Page 1 of 21
... LastLast

Warning signs of a bad group

We've all been in groups that fail. Sometimes they've failed before they even begin. Of course there are clues and signs to when a group is going to fail pretty badly, some more obvious than others. What are your favorite signs to look for.

A few of mine...
    -Frost DK Dual-Wielding tank weapons
    -Healer in PVP gear

Deleted

Re: Warning signs of a bad group

Any kind of real-life talk in party chat.

Example: "hi guys, where u from?"

15+ Year Old Account
    my submarine. it's long, hard and full of seamen.

When they're under 6k GearScore of course.

No, but seriously:

-Keyboardturners
    -Whiners
    -Douchebags

Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston

I agree with this.
    99.9% of the people that start the instance with saying that is just bad to the core..

Quote Originally Posted by rillak
    When they're under 6k GearScore of course.

No, but seriously:

-Keyboardturners
    -Whiners
    -Douchebags

Etc.
    Why is it that poeple think that keyboardturners are bad for a group? They might not be as leet as many but they get the job done just about as good.

When you stop to review a boss that'll typically give pugs trouble and somebody chimes in and says LOLJUSTPULL THIS IS EZ

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    When you stop to review a boss that'll typically give pugs trouble and somebody chimes in and says LOLJUSTPULL THIS IS EZ
    I find this unbearable as well.
    People who join in and proceed to act as though everyone else needs to abide by their schedule, and that everyone should be like them. Whining about time, pulling ahead of tanks, starting encounters without being told, general impatience is something that bugs me a lot. Better to be done right than done fast. If people die because they weren't ready when some random guy pulls, who's wasting time now? When you join a pug, you're on the leader's schedule, stop acting like you're the most important person in the group. People that do this are rarely as good as they seem to think. Bad attitude doesn't speak well about their playing abilities.

15+ Year Old Account

Raid leader speaking in caps lock always makes me think it might be time to leave.

Second I load the instance:
    MIGHT ME STOP BEING LAZY
    Because some players aren't looking for anything logical, like loot. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some players just want to watch the group fail.

Deleted

I like it when someone is trying to start a conversation.

The signs for me are: no talking (not even saying hi) , the usual "just nuke" qoute at a boss where it it not just nuke and if the player cannot read/write english.

Quote Originally Posted by Daimyon
    We've all been in groups that fail. Sometimes they've failed before they even begin. Of course there are clues and signs to when a group is going to fail pretty badly, some more obvious than others. What are your favorite signs to look for.

A few of mine...
    -Frost DK Dual-Wielding tank weapons
    -Healer in PVP gear
    even worse... DW frost DKs using 2 FAST tank weapons/DW dks tanking in general. /kick asap

people with 5k+ gs that can barely break 2 or 3 k dps. happened to me last night where a dk had over 5k and was around 1500 dps as blood. I have no idea what the fuck this guy was doin. and when we did the last boss he ninjaed some tank loot as well. I guess he thought he needed it all since it was purple. damn, I really hate morons. blizz should take their gear away from them and never allow them more than blues.

Anyone going "Go go go go goooo!!!" right off the bat - often before the entire group has even had time to zone in...
    Yeah... That's a bad sign.

When the dungeon guide/tank = Shelly from Antonidas.

haha, if you are not a hardcore douche that does not care about anything but himself you FAIL!

that's like... so true BS.... :/

people in ilvl >200 doing less dps than I do.

People telling me to "gogo"

That's a note to everyone, don't tell tanks to "gogo" it's damn annoying, do you hear us saying "OMG HEAL" everytime we get hit?

This monday someone even said "gogo" at faction champions before I was even finished marking, let alone explaining them.
    I just got what Falric is talking about in HoR.
    Men, women and children... None were spared the master's wrath.
    Despair... so delicious...
    Fear... so exhilarating...
    Clearly, he was referring to the cataclysm class previews.

15+ Year Old Account

People with retarded names (Ärthass and Gimliii and stuff like that)
    People with no enchants and gems
    People being afk right off the bat
    DPS whining for mana breaks
    Healer without water
    Healer in pvp gear and spec
    Retardin asks for BoM from my prot pala
    DK asks for BoM when he has battle shout
    Lock asks form BoW instead of BoK
    Some 2K dps pasting damagemeter every minute
    Tank asks if we want a quick run and then he fails to hold aggro on anything
    DPS queued as tank
    Sub 1K dps
    Sub 3K dps in full epics

Quote Originally Posted by Thomasmgp

Thats just impossible. My DK has 5k GS and I pull 4-5k on heroics. Hell on the level 80 dummy I can do 2k DPS totally naked with just my weapon and sigil.
    it's not uncommon to have dps who just go afk, or press "1" every two seconds.
    Thus the <2k.

But indeed, doing less than 2k (3 with gear) is telling everybody you suck bad.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

"Oh lord, they are trying to be social & friendly in a multiplayer game! Those bastards!"

Seriously, if your that socially damaged then you probably shouldn't be playing a mmo game to begin with.
    It's the people that don't know how to give a proper greeting or formulate more then 5 words during the entire run that I avoid. Leet speak aswell is frowned upon.

Not being able to spell correctly or use proper grammar because English isn't your first language is another deal though, atleast they are trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomasmgp

Thats just impossible. My DK has 5k GS and I pull 4-5k on heroics. Hell on the level 80 dummy I can do 2k DPS totally naked with just my weapon and sigil.
    Oh it is Possible belive me....
    Remeber Kid‘s: As long as people have same delusion they are not crazy, they're are a „religion“.