Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

I think blizzard just did something to be anti-ninja

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/15/1268...patch-333.html

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    No, you won't be able to exchange Frozen Orbs for Emblems of Frost.

Yeah it just takes one person to press Need after everyone's pressed Greed on the Frozen Orbs and you miss out. But the good news is that in patch 3.3.3 this won't be the case anymore -- the roll for Frozen Orbs will be an automatic Greed roll. Rejoice!

Oh I will rejoice. Thoughts? We all know it happened to pretty much everyone at one point.

Re: I think blizzard just did something to be anti-ninja

Then again, its a damn frozen orb.. And since we all tried being the guy who greeded, everyone should just need on it. Thats what everyone I'm playing with does. in randoms or in regular hc's..

the sad thing is that it is necessary because this community is even worse than the CS one. The people still playing in cata really should wish that the new guild system purges this non social people out of the game.

also why not make the battered hilt BoP? Or you cant loot it if you have looted it before/did the quest? everyone needs it no matter how many they already got and you are the idiot when passing or pressing greed.
    Who needs gameplay when you have ACHIEVEMENTS? Don't worry about beating levels, finding ways to kill enemies, or beating the final boss... there are none. Focus solely on your ultimate destiny... doing random tasks that have nothing to do with anything. Metagame yourself with ease! Self-satisfaction never felt so... artificial!

This was a pretty unnecessary change. I come from a server where need was the standard option if you wanted the orb, and greed/pass meant the same thing.

In the case of frozen orbs greed means "I don't care if someone else takes it" and need means "I'd like an equal shot at it, thanks".

I don't see why people select the option that lets someone else take it with priority, then get upset when someone else takes it.

"It turns out the only signature he needed was my fist! ... But with a pen in it ... that i was signing with."

90% of the randoms im in EVERYONE greeds anyways idk why people complain, <Nightfall Battlegroup>

10+ Year Old Account

Good change. It's about time.

I do A LOT of randoms, just cuz I actually like them. I'd say bout 80% of the time people NEED on the orbs. I used to just pass, cuz they dont really sell for anything, but now that they'll actually have a use I'll be needing on the shiny blue bastards as well.

WoW Vlogs and Cooking Videos on YouTube. Click Below!
    http://www.youtube.com/Zeilla8

Quote Originally Posted by Thegoods
    90% of the randoms im in EVERYONE greeds anyways idk why people complain, <Nightfall Battlegroup>
    Funny, it's like a 100% Need on EU-Rampage BG...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Thegoods
    Be happy, in my BG in 90% of the cases 1 or more people roll need. I started rolling need aswell if I see anyone need before me. So very annoying.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by damaniac82
    Funny, it's like a 100% Need on EU-Rampage BG...
    Exactly. Some realms did greed, some realms did need, all fine until those realms got mixed in the cross-realm Dungeon Finder...

Honestly I'm saddened that there were so many idiots still greeding the orbs and wondering wtf happened when the rest of the group needed that they needed to make this change.

15+ Year Old Account

I greeded till i read the patch notes, now i need.
    And everyone else does too, now.

15+ Year Old Account
    The place with the best beers in the world!

a bit on the side, but why do we even need to loot stuff like gold, cloth, grey stuff etc... Why can't blizzard put it in our bags automatically once we have the right to loot it? It's damn annoying to pick everything up all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

15+ Year Old Account

Hell, so many ppl staying in the Dungeon, waiting for everyone to leave and rolling NEED the last second. I don't care what others role anymore, I hit need immediately cuz I don't want any of the douchs to get it. But truly? Don't know what everyone expects from the Orb-Seller. It's not that great, not like you get primal saronit in there >_>.
    "Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

* * --(Terry Pratchett, Eric)

On the eu-blackout BG it used to be a waiting game. Everybody waited to see what the rest rolled. Eventually someone clicked either need or greed and the rest followed suit. Hadn't seen a ninja either.

Since the patch notes everybody needs now, so that's cleared up already.

I find it more anoying when people roll on items and leave before roll have ended leaving items to rot if they win

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    Honestly I'm saddened that there were so many idiots still greeding the orbs and wondering wtf happened when the rest of the group needed that they needed to make this change.
    Well, when we all rolled greed everyone had an equal shot at it. I'm saddened that there are now so many idiots rolling need when the old system worked fine.

And the new system is a problem how? Is there ever a situation where one person "needs" an orb more then another?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexio
    I'm saddened that there are now so many idiots rolling need when the old system worked fine.
    I think it's more a question of realm culture. When the realms got more intertwined so did also the realm cultures. On my server nobody ever rolled need for the orbs but once Maghteridon EU came into the mix we had to adapt to roll "need". With the new change people don't have to think about that as much.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    The idiots were the ones needing the orbs in first place. Seeing as they are the ones that neccesitated this change.