15+ Year Old Account

So, if i want to start doing BGs...

...i need to farm emblems first.

While leveling, Pvp was fun. depending on your level you could be fairly succesfull. Once my warrior got to level 78, i decidet to buy the blue pvp 'set'.
    And it was fun. Fights against other level 77-79s were really interesting, and small things decided victory sometimes. Recently though, i dinged 80. I joined a bg, and was aware that i would get extremely killed if i'd try to kill things alone. With my 350ish resilience, i thought: Well, but atleast i can live long enough to kill someone, right?

No.

Whatever i did, it was useless. I got stomped whenever i tried to do anything. Enemy healers IGNORED me... like, seriously. They didn't care that i was critting them for like 1000 with ms. and as soon as they stopped healing their teammates, they turned around and killed me in a matter of seconds.. even paladins.

My point is, if i even want to have the slightest chance in pvp, i need to do pve. Whats up with that system?

Re: So, if i want to start doing BGs...

You don't NEED emblems, you can easily farm that same gear via honor.

However the fact that you're like, 3 tiers of gear behind, yeah, its gonna suck grinding BGs for that gear.

System is fine, just because you came in late doesn't mean it should be tailored to you.

Grind badges for furious + VoA ..Pointless to get it with honour, And get wrathfull offset.

Warriors just got PTR nerf..So gl..

Quote Originally Posted by Deralte
    My point is, if i even want to have the slightest chance in pvp, i need to do pve. Whats up with that system?
    Whats up with that system? System that actually allows you to get some pvp gear via pve even when you started so late. Can't see QQ..
    "any type of person converting RL money into WoW is retarded by default." - Choppers
    "That makes all of WoW players retards, since we all pay our monthly fee." - Kenjji

Do the PvE for furious so you atleast stand a chance against the others as your blueish gear will probably get you dead in matter of second, after you got abit of PvP and PvE gear epics you can go do BGs being a threat to people

While leveling, Pvp was fun. depending on your level you could be fairly succesfull. Once my warrior got to level 78, i decidet to buy the blue pvp 'set'.
    And it was fun. Fights against other level 77-79s were really interesting, and small things decided victory sometimes. Recently though, i dinged 80. I joined a bg, and was aware that i would get extremely killed if i'd try to kill things alone. With my 350ish resilience, i thought: Well, but atleast i can live long enough to kill someone, right?

No.

Whatever i did, it was useless. I got stomped whenever i tried to do anything. Enemy healers IGNORED me... like, seriously. They didn't care that i was critting them for like 1000 with ms. and as soon as they stopped healing their teammates, they turned around and killed me in a matter of seconds.. even paladins.

i think its complete BS how they do that, but the Developers spend a TON of time and man power developing the PvE content and i think they try to push people into it to justify that time they spent. PvE gear has always trumped PvP gear whenever a new PvE instance is put in....

the one thing that sux for you is warriors lowly geared are probably THE worst class in PvP. the top end geared ones can be godly, but most average to lowly geared are going to be furstrated unless you have a healer running around with you, and even then the healer will probably choose someone better geared to kill than you to focus heal on.

lowly geared warriors are just terrible in PvP imo.

No.

Actually, if you want to have the slightest chance in pvp, you have an option of doing pve or pvp.

However, is it fun to pvp with 100 resilience and to have other people laugh as they kill you?

Go farm some emblems if you can't hack having no gear and pvp is too hard for you. :P

This isn't said maliciously. No matter what, when you go into something undergeared, it's going to suck. So you either suck it up, or you come on the forums and complain about it. You've chosen option two, but you could've been getting emblems in the time it took to write this post instead.

(This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

No.

Bgs are very unfriendly to undergeared ppl.
    Spam random hcs, collect triumphs and then buy pvp gear. This is the most recomended way as you get gear faster this way than doing bgs, not to mention you also get money while doing it.
    A tauren warrior once told me "You may have won the battle but you haven't won the battle". It was only a small portion of the Horde's wisdom.

wait wait wait.
    you have to PvE, to stand a chance in PvP...is it just me who thinks that defeats the object abit? ???

Quote Originally Posted by Fogsworth
    wait wait wait.
    you have to PvE, to stand a chance in PvP...is it just me who thinks that defeats the object abit? ???
    You don't.

You have the option, but it is in no way needed. Of course exploring both facets of the game may give you a 'bonus' making things easier, but if you decided to stick to one facet of the game, you will be in no way penalized.

Quote Originally Posted by Fogsworth
    wait wait wait.
    Well Blizzard doesn't like it when players skip content. This is their way to force players to experience all aspects of the game.
    A tauren warrior once told me "You may have won the battle but you haven't won the battle". It was only a small portion of the Horde's wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Khano
    Well Blizzard doesn't like it when players skip content. This is their way to force players to experience all aspects of the game.
    Now that just seems wrong. If it was like that, they would have made it so that you need to do Naxx 10/25, Uld 10/25 and all those other raids with <ilvl 232 gear. But no, they have made it so you can go from farming heroics directly to ToC 25/ICC 10/25.

And no, you don't HAVE to PvE to be able to PvP, it's just easier at the moment. But in 3.3.3 they are adding random BG wich will make it just as easy to farm honor as it is with triumph emblems, will it be a pain in the ass? Yep. Learn to ninjaattack people, choose your battles and be Very defensive.

Lul, Khano, I just realized what you meant by content. Ignore what I said.

All you have to do is press the letter H.

Don't forget Wintergrasp's Stone Keeper's shards. Can be traded in for BoA honor. So if you have some sitting around, decent way to get some starter gear, especially if you have alts that won't use them for anything.