Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...

Re: Cataclsym rumours confirmed + new info *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Dahak
    April Fools news posts in magazines tend to be limited to something small on the news page. Not wasting people's 5.99 (or however much PCG costs these days) with a cover story being a total lie.
    Not to mention you wouldn't rehash information from another fucking site that wasn't an April Fool's joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    Should I lock this as a troll thread or what?
    Why hasn't this been locked, yet? At this point, it's just full of Grimmer needlessly insulting people.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hyatt
    Why hasn't this been locked, yet? At this point, it's just full of Grimmer needlessly insulting people.
    I said it a few pages back.. I can't because Boubouille posted it as news >_>

This one pretty much derailed into a huge flame fest by now... i don't think anything can be gained from continuing it.

Would be better to lock this and start a new one.

They cant kill Cairne! He is epic! ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmer
    Completely fucking hopeless.

People call ME a troll? There's no way Talen's blatant fucking ignorance is unintentional.

But he'll still get away with being a shameless jackass because he's staying mid-road and not comitting to anything other than "WELP ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN GUISE, LOL"

Yes, anything can happen. But we don't issue every single leak ever made, ever, purely because anything can happen. And justifying it with the fact that Boub trusted it is equally fallacious, because he's just as susceptible to being deceived as anyone else, even if his sources tend to be good. But the source for this was SA, plain and simple. We proved it in this thread.

Just because anything can happen doesn't mean anything will happen. I believed ALL of the Cata news the day of it. When BlizzCon went by, I was unsure, because there was the constant talk of SA trolling. So a half a year later, people still don't have it in their heads that they've been had by a dumb snake oil saleman?

And no, it isn't "news." Understand the fucking definition of "news." For Boub, I guess he can consider it 'news" because the nature of what he does is speculation, but it's still not news.

But for the magazine, there is no fucking excuse. That's not news. Nothing about it is confirmed, it's just rag sheet rumors. If they've confirmed it, they should issue a quote from Blizzard reps like they did with their previous Cata news issue.

YOu're the type of person who most likely said that thousand needles getting flooded was false just since they said nothing about it at blizzcon. Then a few weeks back we heard it, not from blizzcon but from a random blue post. Ok sorry I mean "shimmering flats".

However, A rumor is just a rumor untill proven by the creators to be true or false. Blizzard has said NOTHING to prove these rumors true OR false. Just since Med'an has been set up as the new gaurdian doesn't mean some **** can't happen. It's blizzard. They love to set some of it's pawns up for somethings and then totally change direction on them. Infact, it is good story telling if you do twists like that.

Just since it is stupid in your eyes, also doesn't mean it is stupid in others.

Finally, I thought it's been confirmed for a while that garrosh is acting warchief and that he does kick all the "weak races" out of org. Why do I see people fighting over that earlier in the thread?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dahak
    April Fools news posts in magazines tend to be limited to something small on the news page. Not wasting people's 5.99 (or however much PCG costs these days) with a cover story being a total lie.
    Actually - I've seen that done in the UK.

With major publications. So it remains a distant, yet distinct, possibility.

EJL

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmer
    That's not the only reason. There's also that even if he died, Thrall becoming Guardian wouldn't actually achieve anything. It would just be a contrived possibility for the sake of satisfying some leak.
    [

That assumes Blizzard cares about what SA says, or that the leak isn't true or doesn't have some basis in fact. Cairnes death would set up a number of interesting possibilities for the Horde. It coudl be used to justify a war against the Alliance. It could be used to cement Garrosh power. It could be used as a starting stone for a "Overthrow Garrosh" storyline. And so on.

Right now, theres no evidence either way. Cairne isn't chief anymore...that seems apparent. But we don't know if its because he steps down, we don't know if he dies, we don't know if he's assassinated. As for Thrall...his becoming Guardian doesn't hinge on Cairne, nor do many storylines that could result from it.

There's no story reason for it that being a shaman wouldn't already satisfy given his role in the Cataclysm.
    We don't know his role in Ctacalysm. We potentially know a bit. Nothign we know precludes him being Guardian. Or when. Suppose for example, part of the cataclysm storyline is leading to Thrall becoming Guardian? Me'dan dies or steps down and passes his power to Thrall or recommends him. What then?

Chilton's words were "what would the world's most powerful shaman do?" There's nothing special about the Guardian position that wouldn't already satisfy what Thrall would do.
    Except grant him more pwoer. Thrall, for all his status in game, is a mortal. Ragnaros is an Elemental Lord and will be revealed in his full power. That'd be one reason to give him more power. So he could face off against the uber-threats.

Here doesn't mention it. Not a single time that I can see.
    Quoting from Herecius' post on the previous page:

"Not all of the original information was bad. Bad information = Cairne's assissation, booting out the non-horde races, and Thrall as guardian."

The truth is the first is as yet unconfirmed. I can see it happening however. The second is confirmed. For now anyway. And the last is confirmed....but, IMO, unlikely. I can see Blizzard considering it, but not following through.

Glad your lack of response on all the other points I made shows that you've seen the light on how stupid it is to call unconfirmed garbage "news."
    No, it's news. Its worthy of being front page material. A major magazine publishes info about the game? Always news. Lack of response, however, does not equal agreement.

EJL

Could you please stop with your excessive multiposting? It's quite unnecessary to make a new post for every one you are replying to.

The truth is the first is as yet unconfirmed. I can see it happening however. The second is confirmed. For now anyway. And the last is confirmed....but, IMO, unlikely. I can see Blizzard considering it, but not following through.
    The last is unconfirmed.

This is why these Rumours should be disregarded until we get confirmation... you make a single mistake and 50 people are going to run rampant and pester Blizzard about this, even though it has no merit right now.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac
    Quote Originally Posted by Devdan
    People, read it good, APRIL EDITION, we're having fucking March, He is just trollin...
    You do realize magazines come out the month before?
    [Unreal Announcer voice] DENIED!
    Skullmaster - Slathe - Duat - Tamriel

Absolutely everything happens for a reason - Omnia Causa Fiunt.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Putress
    So? My FourFourTwo magazine is always a month ahead.
    nice taste mate I read that too Hull City!!!!
    Insert Signiture here.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

If Cairne was the person picked by Thrall to lead I could see Cairne acting the Diplomat and asking the Alliance to end the war and work together . Now garrosh having little brain , respect or wisdom (Opposite of Thrall and Cairne) would definitly call that treason (Working against the horde) so I guess it could make sense. But why would Garrosh not boot the Tauren out of Orgrimmar if their leader was apparantly a traitor.

The 3rd Faction I think will end up having the Forsaken and Blood Elves who were booted from Orgrimmar. Maybe the Tauren too. And the Night Elves and Worgen . Who were bollocked by Variann.

In the final expansion it would be cool if everyone became one faction . The PVP imo could still be mixed battlegrounds + mixed arena but I guess there would be too much spam in /2
    Insert Signiture here.

Im probably going to get banned on SA, but seriously STOP GETTING TROLLED