Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

2h Frost dps is good again?

Okay, so around 20 minutes ago, I remembered when 2h frost was good, so I respec'd my pvp spec, and tried it out. Much to my surprise, I was pulling around 4.1k on a dummy, and in my usual 7k raid spec, I pull 3k on the dummies. Has anyone else noticed this?

My armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Patrickstarr

Re: 2h Frost dps is good again?

As much as 2-Handed frost would be cool to be viable the talent Threat of Thassarian in the frost tree is to good to pass up.. and if yo pick up a couple decent 1-handers you will always do better with them in a raid environement than a 2-hander

Damage vs Dummy is just that. It means absolutely nothing in the larger scheme of things.

Blizzard are designing frost as a dual wield only tree, you can raid as 2h frost if you want but your performance will suffer.

Blizzard has stated that 2h Frost is dead I believe. Just stick with Blood or Unholy if you want a 2h spec, Frost is all about the DW.
    "We do not offer freedom of speech on our forums."

Frost 2h is dead in that blizz and therefore talents, no longer support it.
    it still works for tanking and dps, but it's just not as good for either.

still viable, and if you want to, go ahead. be aware dw is superior though
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

icy talons.
    also, comparing frost pvp to blood pve on a dummy is silly int he first place as all specs scale differently with raid buffs.