Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...

Re: Your most epic death

Unintentional suicide by Path of Frost, possibly in DTK.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

Flying around in bird form around lvl 68 in thrallmar thinking it is cool that the big robots don't attack when I fly through them. So I fly up by the raid boss there get smoked, had to climb a mountain and jump, rez mid air and bird form before I died again by falling... It took a few times to get to the right spot to get the rez box, and click it in time.

FEll thru ICC and somehow ended up impaled on the top which was a little strange :P

15+ Year Old Account

I've had so many epic deaths while playing WoW, but I'll tell you a little story about the most recent epic fail in ICC.

We had gathered a pretty decent ICC pug (we go with almost the same people every week 10 man) and we were sure to get down atleast 9-10 bosses.

We all zoned in, and proceed to kill both marrowgar and lady. After their deaths we took the lift up and boarded the gunship. Our maintank and leader yelled on vent, you have 5 seconds to get your jetpacks, starting now...5...4...3...2...1... And we were off, the second we gained +combat we heard, "oh fuck" on ventrilo. Our maintank (also the leader who did the countdown) told us that he forgot to equip the jetpack.. So it lead to a wipe. Kinda hilarious but there is more.

After mocking the leader for some time we all zoned in, and after the loading screen we had this weird bug, teleporting us infront of the gunship, and everyone instantly died except me, who had to ress everyone. Hilarous raid was hilarous, indeed. Epic moment

10+ Year Old Account

A little while after WotLK came out, doing a 10-man guild run of Naxx. I was MT, using my death knight (before I abandoned him in favor of the warrior and paladin). We start in on Thaddius, and lose 2 DPS immediately to jumpfail + lightning. We lose another one in the middle to a crossed charge. To try and outrace his enrage timer, our shammy healer pops Bloodlust, and our DPS hit him hard. I say on Vent, "Hey, we might actually still do this!" Wrong.

I'm staring at the Enrage timer from DBM, and see it hit 30 seconds, and he's still got a significant slice of health. 10 seconds, he's still going strong. 2 seconds, he's got 100k health. I yell, "Screw this!" on Vent, and pop IBF and AotD at the exact moment he Enrages. With the death knight's avoidance and glyphed IBF, I'm sitting at around 90% damage reduction. Thaddius hits me twice while channeling, and the healers manage to spam hard enough to keep me going, and my ghouls jump on him. He chews through each ghoul in less than half a second, followed quickly by me, chews through the offtank, and then drops down. So, of course, every time we did Thaddius after that, as soon as we'd engage him my guildies would yell "Quick! Army of the Dead!" in Vent :P

The other one was around the same time period, doing another 10-man guild run, we were on Sapphiron. All of the DPS (including the other tank in offspec) died to various things, the most common being an inability to not freak out and all bunch up in the back (yay chain-Iceblock -.-), and one of our three healers (the one we took to get him geared up, with backup in case he did stupid stuff) somehow managed to get cleaved. So, four minutes into the fight, all that's left up is our Resto druid, Resto shammy, and me on the death knight. I will say this, it makes finding an Iceblock to hide behind easy when there's only three people. We stay up easily, with curses being dispelled, heals being tossed, Iceblocks used, and slow DPS from me. The rest of the raid switches between getting food, taking a bio, and staring at the screen waiting for me to either die or finally kill Sapphiron. Well, we had completely forgotten that he has an Enrage timer. Just when we see his health bar drop below 10%, he gets REALLY big, turns red, and re-enacts Sherman's march to the sea, using my face as a substitute for Georgia. The whole raid suddenly screams, "WTF just happened?!?" in Vent, while I sit there staring blankly at the screen, still pressing my tanking rotation.
    85 paladin Prot/Holy, 85 warlock Destro/Affliction, 85 priest Holy/Disc, 85 druid Feral/Resto, 85 shaman Resto/Enhancement, 85 rogue Combat/Combat, 85 mage Fire/Arcane, 85 death knight Blood/Frost, 85 warrior Prot/Arms, 85 hunter Surv/BM.

My name is Citaxis, and I'm an altoholic. My first step is admitting I have a problem. I even have the addon.

I guess i'll list another epic death i've had, I was on my druid and decided to try and solo an elite boss in Scarlet Monestary while i was leveling it so i told the group to not attack. I was doing well killing him when boom i die then i see him die from the killing hit because i had thorns on.

My guilds first 25 Anub kill, lost 2 healers before phase 3, after phase 3 started people were dropping left and right, just as the second last person died our ret pally popped LoH and bubble and kill Anub, fucking epic.

Did ramps on my warrior alt, everything was going just fine until the whole instance came to rape us ???

Deleted

Back in vanilla, in nefarian fight, I was so slow everytime to turn neffy when rogues call pop up, so every rogue was oneshotted back in the day rogue was the top damage dealer, so this 90% of time wipe the entire raid

Probably when I divine intervention'd one of our last DPS when we were starting to wipe at 1% on PP. At the end he put it off and made the Killing blow

15+ Year Old Account

Some ally shaman was going to get the time-lost proto, so right before his cast got done I tagged it. He then had threat, and killed it without noticing.

Then Thunderstormed me off a cliff, but I still got my proto =)

Deleted

Oh, I remenbered another one

Back in 3.0 we were workin on os25 3 drake, after 3-4days of raid we were so near to kill him for server first on jan2008, and the last try of the day was the best (as usual when u cause a wipe xD), we killed the 3rd drake and dpsing sarth to take him down, everybody was relaxed 'cause after the last drake always become easy, I was offtanking the lava spawn and accidentaly missclicked taunting my focus target (sartharion) so he breath on all the raid and wipe it out ç_ç

hours of blame on me -_-

we have this hunter in our guild who doesnt pay attention to peoples classes or roles. I was on my priest and we were doing Tidewalker. raid leader issues a ready check and MT isnt ready, his kids were fighting or something, he had to step afk. hunter asks, "Whos tank?" some smartass said "Jaz is" (my priest) hunter throws up MD on me and runs in going balls to the wall on the boss, he comes over and bitchslaps me then wipes the raid. hunter gets pissed off and leaves the raid saying "stupid tank cant take a hit"

Amazing you were doing 3d when wotlk was still 10 months away! =P
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

dieing as last man standing, at exactly the same time as FL hardmode, actually surviving one of his ram hits with shield wall + last stand. (yes my entire raid fucked up, they are bad at vehicles)

Mine was recent on Blood Princes, I'm an ret pally, my profession is engy and have rocket boots and parachute cloak. I just got hit on the stage a Shock Vortex so I'm behind all the melee running to Empowered Flame Orb guy, I rocket boots off the stage, parachute and fly right into melee, pro right? Well when I started running he started casting empowered flame orb...no big deal...in mid air it targets me, 8 casualties including myself. My name is Jihad and I'm a suicidal Ret Pally Bomber. Whats your game?

Charging a gnome that 1 sec before was knockbacked by a shammy off the bridge in AV, watching us both falling to death, I /facepalm'd myself.
    Real tanks don't use that foo foo magic stuff...we use steel and harsh language.

My faith in humanity before WotLK : ------|---
    after : -|--------