU. My nick is Fanzer and I usually get world 20 or lower on ICC25man encounters (heroic and normal)

There is a preview, ofc it's not filtered to ICC only and ranks go up and down every week

The best time to contact me is ~18,20 or so since at 19,00 I start raiding.

Best regards

/Fanzer (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...mane&cn=Fanzer)